Azdeqa min mal el zolm (sorry didn't know how to put it in English)

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Well, my mom was reading the New Testament in Luke 16:9 and she came across a verse that said, "(paraphrasing)Latasn3oo azdeqa2 min mal el zolm". She didn't understand what it meant so she asked me and i didn't understand either so now i am asking the intelligent community on Tasbeha.org lol. The part we don't understand is what "mal el zolm" is or means. Thanks guys.

Comments

• [quote author=geomike link=topic=9980.msg121998#msg121998 date=1289437485]
    Well, my mom was reading the New Testament in Luke 16:9 and she came across a verse that said, "(paraphrasing)Latasn3oo azdeqa2 min mal el zolm". She didn't understand what it meant so she asked me and i didn't understand either so now i am asking the intelligent community on Tasbeha.org lol. The part we don't understand is what "mal el zolm" is or means. Thanks guys.

mal el-zolm=the wealth of the injustice/oppression.
    the verse is: Luke 16:9
    And I say to you, make friends for yourselves by unrighteous mammon, that when you fail,  they may receive you into an everlasting home. 
  • Here is a small commentary on the verse by St. John Chrysostom:

"The temporal matters are called outward matters, since they are away from us. Let us
    change them to inward matters. If we are unable to carry its riches with us when we depart
    from here, yet we are able to carry our love. It is therefore more appropriate to send it before
    us, and so it prepares a place for us in the everlasting dwelling."

More Commentary on the verse here
  • I heard this parable interpreted by HG Bishop David and what he basically said is that our Lord is saying to learn the good things from the people of the world, even those who do bad. In the parable, the unrighteous servant thought about his future and acted somewhat wisely. Another example, look at other religions that are so fervent is evangelizing and converting others even though their doctrine is false. Yet another example, look at the unwavering patience of Satan, who once spent 40 years to tempt a certain desert father to commit 1 sin. And a final example, look at St. Paul before he met with our Lord. He was persecuting the church and having people killed, but he did it with much zeal, conviction, and faithfulness. God is telling us that instead of judging those who sin, we should try to find the good qualities they possess, learn from them, and be edified.

I hope that cleared it up :)