OH MY!

Comments

• Alright, so I created the email to be: [email protected]

For safety purposes, I will only PM the password to those who ask me.

We'll work on the email together and save it as a draft, until everyone has read and approved it. I can also create another draft where people can add comments/announcements/ideas/suggestions/concerns/questions.

Let's do this ;)
  • Mina,

Is this the person whom you referenced in your post?

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=711.0

I can't tell if it's the same guy from the blog.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123939#msg123939 date=1291818701]
    Mina,

Is this the person whom you referenced in your post?

http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=711.0

I can't tell if it's the same guy from the blog.

i think so.....
  • We can't rule it out. The thread was posted in 2004 and the poster said he was 26. So he would be 32 now.

The age on the blog is 28, but we don't know how up to date that is.
  • [quote author=Ιωσήφ Γαβριήλ link=topic=10127.msg123941#msg123941 date=1291820353]
    We can't rule it out. The thread was posted in 2004 and the poster said he was 26. So he would be 32 now.

well.....it might not be the same person.
    but i really don't think it'll make any difference. their yahoo group been out for a while....they didn't JUST got out of the closest but they are experienced homosexuals who know how to deal with all kind of arguments you give them.

you guys are wasting your time......they more you copy and paste any of those links on our site (or anywhere else) the more attention you are giving to them. Therefore you are doing the OPPOSITE of what is intended.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=10127.msg123945#msg123945 date=1291820652]
    [quote author=Ιωσήφ Γαβριήλ link=topic=10127.msg123941#msg123941 date=1291820353]
    We can't rule it out. The thread was posted in 2004 and the poster said he was 26. So he would be 32 now.

well.....it might not be the same person.
    but i really don't think it'll make any difference. their yahoo group been out for a while....they didn't JUST got out of the closest but they are experienced homosexuals who know how to deal with all kind of arguments you give them.

you guys are wasting your time......they more you copy and paste any of those links on our site (or anywhere else) the more attention you are giving to them. Therefore you are doing the OPPOSITE of what is intended.

What links? I haven't posted anything  :)
  • He's talking to me.

Mina, go study for your finals.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123947#msg123947 date=1291821156]
    He's talking to me.

Mina, go study for your finals.

Someone once told me: sleep > study  ;D
  • Mina thinks studying for finals helps improve grades. Once we are both done for the semester, we will compare results.

Yes, I never study for finals.

May the best man win. {shake hands}
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123949#msg123949 date=1291821566]
    Mina thinks studying for finals helps improve grades. Once we are both done for the semester, we will compare results.

Regarding technicalities, the phrase "best man" ought to be substituted for "best overall person" sealing any future disputes.
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123949#msg123949 date=1291821566]
    Mina thinks studying for finals helps improve grades. Once we are both done for the semester, we will compare results.

{ shake hands back }.....but it'll be later thoo. i finish last final on the 22nd and leave to taxes on the 23rd
  • You should leave for Texas on the 22nd after your exam ;D
  • [quote author=TITL link=topic=10127.msg123953#msg123953 date=1291832001]
    You should leave for Texas on the 22nd after your exam ;D

I WISH!!!! but not really possble...exams ends around 7 pm......need like an hour to pack home....than an hour to get home....than pack there for taxes.....

despite all of this, it's a church retreat. we leave all together 5 pm (or maybe 8) the 23.
    the 23 is the last days of exams of most of the colleges/universities in the area.
  • mina what church are you from ?
    & to be honest i am not familiar with any gay coptics

+ sister in Christ +
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=10127.msg124020#msg124020 date=1291850743]
    mina what church are you from ?

Saint Mark's Jersey City, NJ--saintmark.com
  • Oh westside?
    & i know its not right to call the churches by their location but  i dont know all the names. lol

+ sister in Christ +
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=10127.msg124147#msg124147 date=1291866762]
    Oh westside?
    & i know its not right to call the churches by their location but  i dont know all the names. lol

+ sister in Christ +

how do you kno that?
  • i have friends you know :D

+ sister in Christ +
  • [quote author=mahraeel link=topic=10127.msg124154#msg124154 date=1291868180]
    i have friends you know :D

+ sister in Christ +

wow....so you probably know me...and i don't know you. ok.
  • lol i am not sure.

