Jesus Is Our Best Friend

edited October 2004 in Faith Issues
Peace

Dear Hustler,

I read the last topic you posted before it was deleted

Anyways..you were also saying how could we have Jesus, who is God, as our friend?

I have to say you are missing out on a lot of things…..

What can be better than having a friend that is always there for you?. He always listens to you when you call for Him. If you ever have problems or worries, you can throw them all on His shoulders, because He tells you, “Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28

At times when you are troubled or afraid, this friend will come and comfort you and He will fill your heart with His peace, “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27

If you ever cry, this friend will come and wipe all your tears away “and God will wipe every tear from their eyes” Revelation 21:4

This friend that we have is the greatest friend a person could ever have. Because even if we forget about Him sometimes, He will never forget us, “ I will never leave you nor forsake you” Hebrews 13:5. Even if we go far away from Him sometimes, He is always waiting, patiently for our return, and if we decide to return He welcomes us with open arms. This friend will forgive us endlessly as long as we repent.

This is the one friend that truly loves us, great love. He is like no other friend we will ever have, because His love is unconditional love, love without conditions, and He expects nothing in return, He loves us regardless of how many times we have hurt Him, regardless of if we love Him back or not, He still loves us. He loves us that He even sacrificed Himself for our sakes, His death on the cross was a sacrifice of love.

This is why we treasure this great friendship with Jesus and we will be friends with Him forever.

Dearest Hustler, the thing is, that at the moment, you do not have Jesus as a friend, because He is not in your heart, so you do not have the joy of having this great friend that we all have, if you did you would feel so much happiness and joy in your life, that there would be no reason to question His friendship with us in the first place.

You also said that it is stupid/meaningless to try to be like God who is more superior than us, & we can not be like Him.

Of course God is more superior than us, we were made from the dusts of this earth, and He is the one who created us.

Just because God is more superior than us, that doesn’t mean that we should not TRY to be like Him. Every religion follows their God or their beliefs, don’t you?

Yes, we will never be as Him, because He is far greater than us, and no one is perfect but God Himself. But we must keep on striving and struggling till our last breath to be like Him as much as possible, “Therefore you shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect.” Matthew 5:48

Following our Lord, Jesus Christ, trying to be like Him and walking in His footsteps is an essential part of Christianity

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
anyone feel free to share how you feel your friendship with God has affected your life, and why you have Jesus as a friend...or anything relating to this topic..i would love to hear your comments :) (and maybe Hustler would read them too and understand whats the point of having Jesus as our friend!!)

Comments

• There is also one in John, I no longer call you servants but I have called you friends because a servant doesn't know what his master is doing...

God bless,

CS