I'm quite worried to go to Egypt :(

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hi All,
I'm going to Egypt at the end of this Month. To be Quite Honest, I'm very worried to go, especially after what happened in Alexandria. It's really affecting my sleep & I feel very stressed out.

Is this normal?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm still quite worried though
  • You probably will be ok. They only want to Attack on big days. God be with you
  • Buddy.. I have been here since Mid-November.. and im leaving mid-Feb...

We live right next door to El Kediseen Church... but we were in Cairo at the time of the bomb... A few distant family members were Martyred and 1 that I know of is injured pretty bad.

It's AWESOME, REGARDLESS what has happened!

You will only get urself in crap if you do it to yourself... such as going to Shobra when there are protests going on... not smart at all. Everywhere else is awesome to be at.

If you think about the situation, it's very humbling. But don't think about it too much.. dont watch the news, dont read the papers and don't listen to Egyptians who talk a lot, just know the least and you should be fine.. pray and get closer to God and you will be super fine.

don't think about it. it was stressing and all during the time.. but give your self some time to look at the good in this, and ask the Lord for comfort.. trust me, I was much worried as you and maybe worse.. but my eyes are open now.. God will give you hardcore comfort if you ask for it.. trust me.. and once you step out of that airport and see everything and everyone going about as normal, you will feel fine.

I seriously thought this was gonna be my last big holiday here.. but seriously, I love it... I'm gonna get myself a job and work hard to come back next year - without my parents too - big step.

Cheers
  • Thanks for your reply mikhail.
    Please pray for me, I will spend 6 weeks in Egypt, & I have to actually stay in Alexandria
  • My friend made fun of their Muslim neighbors a couple of years ago cuz they were Muslim, he did it up to their faces and all they did was curse, nothing all
  • Don't go to Egypt, until the country is stable again. Did you hear? The Egyptian Army and Air Force have been deployed all over the country with Egypt's Latest Main-Battle Tanks in the Streets of Cairo, the M1A2 Abrams, and F-16's flying low over Cairo, who knows if they're armed with bombs or not. Wait until Mubarak get's out, and the area is peaceful again, then go to Egypt after the few years it takes to rebuild the country.
  • so who will be left to rebuild the country?
  • you can't go to egypt. there's no planes flying in
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=10486.msg129121#msg129121 date=1296505234]
    so who will be left to rebuild the country?

The government when the people stop protesting. Tanks and Fighter jets and soldiers are there just to protect the country and people.
  • Balados,

Don't Go.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10486.msg129157#msg129157 date=1296526452]
    Balados,

Don't Go.

I don't think he can, no airliner would fly him there anyways.
  • Hopefully he can get a refund on the flight.
  • Did you go to Egypt or not?

I just came back yesterday... Definitely wanna go again this year.. Egypt is the bomb regardless anything.
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=10486.msg131018#msg131018 date=1297986727]
    ^ Thank God i'm not the only one who thinks that.

i wanted to experience the protest.

lol. We've got a revolutionary on tasbeha I see :)
    Well, I'm sure that would have been an interesting experience, but the larger implications I find very worrying.
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=10486.msg131018#msg131018 date=1297986727]

trust me, having no internet is no fun at all, and you'd get fed up with whats on the news

some guy in a tank asked me for the time yesterday lol
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=10486.msg131317#msg131317 date=1298328479]
    [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=10486.msg131018#msg131018 date=1297986727]

trust me, having no internet is no fun at all, and you'd get fed up with whats on the news

some guy in a tank asked me for the time yesterday lol

It's not called some Guy in a tank. It's called the following

One of the Mighty Great Egyptian Tankers of one of the Elite Egyptian Armored Corps of the Great and Almighty Egyptian Army of the Superior Council of The Egyptian Armed Forces.

Not some guy in a tank.
  • guys ... I am Egyptian from Egypt, and live in Egypt.

U can come now it is somehow stable ... God Saves all times
  • Cairo
    Do not be afraid .. it is ur country - ur home-.
    No one is afraid from his own home :)
    God saves us wherever we are /GBU
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=10486.msg131376#msg131376 date=1298389537]
    Thank God.
    i will def visit this summer

me too, to see tanks
  • [quote author=crosslover link=topic=10486.msg131375#msg131375 date=1298388528]
    Cairo
    Do not be afraid .. it is ur country - ur home-.
    No one is afraid from his own home :)
    God saves us wherever we are /GBU

where in cairo (just to see if ur my next door neighbor or not)
  • El Marg-Metro Line.
    Wish to come back savely GBU