Attack on Coptic Churches in Europe

Hi,

This situation has become even more dire:

H.G Bishop Angaelos and a few priests in Europe have approached the police with threats against their Churches.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12108677

Please pray for Muslims and all followers of this "religion of peace" that they may be more peaceful.

Thanks

Comments

• i personally do not think that they will attack those churches. I think they will use these threats as decoys and attack less prepared churches.  As dumb and ignorant their actions may be...they are strategists.
  • i hae to agree with you on that one copticuser, i think they are goin to attack the smaller ones for some reason.... or maybe they just dont want us to go altogether
  • you should read this:
    http://www.copticassembly.com/showart.php?main_id=4069

it is before anything happened and it says that they made many false threats.
  • Maybe these threats will help keep the belligerent youths, who hang outside the church while the services are being conducted, to disperse or they will be a target.  You know, the ones that are smoking, being loud, playing the Arabic music, with the goofy thin beard or sideburns, trying to look cool so they can attract some girl coming out of church.  The same type of girl, that would be thinking that she is going to find the man of her dreams in one of these hang-out derelicts.

• [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10359.msg126438#msg126438 date=1294281836]
    Maybe these threats will help keep the belligerent youths, who hang outside the church while the services are being conducted, to disperse or they will be a target.  You know, the ones that are smoking, being loud, playing the Arabic music, with the goofy thin beard or sideburns, trying to look cool so they can attract some girl coming out of church.  The same type of girl, that would be thinking that she is going to find the man of her dreams in one of these hang-out derelicts.

God Forbid yanni. i agree. church is not taken seriously anymore but that is besides the point. i just hope none of these threats happen and that they are trying to scare us.
  • I'm not saying I wish anyone harm.  I was just saying that it may be a deterent to this loitering.
  • why is the sole superpower not helping ? where is the moral obligation that they always talk about? Is jamming congress with emails and faxes not a worthy cause?
  • Mozes,

My feelings exactly.

I will give you a reason:  they don't care.  Why?  Because, the Coptics are not "pretty" enough for them, either as a people or an issue.
  • Honestly, it is that helping Christians specifically makes the United States look bad in the eyes of the majority of the people in the region. It's depressing, but I think that's what it really is. Just like how Bush Jr. went through great pains to say that we're at war with terrorists and not Islam (isn't that splitting hairs, Mr. President? ::)), and now Obama goes to Cairo to kiss up to Islam and make everybody happy about our "new relationship" with the Muslim-dominated countries...the United States government knows that Christians are persecuted minorities in every country, so there is no real tactical advantage in helping them, and they know that the paranoid Muslims already see the USA as a "crusader" nation (because they don't understand that the USA is secular, very much NOT Christian), so the USA doesn't want to give the ideologists of the Al-Qaeda/Ikhwan/Jihad movements any more ammunition.

It is a case of "realpolitik", and it is disgusting!
  • Thank you for your feedbacks ,ilovesaintmark & dzheremi. I just thought the US has some decency left in it to do the right thing, even if a decison is politically unpopular.They contuneously speak of the moral obligations they uphold, but they apparantly fail to walk the walk.