Circumcision and the coptic church- PLEASE HELP

hello i just joined this site, im coptic orthodox; from both sides of the family and from the whole generation (egyptian if you wondered)

so im 14 and NOT CIRCUMCISED! and ive been hearing from people that i wont be allowed to marry someone within the coptic nationalities for some reason.

so im clarifying this; i have not spoken about this to my parents but do i have to be circumcised? is this a massive mistake from my parents? help.

god bless

Comments

• What??? Circumcision is not necessary right? Let them read the Bible first before telling lies.
  • [quote author=Bishoylovesjesus link=topic=9897.msg121211#msg121211 date=1287916325]
    hello i just joined this site, im coptic orthodox; from both sides of the family and from the whole generation (egyptian if you wondered)

so im 14 and NOT CIRCUMCISED! and ive been hearing from people that i wont be allowed to marry someone within the coptic nationalities for some reason.

so im clarifying this; i have not spoken about this to my parents but do i have to be circumcised? is this a massive mistake from my parents? help.

god bless

Circumcision is not a necessity for salvation and being part of the Church but it is a cultural things.....especially with Middle Eastern, most importantly Egyptians....so it all really depends on the "bride"
  • whoever told you that was eating too many falafels. Lol.
  • guys....what's the problem?! whoever told him this was truthful in some way. many people will not get marry to someone who is not circumcised for sexual reasons.....it's as simple as that.
  • as someone who knows about surgery, i can confirm it's no more difficult to circumsize a 20-30 year old man than a 14 year old.
    actually to do it after teenage years gives a better cosmetic result.

you should do it at least 2 months before marriage, if you are going to do it at all, so unless u r getting married soon ;) it's not a big deal.

maybe there will be lots of non-egyptians in your church by the time u get married, ( i think i have have mentioned once or twice we should be spreading the good news!) or maybe in the future u will have moved to eastern europe and be subdeacon in the new (doesn't exist yet) united eastern/oriental orthodox church and have a bulgarian fiancee.

so what i mean to say is, don't panic, God has a plan for your life.
  • wait!!! SO ILL NEVER BE ABLE TO MARRY AN EGYPTIAN GIRL BCOZ OF THIS? omg this has ruined my life!
  • actually there ARE egyptian girls who not only don't care if u r circumcised (sorry i couldn't spell it earlier!) but they are not very interested.

obviously i can't tell u more, but p.m. me in a few years and maybe i can sort u out
    ;)

ok, better explain i am NOT serious here, before i get my post deleted!
  • you guys have twisted minds. stop babbling on about things which aren't true. your opinion is not God's law you know!

to the person who started this thread: please find proper answers, this is wrong,

you guys (responders) are forcing your opinions on young kids who come to this site looking for truth. I can't believe this! you have no idea how all young people take your answers to heart when they are 99% opinionated.
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=topic=9897.msg121230#msg121230 date=1287958047]
    you guys have twisted minds. stop babbling on about things which aren't true. your opinion is not God's law you know!

we didn't say anything against God's Law....i stated before anything that this never changes the relationship between you and God....the Church don't force ppl to get circumcised.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=9897.msg121231#msg121231 date=1287959990]
    [quote author=mnc_hnn link=topic=9897.msg121230#msg121230 date=1287958047]
    you guys have twisted minds. stop babbling on about things which aren't true. your opinion is not God's law you know!

we didn't say anything against God's Law....i stated before anything that this never changes the relationship between you and God....the Church don't force ppl to get circumcised.

I meant other people obviously, you know what I mean...read their comments  :-\
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=topic=9897.msg121234#msg121234 date=1287960268]

well nothing crazy yet.....just wait til Zoxasi replys.... :)
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=9897.msg121236#msg121236 date=1287960458]
    [quote author=mnc_hnn link=topic=9897.msg121234#msg121234 date=1287960268]

well nothing crazy yet.....just wait til Zoxasi replys.... :)

I don't think my brain'll take it, even though i don't know who that is.

• [quote author=minagir link=topic=9897.msg121217#msg121217 date=1287936117]
    guys....what's the problem?! whoever told him this was truthful in some way. many people will not get marry to someone who is not circumcised for sexual reasons.....it's as simple as that.

btw what sexual reasons?

circumcision is strictly for hygiene, unless you're Jewish or Muslim (or any other faith which I still don't know about) in which case it's a different story.
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=topic=9897.msg121239#msg121239 date=1287960651]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=9897.msg121217#msg121217 date=1287936117]
    guys....what's the problem?! whoever told him this was truthful in some way. many people will not get marry to someone who is not circumcised for sexual reasons.....it's as simple as that.

btw what sexual reasons?

circumcision is strictly for hygiene, unless you're Jewish or Muslim (or any other faith which I still don't know about) in which case it's a different story.

pm me
  • can i just get a straight answer? from a priest or anything? can someone pm me also about the "sexuall reasons"

• [quote author=minagir link=topic=9897.msg121242#msg121242 date=1287962143]
    [quote author=mnc_hnn link=topic=9897.msg121239#msg121239 date=1287960651]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=9897.msg121217#msg121217 date=1287936117]

btw what sexual reasons?

pm me

what?
  • [quote author=minagir link=action=profile;u=5732 date=1287969840]
    [quote author=mnc_hnn link=action=profile;u=16328 date=1287969648]
    [quote author=minagir link=action=profile;u=5732 date=1287969454]
    [quote author=mnc_hnn link=action=profile;u=16328 date=1287969153]
    well to sum up, I (apologies) bombarded you with factual, biological information and was presented with sentences begining with 'some people' 'they say' 'it depends on the person'.

could that convince me?

well there is NOTHING to be a 100% sure of........i am sure you have read the wikipedia page (that i don't really support) and saw how hard is it for this to be an absolute.
    what needs to be absolute is set; circumcision is not a necessity of salvation...and that is in all the Churches because this debate is in the Bible and it is finilzed to the point that NO ONE can go against it.

or for it. so get the people on the thread to stop 'harrassing' that kid about his issue. voice this sentence on the thread. which is so much clearer than what you posted earlier. right?

copy it and post it on the thread.....even though i did make it clear from what i said.

conversation with minagir