Your Abouna

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
So that we might be able to gain some resources for instruction and edification, which Abouna or Bishop do you enjoy listening to?

I enjoy listening to Father Anthony Messeh and Father Bishoy Andrawes of St. Mark's Coptic Orthodox Church in Washington, DC. (www.orthodoxsermons.org)

I also enjoy listening to HG Bishop Moussa...he has such a gentle and kind spirit.

Comments

• I enjoy listening to Abouna Antonios Tonios' liturgies and Abouna Boulos George's sermons. I also enjoy listening to Dr. Magdy's lectures (im not sure if he counts  :P, but his humor is very entertaining, and he's probably one of the few people I can listen to and not fall asleep.. this guy has talent  ;) )

Peace.
  • Taishory, I agree, Abouna Boules George is really one of the best people to give sermons God bless him, do you happen to know where he is? America?...

gb
  • lol no I just watch him on aghapy  ;) but I'm pretty sure he's in Egypt, I can find out for you.. I'm sure my parents know.

Peace.
  • He was in California, I believe, for two weeks as he was giving some lectures and attending a family retreat at St John's church in west covina. But I think he went back already
  • are you sure your not confusing him for abouna dawood lama3y?
  • i LOVE the DC priests...they have awesome sermons...& they also have rly good sermons from alot of different priests on that site.
    I really like to listen to HG Bishop Youssef too :)
  • Abouna David Milad from St. Mary's in Baltimore, MD!!!!
  • I very much enjoy listening to the Priests of my church in Sydney... Mostly, Fr. Yacoub Magdy.... One of his awesome sermons are here http://www.coyasydney.org/modules/tmd_downloads/singlefile.php?cid=14&lid=57 which is only a small example of how good his sermons are... There are more on my church website: www.stmark.com.au
    This will lead you to the a page that says a new website is under construction, and direct you to the "old" site but you can access the sermons there... Some are in Arabic, some in English.. I get really confused.. but I'm telling you all now, our 3 priests are the best sermon speakers ever... so go hard downloading whatever you can get from our church website... I suggest the passion week sermons... but you can only listen to them during passion week... enjoy.

Cheers
  • Hi all,

Our churches in and around Mississauga:St. Mary & St. Athanasius, St. Philopateer & St. Anthony, St. Mina & Pope Kyrillos, 7 altars, St. Paul & St. Peter, St. Maximos & St. Domadios, St. George & St. Abanoub, The Valley of the Mother of God are very blessed to have 12 priest: Fr. Angelos, Fr. Maximos, Fr. Gawargious, Fr. Domadios, Fr. Botros, Fr. Pishoy, Fr. Makari, Fr. Paul, Fr. Luke, Fr. David, Fr. Mina, Fr. Kyrillos.
    They all have really good sermons but Abouna Pishoy Wasfy is mainly responsable for the youth of the church; sermons, activities, trips...
    I also have experience with Abouna Antonios Tanios, Abouna Mark from New Jersey (I think), Abouna Boulos George, and Abouna Dawood Lamey came to our church but i could serve with him or hear his sermons.
    If any of you wish, you could listen to them at http://www.cccnet.ca/Audio-Video/Live/live.htm
    God bless all our priest who are part of the growing of our faith.
    Pray for me and all of them,

Cyril
  • My most favorite is actually H.G. Anba Rofail and I also love Abouna Louka Sidarous from California.
  • One of my favorites is Abouna Michael from Queens. His sermons are amazing.
    Also, there was this other Abouna who came to my church during the Feast of St. Mary...he was from Giza, and he gave an extremely nice (and insightful) sermon about why we hold St. Mary in such high regard. I just can't remember is name at the moment (which is driving me crazy!)
  • Abouna David Milad from St. Mary's Baltimore is pretty much, the MAN.
  • [quote author=Tishori link=topic=8055.msg124777#msg124777 date=1292549818]
    Abouna David Milad from St. Mary's Baltimore is pretty much, the MAN.

