How Do We Confront Feelings of Fear by Rev. Fr. Tadros Malaty (Arabic)

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
what an amazing sermon, so true that God can fill us with His peace, even in difficult times.
can someone summarise it in english please?

also could someone tell us what baba shenouda, our dear patriarch said? it seemed to be in fusha, not egyptian dialect and i could not understand it.

in case anyone got to this page without knowing what i am talking about, the link is here:
http://tasbeha.org
;)

Comments

• His Holiness called for us to be wise and calm. He said problems will be solved in calmness.
    He also warned Copts not to join in demonstrations as some non-Christians join those demonstrations, taking advantage of the situation, to destroy and do unethical things and then of couse these things are blamed on the Copts.
  • mabsoota, I can't find the link for your subject's title.

Truthsetsfree summarized very well what HH stated. I would like to add two points: HH wished everybody to calmly follow the central COC approach. He also expressed that what happened has shaken all Egypt and he fears that if left unresolved terrorists' repeated actions would eventually hurt more citizens (God forbid), that at the end it could reach everybody regardless of their religion.

GBU
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=10383.msg126371#msg126371 date=1294245050]
    mabsoota, I can't find the link for your subject's title.

Truthsetsfree summarized very well what HH stated. I would like to add two points: HH wished everybody to calmly follow the central COC approach. He also expressed that what happened has shaken all Egypt and he fears that if left unresolved terrorists' repeated actions would eventually hurt more citizens (God forbid), that at the end it could reach everybody regardless of their religion.

GBU

John,
    Both sermons are on the tasbeha.org homepage. The one from Abouna Tadros Malaty about fear is first, and underneath it is the pope's interview.
  • The link man (JOHN_S2000) probably just got confused with the other two million links he has of the same video and he just wanted to make sure which one mabsoota was watching. LOL.
  • Yeah geomike! thanks for the tip user00 I found it  :)
    I had to refresh the main page that's all

Hey code-man (geomike), thanks to all again.
    (in view of the sad current events can't even think to call you mail-bomber man!)

GBU
  • Can someone write a transcript for this in English?

Cheers
  • [quote author=Truthsetsfree link=topic=10383.msg126369#msg126369 date=1294243455]
    His Holiness called for us to be wise and calm. He said problems will be solved in calmness.
    He also warned Copts not to join in demonstrations as some non-Christians join those demonstrations, taking advantage of the situation, to destroy and do unethical things and then of couse these things are blamed on the Copts.

HH is against the demonstrations? All demonstrations, or just the violent ones?
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=10383.msg126374#msg126374 date=1294247503]
    Yeah geomike! thanks for the tip user00 I found it  :)
    I had to refresh the main page that's all

Hey code-man (geomike), thanks to all again.
    (in view of the sad current events can't even think to call you mail-bomber man!)

GBU

Off Topic:
    nice to know i am recognized on the forums, LOL.

On Topic:
    May God help our brothers and sisters in Egypt. Amen.