The Saint Chain Game

Comments

• Those are the included in the "heavenly" that Minagir mentioned.
  • 144,000 are not part of the heavenly.  They are the Innocents of Bethlehem that were slaughtered.  They are humans.
  • I know (I'm going to pretend you were talking to me). Why do we intercede through them?
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=10143.msg124119#msg124119 date=1291861414]
    144,000 are not part of the heavenly.  They are the Innocents of Bethlehem that were slaughtered.  They are humans.

there is a LOT of "talk" about those being the children of Bethlehem. no way that Bethlehem had that many people living in it, yet babies. But the general belief is that they are the ones in the Book of Revelation.

Revelation 7:4 NKJ
    "And I heard the number of those who were sealed. One hundred and forty-four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel were sealed:"

That is not something new....this is shown in our psalmody; their doxology is placed after the 24 presbyters and before the general one for the heavenly....and you'll find that in any psalmody. Also the doxology is:
    I saw an angel of light, coming down from heaven, and in his right hand, was a golden seal.
    + Proclaiming and saying, “Look do not harm the earth, until the servants of God, are sealed on their foreheads.”
    And I heard the number of those who were sealed, from the children of Israel, from Reuben to Benjamin, twelve thousand from each tribe.
    + Intercede on our behalf, O the one hundred and forty four thousand, and the celibate evangelist, that He may forgive us our sins.

[edit] and i forgot to say that within the Revelation itself, they are considered from heaven....a symbolic number for many other things that also depend on the tribes they come from...i don't wanna get into this because it's a HUGE topic.
  • Man, I love Aboghalamsees.

Sorry I still don't understand why Mina. Is it because they died in place of Christ? Why can't they just be Martyrs? 
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10143.msg124124#msg124124 date=1291862001]
    Man, I love Aboghalamsees.

me and you.....i love the night that i actually did a whole book for the night.

Sorry I still don't understand why Mina. Is it because they died in place of Christ? Why can't they just be Martyrs? 

well....i am not saying anything against them. i am just making a distinction.
  • What does 'ghalamsees' mean? The father of...
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10143.msg124126#msg124126 date=1291862175]
    What does 'ghalamsees' mean? The father of...

أبوغالمسيس = Apocalypse = [coptic]`A `apogalum'ic[/coptic] = Ἀποκάλυψις = revelation
  • See, that never made sense to me. I was always told that the phrase as a whole mean "Apocalypse."
  • Father of Revelation? Huh?
  • Abughalmsees is the corruption of the coptic word for Apocalypse as Mina has beat me to this post lol
  • Father of Apocalypse... Why don't they just call it "Ghalamsees"? Why Abu?
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10143.msg124131#msg124131 date=1291862489]
    Father of Apocalypse... Why don't they just call it "Ghalamsees"? Why Abu?

read the coptic o posted please.....
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10143.msg124131#msg124131 date=1291862489]
    Father of Apocalypse... Why don't they just call it "Ghalamsees"? Why Abu?

it's not the Arabic word "Abu," it's our horrible accents that make it sound that way.
  • Oh. Coptic. Yeah.

St. Luke. I had to go back 2 pages to find that.
  • St. Simon the Shoemaker
    next letter is n i assume ? ( :

+ mahraeel +
  • o i apologize, didnt notice haha...
    hmm i cant think of anything lol  :(

+ sister in Christ +
  • Just to backtrack to earlier, there is indeed a different St. Longenos from the one I mentioned (I mentioned the Abbot of a monastery, there is another St. Longenos who was the centurion present at the crucifixion of Christ (The one who said "Truly this was the Son of God)).

St. Ignatius of Antioch (also known as "Theophorous")
  • St Sarapamon!

Bonus:

Sometime we do not know what prayers to pray, but there is a desert Saint that knew the Lord's prayer only .

"I lived in the desert of scete. I knew no other prayers, but the Lord's . I recited it day and night. Identify me">
  • St. Nicholas, Bishop of Myra (yes, the famous one - Feast day is 10th Kiahk)

Ah, Hezekiel and his tough bonuses! No idea on that one  :)
  • St. Nicholas was used already.  We are back to "N"

How about St. Numitius?
  • Fair enough!

I think I will re-edit my first post, and keep a list of the saints we've got on there, so that we don't lose track  :)
  • Zoxasi what happened to your name. Why is it just showing a dot instead of your name?

Ebnyasoo3
  • [quote author=ebnyasoo3 link=topic=10143.msg124244#msg124244 date=1291958540]
    Zoxasi what happened to your name. Why is it just showing a dot instead of your name?

Ebnyasoo3

oh it's not zoxasi...joseph(somthing) i think.