3 kyrie elesion in coptic

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
does anyone know the 3  kyrie elesion in coptic, from the raising of the lamb? lord have mercy, have mercy o lord, hear us and have mercy?

Comments

• [quote author=Crazy4Christ1 link=topic=9895.msg121191#msg121191 date=1287841623]
    does anyone know the 3  kyrie elesion in coptic, from the raising of the lamb? lord have mercy, have mercy o lord, hear us and have mercy?

what's your question exactly?
  • i just want a translation of the following into coptic

lord have mercy - well i know this one
    Have mercy o lord
    Hear us and have mercy

its what we sing during the raising of the lamb
  • well, first if you are talking about the time of raising of the Lamb, then they are 41 Kerie leisons...and they are in coptic. i Arabic, people don't say the exact translation:
    Ya Rabo Erham,
    Erhamna ya Allah,
    Esma'na warr-hamna.

translated to be:
    Lord have mercy (on us),
    Have mercy (on us) O Lord,
    Hear us and have mercy (on us)

but some church took all the "on us" i have above to make it sound good to sing.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=9895.msg121197#msg121197 date=1287856548]
    well, first if you are talking about the time of raising of the Lamb, then they are 41 Kerie leisons...and they are in coptic. i Arabic, people don't say the exact translation:
    Ya Rabo Erham,
    Erhamna ya Allah,
    Esma'na warr-hamna.

translated to be:
    Lord have mercy (on us),
    Have mercy (on us) O Lord,
    Hear us and have mercy (on us)

but some church took all the "on us" i have above to make it sound good to sing.

yeah i know all that, what i wanted was Lord have mercy, Have mercy O Lord, Hear us and have mercy in coptic
  • [quote author=Crazy4Christ1 link=topic=9895.msg121198#msg121198 date=1287856716]
    yeah i know all that, what i wanted was Lord have mercy, Have mercy O Lord, Hear us and have mercy in coptic

okay......why?!

Ya Rabo Erham = [coptic]`P[oic nai nan[/coptic]
    Erhamna ya Allah = (basically very similar to the above one)
    Esma'na warr-hamna = [coptic]cwtem `eron ouoh nai nan[/coptic]
  • Mina,

Wouldn't "erhmna ya Allah" be the Coptic you posted, while "Ya Rabo Irham" is simply "Kirie Leyson"?

- Michael
  • kyrie eleson is actually greek. je nai nan is coptic for the same thing.
    lots of 'coptic' stuff in church is actually greek!
    useful if u want to visit a greek orthodox church, u will understand nearly 10%!

i think irhamna ya Allah should be Efiot nai nan, or something similar with 'Efiot', which is 'God' in coptic.

obvioiusly the real coptic scholars are out shopping or at vespers praise.
    hope they come back soon!
    :)
  • [coptic]`P[oic nai nan[/coptic] is Lord have mercy in coptic, not Je nai nan. And [coptic]`Vnou][/coptic] is God. [coptic]`Viwt[/coptic] is father
  • actually yeah....i forgot about Efnouti.... so it's just [coptic]`Vnou] nai nan[/coptic]
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=9895.msg121204#msg121204 date=1287867920]
    kyrie eleson is actually greek. je nai nan is coptic for the same thing.
    lots of 'coptic' stuff in church is actually greek!
    useful if u want to visit a greek orthodox church, u will understand nearly 10%!

i think irhamna ya Allah should be Efiot nai nan, or something similar with 'Efiot', which is 'God' in coptic.

obvioiusly the real coptic scholars are out shopping or at vespers praise.
    hope they come back soon!
    :)

Mabsoota,

You are the coolest Non-Egyptian/Egyptian I've ever "met".

• that's v sweet of u.
    esp as i got it wrong!
    u r also v cool
    8)