A-Pekran

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
On what occasions do we sing the hymn "A-Pekran"?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• According to my ressources (tasbeha.org) ;D, A-Pekran is an annual liturgical hymn.
    http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?st=Hymns%2FAnnual%2FCongregation_Responses%2FCantor_Farag_Abdelmessih%2F31.Apekran.1221.mp3is the audio by Cantor Farag.
    I don't know why but I really am leaning to saying it is a hymn to be said when a bishop/pope is present.
    I don't really know why. I am not sure about that last part though.
    Anyways, God bless and pray for me,

Cyril
  • My memory is a bit joggy but the last time I heard it was the feast of st. Anthony so maybe its said on feasts of great saints of Egypt, also during nairouz but dont quote me.....
  • [quote author=Crazy4Christ1 link=topic=10064.msg122968#msg122968 date=1291069321]
    On what occasions do we sing the hymn "A-Pekran"?

Thanks in advance.

the hymn is not really said in an occasion....it's a saint's hymn. It doesn't have to be in annual days. The reason it is recorded in annual days collections is because during the liturgy, it is supposed to be said after the senixar. But most ppl now say it during the distribution or tamgeeds.
  • Apekran is a hymn said for saints that are monks & were not martyrs. The hymn of Pi Ehlog is said for the Martyrs. Adam Abel is said for the profets.

According to Cantor Ibrahim Ayad, you can say Apekran after the senixar or during distribution.

Hope this helps
  • Thanks!

Since you brought up the hymns Pe Ehlog and Adam Abel, do we says those after the synxarium or during the distribution of tamgeed too? Depending on the saint of course.
  • [quote author=Crazy4Christ1 link=topic=10064.msg123001#msg123001 date=1291143501]
    Thanks!

Since you brought up the hymns Pe Ehlog and Adam Abel, do we says those after the synxarium or during the distribution of tamgeed too? Depending on the saint of course.

yeah.
  • According to what I know, you say them after the synaxarium. But again you can say them during the glorification of the saint. Those hymns are quite rare actually, the only sources that recorded them are: Cantor Zaher Anderawes & Albair's team (HCOC). I personally like Cantor Zaher's recordings because they are very clear & are recorded well. Hope this helps,
  • [quote author=baladoos link=topic=10064.msg123004#msg123004 date=1291144285]
    According to what I know, you say them after the synaxarium. But again you can say them during the glorification of the saint. Those hymns are quite rare actually, the only sources that recorded them are: Cantor Zaher Anderawes & Albair's team (HCOC). I personally like Cantor Zaher's recordings because they are very clear & are recorded well. Hope this helps,

dude...why not go to the source....Abouna Ish'eya El-maharaqi, M Tawfik's disciple.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=10064.msg123011#msg123011 date=1291144808]
    [quote author=baladoos link=topic=10064.msg123004#msg123004 date=1291144285]
    According to what I know, you say them after the synaxarium. But again you can say them during the glorification of the saint. Those hymns are quite rare actually, the only sources that recorded them are: Cantor Zaher Anderawes & Albair's team (HCOC). I personally like Cantor Zaher's recordings because they are very clear & are recorded well. Hope this helps,

dude...why not go to the source....Abouna Ish'eya El-maharaqi, M Tawfik's disciple.

And how and where can I find these?
    [coptic]oujai qen `P[C[/coptic]
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=10064.msg123020#msg123020 date=1291150758]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=10064.msg123011#msg123011 date=1291144808]
    [quote author=baladoos link=topic=10064.msg123004#msg123004 date=1291144285]

And how and where can I find these?

i have a recording back home......not sure if it's online anywhere.
  • How about sharing ya Mina if you please?
  • [quote author=ophadece link=topic=10064.msg123031#msg123031 date=1291152389]
    How about sharing ya Mina if you please?

i am not home....and i won't be for like a week or 2. :)

• NO rush. ANY time whenever you can