Abu Seifein's miracle with my mom

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hello all!

I just wanted to share something really amazing that happened to my family 3 years ago that has to do with Abu Seifein since his commemoration was a couple days ago.

In Nov, 2007 two days before my 18th birthday my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and she was put on the top of the list to have a mastectomy because the doctors were really concerned about her case. We were terrified that it had spread to her lymphs because the tumor was big and it had actually deformed her breast... and my mom had ignored it for a long time (I DO NOT know why.. I didn't know about it). She had her surgery in December around the time of Abu Seifein's commemoration so we were all asking him to intercede for her. The day of the surgery my tita and I stayed home and we decided to listen to some spiritual tapes to give us comfort... well Abu Seifein kept coming up everywhere every tape/cd/movie we randomly picked out of our collection was of him, it was as if he was telling us he was with my mom. Then my aunt went to pray at Abu S. church before her surgery, Abouna was coming out and the only oil he had in his pocket was Abu Seifein's! Then someone gave us the sleeve that we put the bodies of the saints in that belonged to.. guess who? Abu S. So he was with my mom the whole time and he made sure of it! I have to thank him every year for interceding for us. Also, another Abouna happened to be at the hospital giving someone communion so right before my mom went in Abouna let her kiss the Body or he put it in her mouth, I can't remember exactly.

Her cancer didn't spread even though it was a possibility since the doctors were worried. My mom is done treatment and everything now and she's doing great thank God. Just wanted to share a personal miracle. Anyone else have stories?

God is so good!
mary

Comments

• Glory be to God forever amen.  :D
  • Nice! I love stories like this.
  • That's a great miracle. Abu Seifein is an awesome saint, may he always continue to intercede for us.
  • Glory be to God!
  • Glory be to God.
  • Glory be to God.
    I have a story but it is with St. George.
    Anyone intersted of hearing/reading it?
  • [quote author=Cyril97 link=topic=10132.msg123834#msg123834 date=1291754878]
    Glory be to God.
    I have a story but it is with St. George.
    Anyone intersted of hearing/reading it?

Me.
  • I am glad. I was dying to share it.

So, last year, I wanted to attend our Lord's ascension to the heavens, in church.
    I believe it was on thursday and my mom said no because I would miss school.
    She said that even if she says yes, no one would be able to drive me.
    My dad has work and my mom too.
    The next day (Thursday) my mom wakes up not feeling soo good.
    She calls in sick so she can't got to work.
    She comes to me then asks me if I still want to go to church.
    I told her, yes if she can drive me (feeling O.K)
    She did drive me to church that day and I promised St. George a little something for him.
    That is pretty much it.
    God bless and may the prayers and interssesions of St. George, Philopateer, and Mina be with us all,

Cyril
  • Nice Cyril97! I love how those things always work out, little miracles in our daily lives :)

mary
  • Abu Seifein is Amazing... He and Tamav Irene performed a miracle on my dad exactly 7 years ago on Abu Seifeins feast.
    It was a massive miracle.. anyways, it is in Abu Seifeins book of miracles part 3.. the last miracle there... if anyone can read arabic... I can't lol.
    May his prayers be with us all.
  • I don't have that book. Can you share with us please?
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10132.msg123871#msg123871 date=1291765805]
    I don't have that book. Can you share with us please?

I agree! Plus I can't read Arabic even if I did have it. You can't say something like that and not share! :)
  • Okay, okay I will share it so that God's name can be glorified more.

But not now because it's pretty long and I need to be awake for this because the usually I take 10 minutes to explain to friends and a few times I forgot to mention the main part (LOL)... so hopefully tomorrow I will find the time to sit down for a good 30 minutes of speed typing trying not to forget any details.

Cheers
  • I read Tamav Erinie's life story which is book 1 and then I skipped to book 3 which is called God Loves Me (Part III) and its ALL about Philopater Mercurius's (Abu Seifein) miracles.

Is that the book you were talking about, Mikhail?

- http://www.orthodoxbookstore.org/godlovesme2-themiraclesofphilopatermercurius.aspx ; (<<this is part II not III, I read the 3rd part.)

• [quote author=CopticStrength link=topic=10132.msg124272#msg124272 date=1292013953]
    I read Tamav Erinie's life story which is book 1 and then I skipped to book 3 which is called God Loves Me (Part III) and its ALL about Philopater Mercurius's (Abu Seifein) miracles.

Is that the book you were talking about, Mikhail?

- http://www.orthodoxbookstore.org/godlovesme2-themiraclesofphilopatermercurius.aspx ; (<<this is part II not III, I read the 3rd part.)

lol dude you have it mixed up...

The english books are as follows:

There are currently 3 books for Abu Seifeins Miracles... the one you gave the link to is Book 2 of Abu Seifeins Miracles.

There are also 3 books about Tamavs' life... the first 2 are her life.. and I'm only mid-way through the 3rd book because I bought it last week when I was at Abu Seifeins feast here in Old Cairo... and it was on the shelves for like 2 weeks now! So exciting... I feel like I am the 1st person to read the english version of book 3.