I 2nd that....we need to get him on orthodoxsermons.org!
  • Of course the dc church is great! But i also loooove hearing HGBY!! His Grace Bishop Youssef is one of my favorites! I also like listening to Father Pishoy Salama from Canada
  • oops i just realized i responded to this post like a month ago lol
    malesh
  • Dr. Magdy is definitely pretty awesome! The topic of Psychology as a whole interests me and he presents it in a very pleasant manner that's entertaining and easy to understand.
    [quote author=+Pistavros+ link=topic=8055.msg124725#msg124725 date=1292467309]
    My most favorite is actually H.G. Anba Rofail and I also love Abouna Louka Sidarous from California.

Pistavros, I couldnt agree more! H.G. Anba Rofail is my favorite right after H.H. Pope Shenouda <-- I can't believe he wasn't mentioned yet. He is amazing!
    Abouna Louka Sidarous also has very nice sermons; deep, simple, and easy to understand even for those that are lingually retarted in arabic like myself ;D
    - This is off topic but by any chance do you know/ heard his son Arsani? - AWESOME in hymns, their meaning, prayer.. everything!
  • [quote author=✞Stavroforos✞ link=topic=8055.msg124803#msg124803 date=1292589677]
    Dr. Magdy is definitely pretty awesome! The topic of Psychology as a whole interests me and he presents it in a very pleasant manner that's entertaining and easy to understand.
    [quote author=+Pistavros+ link=topic=8055.msg124725#msg124725 date=1292467309]
    My most favorite is actually H.G. Anba Rofail and I also love Abouna Louka Sidarous from California.

Pistavros, I couldnt agree more! H.G. Anba Rofail is my favorite right after H.H. Pope Shenouda- I can't believe he wasn't mentioned yet. He is amazing!
    Abouna Louka Sidarous also has very nice sermons; deep, simple, and easy to understand even for those that are lingually retarted in arabic like myself ;D
    - This is off topic but by any chance do you know/ heard his son Arsani? - AWESOME in hymns, their meaning, prayer.. everything!

do you have links to abouna loka sidarous

and yea Arsani Sidarous is the man!
  • [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=8055.msg124805#msg124805 date=1292590688]
    do you have links to abouna loka sidarous

Here ya go!
    http://www.saintabraam.org/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=40
    (there is a lot there, just pick a time period and browse through them)

[quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=8055.msg124805#msg124805 date=1292590688]

Yes he is!! Recordings are a complete underestimation of him. I attended a liturgy with him for the first time a few weeks ago and it was just breath taking. God willing, I look forward to attending Kiahk with him this week! ;D
  • [quote author=✞Stavroforos✞ link=topic=8055.msg124803#msg124803 date=1292589677]
    Pistavros, I couldnt agree more! H.G. Anba Rofail is my favorite right after H.H. Pope Shenouda- I can't believe he wasn't mentioned yet. He is amazing!

Stavrofors, yes, Anba Rofail is really gifted when it comes to explaining the church & hymns rights; I really love how he simplifies the most complex things in Theology and our church tradition.

[quote author=✞Stavroforos✞ link=topic=8055.msg124808#msg124808 date=1292591404]
    [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=8055.msg124805#msg124805 date=1292590688]

Yes he is!! Recordings are a complete underestimation of him. I attended a liturgy with him for the first time a few weeks ago and it was just breath taking. God willing, I look forward to attending Kiahk with him this week! ;D

Indeed, Arsani is the man. And yes, I completely agree with Stavroforos, listening to a live Liturgy or Tasbeha by Arsani is completely different from the recordings. Simply put, he is AWESOME.
    I actually fell in love with Tasbeha and the Coptic hymns because of Arsani and ended up learning all of them him, especially the live recordings.

• Ok, now I live on the east coast so would it be weird to ask you guys to sneak in recording devices and record kiahk? :D
  • Abanoub, the church broadcasts the weekly service online via the website at: http://www.saintabraam.org . Click on "Live Service" on the left.  The schedule is also listed there in PST.

So you can actually watch tasbehat Kiahk live from home!
  • yea but i would have to miss my kiahk :( lol
  • No not really, since you live on the East Cost, then there's a three-hour difference, so if your church finishes around 11, then it's 8PM in CA, so you only missed about an hour or so and still got like 3 hours remaining to watch and enjoy  :)
  • OHH YEA! Thanks :)