+ sister in Christ +

• Hey! Stop hijacking my gay thread!

PM each other :P
  • dear bros+sisters in Christ,

i dont usually post but bumped into this thread+got a little worried. i can see u guys have good intentions+that this guys story has affected u. me too.. i might be wrong but i think u shud b very careful wot u say.  even educating someone if they are not open to it at a certain time or if they've heard it already can make them more defensive.  my feeling is if u feel it is right to say something.. say something little+short.+pray next to it+that God will bless ur words, let them be His words.

perhaps tell him that as his brothers+sisters you love him and you know Christ loves him too. you can see he is going through a difficult time+that he has been struggling for many years with these troubles.  but then say to him that in many parts of the Bible God says that homosexuality is wrong.  altho it may seem natural to some. God who wants only good+loving things for us, who it is His good pleasure to give us the kingdom of heaven says that it is wrong.  anyway you will pray for him+beg that he will take no offence by your words, but that he knows u meant them for good+wish him all love, peace, joy+grace

these r just my thoughts.. may God be with u!

God bless
  • You're right Jerusalem2!

There was another topic started regarding this same issue (http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=10135.0) and we decided to send the email looking like this:

Subject line: Please Pray with Us!

The love of Christ encompasses us all, and just as he loved us, he taught us to love one another.

We're organising a prayer together at 4:40 PM Eastern Time on the December 12th, and we would love for you to join us just for a minute so we can all pray simultaneously wherever we are.

We are available for you if you need us.

God bless. 

Your Brothers and Sisters from tasbeha.org

I hope everyone can make time on December 12th!
  • For those of you who have access to the account '[email protected]', the person we emailed has replied this morning.

This account is open to all tasbeha members, however I will not post personal information in a public forum. PM me if you want the password.

The prayer is still on for December 12th (this Sunday) at 4:40 PM Eastern Time.
  • The reaction in this forum is ridiculous.

The blogger only wants to raise awareness about gay Coptic Christians around the world, and more importantly, he's REACHING OUT to gay Coptic Christians who feel persecuted by the Church. This person is trying to get gay Christians to remain Christian and remain who they are, as they identify themselves, because that does not go against Christ. There are many people who are gays and live more saintly lives than anyone of us could even begin to imagine - and yes, there were saints who were gay, but no priest or bishop wants to talk about THOSE SAINTS because it goes against what they preach. Amen, Amen, I say to you, they will get what they deserve.

It's about time gay people stop fearing Christianity, and it's about time that Christians embrace and love anyone who's gay regardless of their orientation.

Do not judge people by their orientations, just you no longer judge them by the stereotypes of skin colour. Having an orientation, which is natural to the human person, is not a sin, nor can it be changed. In this blog, the blogger is merely mentioning what it's like having the orientation, the struggles he faced dealing with the orientation in his life, the absolute failure of ex-gay therapies (which Coptic priests still blindly advocate), and his commitment to the Christian faith despite all he heard and saw from Coptic (and other Christian) people. This is something worth admiring, listening to, and engaging with in our thoughts as Christians, who are trying to improve the world and bring about social justice for all people.

• Welcome to the forum :)

Please read Father Peter's replies in this thread: http://tasbeha.org/content/community/index.php?topic=9624.0

You might find them educational.
  • Read already.

I don't need to reply to Fr. Peter, though, because I believe that the blogger we are discussing about in this forum is doing just that!

All I'm saying here is that what the blogger is doing is good and necessary. You can't imagine how many gays have turned away from the Coptic Church, and how the priests have no idea what kind of harm they are doing to those persons. It is necessary to tell these Coptic gay children, youth, and adults that Christ loves them no matter what is being said against them.

I, like the blogger, have hope in Christ, that the hearts of those who persecute Christians like us will change.

• Look Idk how this concept can confuse anyone.

The bible says it is a SIN.... and if you sin you can't go to heaven.

So it would make sense if he was reaching out to them and trying to help them stop their ways, but he just seems to be proclaiming to the world that he is Coptic and gay.

How is that spiritually beneficial?
  • Gay4XC,

How would you interpret this verse: "Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites." 1 Cor 6:9-10