The Problem with the Fast

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Well, it's fasting time again. And with the fast inevitably comes one problem -- gas  :P . All those beans, french fries, and nuts tend to take a toll on your belly. Anyone have good suggestions on dealing with gas?

Comments

• lool,some of you guys are funny.You have run out of other serious questions, eyy? C'mon that is not a problem. Find a quite corner and break it.There are far more serious problems:-)..but you got me loooled.
  • metanias are the only solution... seriously, some how that movement make it all just ... come out... LOL... maybe the doctors here can explain to us why

Fasting and Prayer (with metanias) is the way to go
  • [quote author=the_least link=topic=10156.msg124240#msg124240 date=1291952456]
    metanias are the only solution... seriously, some how that movement make it all just ... come out... LOL... maybe the doctors here can explain to us why

Fasting and Prayer (with metanias) is the way to go

You're absolutely right!!  Metanias cause intestinal stimulation which causes the contents to move (downstream) which eventually result in a bowl movement (and no constipation, of course). 
    Metanias are really beneficial from a physical/health point-of-view.
    Also, try to eat plenty of vegetables (esp. the green leafy ones->lettuce)
  • There is been-o (it's an over the counter product).

Also as a reverse to the metania; sit-ups.

Also, Also, removing the outer lining of legumes decreases the fermentation process that causes flatulence.
  • Also, Also, removing the outer lining of legumes decreases the fermentation process that causes flatulence.

What does that mean for those who haven't graduated from medical school/or entered it/or google medical terms for fun?
  • The waxy coating on beans.  This is the main portion that causes gas production
  • ummm...guys this is a huge problem in all churches and I discussed it in length with my servants and there is only one solution.....Just fart and point to the person closest to you....

It really works!
  • Really? What is up with this?

"ummm...guys this is a huge problem in all churches and I discussed it in length with my servants and there is only one solution.....Just fart and point to the person closest to you...."

Now, now. That would be lying in church. That's a big no-no.

It would be just better if you just don't EAT beans.....you know, like avoid it. So you don't, you know, fart in public. :o

That just makes suffering a BIT easier. Haha. ;)
  • dont eat foul (beans)????? You must not be coptic! :D
  • Haha....I love foul, I think all the egyptians do. Just think all of the other creamy, tasty foods......YUM! :P

Foul is not the only food in this world, think about all the other food that does not involve suffering to the person next to you, rather, behind you, lol  ;D

• This is actually true.
    This is a growing epidemic all over the coptic world... :P ;D
    Just wait 'till the Great Lent because then comes the fatty greasy slimy food; old uncle fart...
  • I think it would be good if this thread was allowed to die a natural death now.

Father Peter
  • [quote author=Father Peter link=topic=10156.msg124381#msg124381 date=1292250924]
    I think it would be good if this thread was allowed to die a natural death now.

Father Peter

Haha I'm sorry Father.
    When I made the thread I was actually looking for serious suggestions, because it gets frustrating for me when I am trying to pray the agpeya or I'm in church and all I can think about is the discomfort of my bowels.