I GIVE UP

Comments

• Hey :)
    watch these videos

and
  • Look, you gotta understand that it is never too late to fix things up no matter how complicated situations might seem especially when you know that God is on your side at all times.
    Also, if you're struggling with certain thoughts/ideas, you have to keep in mind that you will not be able to "eradicate" them by yourself alone. Ask for God's help and the intercessions of the Saints and Angels.  
    Have faith that God will help and not let you fail but in the same time you have to do your part.  You can't just give up easily but rather you have to actually make an effort to change things and by the help of Him things will change to the better.

Do NOT give in into temptations and pressure to party like others around you because that will matters even more worse.

When it comes to studying, look at this way: Would you rather force yourself to study as hard as you can now and succeed or waste time (and money, of course) which will result in failure?  Studying needs an inner self-motivation in order for it to be accomplished.  And also, success in our academic and professional life is something that we can use to glorify God's name (but that's a whole different topic).

Why can't you follow any advices? Are they difficult? Do you not have the urge or the will to follow them?
    Do you have a church nearby school?  Any Coptic/Orthodox friends at school that you know?
  • Don't ever give up on yourself!

Watch this video:

God has never, and will never give up on you! Never lose hope, because you are NEVER alone!

There is nothing, absolutely NOTHING, that will ever cause God to stop loving us and caring for us. God will never abandon you, no matter how often you fall, no matter how deep the drop, no matter how bad you think it is.

Despair is just a another tool that Satan uses against us... he whispers in your ear: "It is over. There is no hope for you. How can you possibly look up to heaven? You are a failure. You are a sinner. You don't deserve mercy. There is no mercy for you."

DON'T LISTEN TO HIM!

Listen instead to the inspiration of the Holy Spirit:

Romans 8:31-37
    31 What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
    32 He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
    33 Who shall bring a charge against God’s elect? It is God who justifies.
    34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
    35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?
    36 As it is written:

“ For Your sake we are killed all day long;
           We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.”

37 Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.
    38 For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, 39 nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Have you not heard of the great Saints in our church who started off much, much worse than were you are at now? And though you no one ever IMAGINED they would be saved, they became pillars of the Church, and great intercessors for us before God!

Say instead: "Do not rejoice over me my enemy. When I fall, I will arise. When I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light to me" [Micah 7:8]

God be with you and strengthen you!
  • Hello Youssie,

I love Abona Anthony Messeh so I found this sermons that I am sure will help you.

http://www.orthodoxsermons.org/sermons/coping-with-loneliness

God be with you,
    Ebnyasoo3
  • [quote author=GODlovesme link=topic=10153.msg124185#msg124185 date=1291916739]
    I've been trying to eradicate several things now from my thoughts and my brain and I've started to succumb.  I am a mess.  My life is a mess.  My personality is messed up.  My relationships with people are messed up.  My study habits are suffering.  My spiritual life is almost completely dead.  I have so many issues and I'm overwhelmed.  I've given up trying to do anything.  I desperately need help and I can neither follow advice nor talk about it.  I am all alone in my apartment at school and the temptation to party and do a whole lot that I'm not supposed to do is overwhelming.  I don't want to screw up but right now it looks like I'm headed in that direction.  I can't do anything let alone do it right.  Please pray for me.  Maybe God will listen to other peoples' prayers because I don't know if He's listening to mine  :'(

this is what i meant by http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=10144.msg123956#msg123956

;D
  • I know the feeling. You have to be very careful not to allow your overwhelmed feelings to inhibit your judgement. Any temptations you face which you're scared of succumbing to, which seem to offer, at least, a temporary escape from the world, will ultimately make things worse. God works in mysterious ways, and he will more than likely act His will for you to be happy in a manner you never could have seen coming. It will pass, and maybe one day you'll be able to look back and help others who are going through something similar to this. You're in my prayers.
  • Hey,
    Keep trying, keep the struggle, and dont get up till you get an answer.
    Dont give up until he gives u peace...i promise He will give it to you.
    Ill pray for u :]
    A bishop was saying once that the goal of the devil is to get one hopeless...but dont listen to him!! Hes discouraging you! I know you said you dont rly listen to advice lol, so ill give u some verses to contemplate on.
    "Return to me says the Lord of hosts and I will return to you" (Zech 1:2)
    "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance" (2 Pet 3:9).
    "I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh. For the flesh lusts against the Spirit and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish" (Gal 5:16-17)
    "Be of good courage, and He shall strengthen your heart, all you who hope in the Lord" (Ps 31:24)
    Hey, and also read psalm 38, then read psalm 40!
    Dont be discouraged...bc God is not only with you, He is WITHIN you :) He loves u to death. :)
  • Psalm 103 (my favourite!)

i hope it helps..

your sister in Christ
  • James 4:7-8 (New King James Version) 
    Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you...
    God bless and helps us all.
    Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord bless us, AMEN
    Pray for me,

Cyril Zaytoun
  • + Tell God, you are struggling to get close to Him, that you are struggling with your school work, with people, with all the things u just stated..
    Tell Him you can't do this alone and it's too hard (if you really think it is, say with your heart). Put those things that are bothering you into God's perfect hands and tell Him to perfect them, to make your life pleasing to Him and perfect as He wants - according to His will. Tell Him you need strength, comfort, peace, wisdom, discernment.. just tell Him all the things you need. Tell Him to change your perspective on things, to see them as God wants you to see them (because as i have seen by experience that the world can make people blind-metaphorically).

Without God we are nothing. John 15:5 -not even dust, but nothing; of non-existence. It is God who has blessed us with education, food, drink, communication with people, movement and breath we get to wake up every morning. By living a life of Thanksgiving and repentance.

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good -Romans 12:21

In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, I have OVERCOME the world. John 16:33

Isaiah 41:10
    So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.
    (the Creator of this whole world is with you, so relax it's in His perfect Hands.

For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13

For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." So we may boldly say: "The LORD is my helper; I will not fear. What can man do to me?" Hebrews 13:5-6

"Create in me a clean heart O God and renew a steadfast spirit within me" -psalm 51
    God will renew your spirit, your relationships, your schoolwork, your everything.. Just put Him as your 1st Priority.