Your Love Embraced Me

2»

Comments

• [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=10190.msg125910#msg125910 date=1293838114]
    I checked the Apocalypse of Zephaniah, which ironically only exists in Coptic. There is no mention of rain at all. Neither is there any mention of the Lord coming as rain without cloud in any pseudo-epigraphic apocalypse texts of the Old or New Testaments. And there is no mention of the Lord coming or appearing as rain without cloud in any other Coptic liturgical, or hagiographic texts that I can find.

well....let me ask you, what do you mean when you say "only exists in Coptic"? because Anba Youssef says that there is a mention of this prophecy in the "Septuagint" version of the book and it is not clear in NKJV....
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=10190.msg125912#msg125912 date=1293839814]
    [quote author=Remnkemi link=topic=10190.msg125910#msg125910 date=1293838114]
    I checked the Apocalypse of Zephaniah, which ironically only exists in Coptic. There is no mention of rain at all. Neither is there any mention of the Lord coming as rain without cloud in any pseudo-epigraphic apocalypse texts of the Old or New Testaments. And there is no mention of the Lord coming or appearing as rain without cloud in any other Coptic liturgical, or hagiographic texts that I can find.

well....let me ask you, what do you mean when you say "only exists in Coptic"? because Anba Youssef says that there is a mention of this prophecy in the "Septuagint" version of the book and it is not clear in NKJV....

Mina,
    The Apocalypse of Zephaniah only exists in 2 Coptic fragments. This is apochrypha. It is not part of the Septuagint Bible. The Septuagint book of Zephaniah is something else completely. And I checked the Septuagint version. I could not find anything about rain in the whole book of Zephaniah.
    George