The book where my dads miracle is in is the Arabic Book 3 of Abu Seifeins Miracles... the reason the miracle is not in english is because they are not up to date with translating the Arabic books... They somehow confused it: for example, book 1 in Arabic for Abu Seifein is equivalent to books 1 and 2 in English. (I hope this makes sense)

Wow, you've really confused it.... just have a look at the titles of the book whether it's Tamav or Abu Seifein and have a look at the date of printing inside to help you... lol

My aunt is a nun in monastery, so I know a whole lot about Abu Seifein and the Convent especially because this is my 4th time to Egypt and we're always visiting the convent and my aunt whenever we can :)

Abu Seifein and Tamav are Big Barakas! :D

Cheers
  • Haha....wow. I made it confusing!  :o  I get it now. Thanks for the clarification!

Both Saints are just miraculous. May their blessing be with us all.

Whenever you have the time to post the miracle, PLEASE don't think twice!!!!

I think we are all waiting to read this.
    No pressure, just the whole Tasbeha community waiting to read the amazing miricle with your Dad, that's all.  ;D LoL
  • [quote author=CopticStrength link=topic=10132.msg124321#msg124321 date=1292076231]
    Haha....wow. I made it confusing!  :o  I get it now. Thanks for the clarification!

Both Saints are just miraculous. May their blessing be with us all.

Whenever you have the time to post the miracle, PLEASE don't think twice!!!!

I think we are all waiting to read this.
    No pressure, just the whole Tasbeha community waiting to read the amazing miricle with your Dad, that's all.  ;D LoL

haha no pressure at all...
    Okay, I'll write it out properly on Word and then I'll email it to you guys when I'm done so I can make sure it's complete, neat and makes perfect sense. Give me a week... or a few (lol). I'll post here when I'm done and you can all give me your emails.

Cheers
  • Every day I am given a miracle. The miracle is a another day to repent, another day to come back to the Lord. But I, being stubborn as a mule and prideful as pharaoh (by not giving any thanks or glory to God), turned my face to dwell on what my flesh loves... sin. Oh God have mercy upon us all. God bless everyone.
  • [quote author=marym2 link=topic=10132.msg123713#msg123713 date=1291680399]
    Hello all!

I just wanted to share something really amazing that happened to my family 3 years ago that has to do with Abu Seifein since his commemoration was a couple days ago.

In Nov, 2007 two days before my 18th birthday my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer and she was put on the top of the list to have a mastectomy because the doctors were really concerned about her case. We were terrified that it had spread to her lymphs because the tumor was big and it had actually deformed her breast... and my mom had ignored it for a long time (I DO NOT know why.. I didn't know about it). She had her surgery in December around the time of Abu Seifein's commemoration so we were all asking him to intercede for her. The day of the surgery my tita and I stayed home and we decided to listen to some spiritual tapes to give us comfort... well Abu Seifein kept coming up everywhere every tape/cd/movie we randomly picked out of our collection was of him, it was as if he was telling us he was with my mom. Then my aunt went to pray at Abu S. church before her surgery, Abouna was coming out and the only oil he had in his pocket was Abu Seifein's! Then someone gave us the sleeve that we put the bodies of the saints in that belonged to.. guess who? Abu S. So he was with my mom the whole time and he made sure of it! I have to thank him every year for interceding for us. Also, another Abouna happened to be at the hospital giving someone communion so right before my mom went in Abouna let her kiss the Body or he put it in her mouth, I can't remember exactly.

Her cancer didn't spread even though it was a possibility since the doctors were worried. My mom is done treatment and everything now and she's doing great thank God. Just wanted to share a personal miracle. Anyone else have stories?

God is so good!
    mary

Easy there...

Saint George and other saints have been doing the same miracles also.

And believe it or not, Anba Kirellous also is very active.

Welcome to the club.
  • Do you mean Pope Kyrillos VI?
    Same here. May miracles by even the mention of his name.
    GBU, PFM,
    Cyril
  • [quote author=Cyril97 link=topic=10132.msg124531#msg124531 date=1292371597]
    Do you mean Pope Kyrillos VI?
    Same here. May miracles buy even the mention of his name.
    GBU, PFM,
    Cyril

lol.. yes.. He's awesome.
  • [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=10132.msg124527#msg124527 date=1292369163]
    [quote author=marym2 link=topic=10132.msg123713#msg123713 date=1291680399]
    Hello all!

God is so good!
    mary

Easy there...

Saint George and other saints have been doing the same miracles also.

And believe it or not, Anba Kirellous also is very active.

Welcome to the club.

Zoxsasi, I understand what you mean by saying this here, but I don't get why? What was the purpose? The original poster just wanted to share a certain miracle about a saint that is very special to us... Abu Seifein is especially special to many of us, and other saints are just as special to others...
    It is unclear why you mention other saints also perform miracles... it's like you were just stating the obvious but trying to make it personal or something mentioning saints that you find most special to you and neglect the saint we are mentioning in this thread.

Forgive me if I stepped out of line here.

Cheers
  • [quote author=Servant of Jesus Christ link=topic=10132.msg124325#msg124325 date=1292087863]
    Every day I am given a miracle. The miracle is a another day to repent, another day to come back to the Lord. But I, being stubborn as a mule and prideful as pharaoh (by not giving any thanks or glory to God), turned my face to dwell on what my flesh loves... sin. Oh God have mercy upon us all. God bless everyone.

This post brought a tear to my eye. Thank you Servant of Jesus Christ for the nice meditation :)