Orthodox Purity Created

I have created a FB group called "Orthodox Purity". Anyone that wishes to join let me know, as of now it is private, but I can open it up if need be. This is a place where we can all come together and discuss these issues and decide what to do as a group. Unity is strength and with enough people we will be heard.

**Check that, its not private it is open to the public. **

Comments

• edited March 2014
  • [quote author=GODlovesme link=topic=10556.msg128471#msg128471 date=1296098305]
    I deactivated my facebook account but you guys can just let me know what is going and I'll be glad to provide my assistance :)

We can probably keep you updated here or via email.
  • edited March 2014
  • What is your email?
  • edited March 2014
  • i sent a request to join :D
  • I hope to see more people, the more the better. And if Fr. Peter gets on board as our spokes person or leader or whatever, that would be a great help.
  • Not as many people joined as I thought.
  • I am not a fan of Facebook, and I don't really think I am the spokesperson for anything. LOL!

I am interested in developing a group which is interested in positively promoting all aspects of authentic Coptic Orthodox Tradition, and explaining and presenting such aspects in an interesting and authoritative manner. This will need to include critical reflection on the non-Orthodox influences which are affecting the Coptic Orthodox Church. I am not sure that a protest group is the best way forward. It seems to me that it is necessary to become a resource for promoting the authentic Coptic Orthodox Tradition in the widest sense, and becoming an advocate for traditional Orthodoxy.

I also went and looked at lots of domain names.  LOL! But I think that thinking about the issues, and reflecting prayerfully on what could be formed is necessary. I don't see a lot of value in one group saying we want this, and another group saying we want that. It is necessary to actually subsume all our personal preferences in regard to the Faith to the Tradition which has been passed down to us. This requires a deep understanding of the Tradition, how it has been formed, how it is passed on, how it is corrupted, how past corruptions have been dealt with, etc etc.

I am very much in favour of advocacy for the Coptic Orthodox Faith and Tradition, but I think that a little time and reflection is required.

Father Peter
  • Fr. Peter,
                  I dont really intend on this being a protest group, but more like what you said. I dont want a protest, but I would like to inform everyone and the more people that join and understand our cause, then the more serious we would be taken. I definetly dont want a group that polarizes things, so I try to make it clear what our goals and objectives are, I could however modify it and make it more general to all of Orthodoxy as opposed to simply eradicating protestantism. I was actually thinking about this before I got on here, that we should also be focusing on keeping to the traditions as well as eradicating foreign ones. I would be more than happy to have you heading this up, you are much more equipped for this than I am. I dont want to lose sight of the fact that protestant influence may be creeping in through the back door and I would stress a bit more focus on that, which would open the door to returning to some of the traditions we have become lackadasical on. What do you think?
  • I agree with all those who consider that Protestantism is a danger to the Church.

I guess I am saying that it is perhaps better to say:

i. This is the (iconographic) Tradition of the Church - present things positively

ii. This is how it is endangered - present all of the dangers

iii. How should we respond

Father Peter

• Will do Fr. Peter. I think our FB group for now is just a place for us to gather those who do not know where else to go. Hopefully we will be able to discuss issues and what we can do about them. I hope to get a mobile phone soon, I am looking at one with free international calling. This will enable me to be in contact with you much easier, although I must admit, I do not know the first thing about mobile phones, in fact my tracfone has been sitting in the same place for over a year.

We really need to get in touch to discuss this issue and our collaboration. Thank you again Fr. Peter for taking time out to share your wisdom and help guide me in the proper direction.