Interesting documentary

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi

I just watched an interesting documentary called visions and miracles. It was professionally produced and of a very good quality. The content was all about the Coptic Orthodox Church.

Has anyone else seen it?

Father Peter

Comments

• Haven't seen it.  Who made it?
  • Where can I watch it??
  • There is a trailer here...

• WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.  :o I want to see this documentary!!!
  • It's for sale on Amazon.
  • DUDE SWEET!!

Is this the right link?
    http://www.amazon.com/Visions-Miracles-Artist-Not-Provided/dp/B0037E8HOM/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287462270&sr=8-1-fkmr0
    Wait but the product description says:
    "A documentary which attempts to dispel some of the myths that the Blessed Virgin Mary has been spotted in various places throughout contemporary Egypt"
    Huh? Am I understanding this wrong? "dispel some of the myths"

Oh and facebook page has more clips:
    http://www.facebook.com/VisionsAndMiracles
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=9874.msg120976#msg120976 date=1287440822]
    It's for sale on Amazon.

<Comment Removed for inappropriate content> Tasbeha.org

• [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=9874.msg120963#msg120963 date=1287426674]
    Hi

I just watched an interesting documentary called visions and miracles. It was professionally produced and of a very good quality. The content was all about the Coptic Orthodox Church.

Has anyone else seen it?

Father Peter

Thanks Fr. Peter! You're a star!

How exactly did you hear about this??
  • The blurb on Amazon is not really appropriate to the documentary at all. Which is respectful and contains lengthy contributions from many Coptic Orthodox bishops and priests.

Father Peter
  • I just watched the trailer and it looks very interesting <Comment Removed for inappropriate content> Tasbeha.org
  • [quote author=Pi Onkh link=topic=9874.msg120996#msg120996 date=1287488898]
    I just watched the trailer and it looks very interesting and i am currently downloading it!!!

<Comment Removed for inappropriate content> Tasbeha.org
  • <Comment Removed for inappropriate content> Tasbeha.org
  • Apparently 100% of the proceeds go to the coptic church.

See: http://www.visionsandmiracles.com/about.html
  • Thanks Pi-Onkh,

But why did the admin remove everyone's comment? What exactly was inappropriate?

I'd like to point out also that the only comment not removed were mine. ;)

• Because it was sharing links to illegally download a pirated copy of the movie - which is not only bad for us, but it also harms the people who filmed and produced the documentary
  • I just bought the movie off of Amazon for .99 cents  ;D

Thanks Father Peter! I'm going to show this to our priest, he likes holding movie nights with his congregation :)
  • hi, can u send us the (hopefully legal!) link to the 99 cents version?
    i went to lots of sites offering to download the movie but they didn't work.
    i reckon my computer is holy and didn't want to break the law  ;)

seriously, though, i thought once something has been on tv u can watch it on line, like with the documentaries previously posted.
    i guess i don't know much!
  • Its only 11 dollars from the studio via Amazon.
  • Hello,

My name is Shereen and I help run the Facebook page for Visions and Miracles: Out of the Land of Egypt. The documentary's directed by New York Times bestselling author Paul Perry (Jesus: The Lost Years), and features never-before-seen footage of religious visions and miraculous events that have taken place in modern day Egypt.

It is true that 100% of proceeds from the DVD will be donated to the Coptic Orthodox Church!! That is why we are extra discouraged that the film has been posted for illegal downloading. For more info and to purchase via Amazon, please visit our official website: http://www.visionsandmiracles.com

Please "Like" our Facebook page to watch clips and receive updates!:
    http://www.facebook.com/VisionsAndMiracles

If you have any questions, or interest in community screenings, bulk orders, etc, please let me know! And thank you all for your kind comments.
    Best,
    Shereen  :)
  • Dear Shereen

I am glad that you have been able to visit the forum and share some information about this documentary.

It has been very professionally and respectfully produced and I can wholeheartedly commend it. It does not sensationalise, it does not make unsupported claims. It has the contributions of many Coptic Orthodox bishops.

Father Peter
  • Thank you, Father Peter. The content was thoroughly researched by both Paul and the producer, and they were greatly supported by the Coptic Orthodox bishops you mentioned (plus the other interviewees). In fact, they will meet again in Egypt this December to film a second documentary on the same subject. They're very excited!

Best,
    Shereen
  • [quote author=servant33 link=topic=9874.msg121072#msg121072 date=1287602111]
    A guy on amazon is still selling for 99 cents:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0037E8HOM/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1277586817&sr=1-1&condition=used

But I dunno if it is legit

The link that servant33 posted is where I got my copy from.
    It gets shipped to my house tomorrow, I'll let you know if it's legit :)
  • I didn't know the proceeds go to the COC.
    I would have most definitely bought the $11 one knowing that funds were going to help our church instead of a rich producer! 
  • Here is a 4:09m long clip of the documentary: Visions and Miracles: Out of the Land of Egypt

PS: The link has been edited.
  • [quote author=Ηεζεκιελ link=topic=9874.msg121220#msg121220 date=1287947715]
    Here is a 4:09m long clip of the documentary: Visions and Miracles: Out of the Land of Egypt

Might wanna check that link again? lol
  • I just received my copy in the mail yesterday! I haven't had the chance to watch it yet, but I'm very excited :)
  • [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=9874.msg121221#msg121221 date=1287948038]
    [quote author=Ηεζεκιελ link=topic=9874.msg121220#msg121220 date=1287947715]
    Here is a 4:09m long clip of the documentary: Visions and Miracles: Out of the Land of Egypt

Might wanna check that link again? lol

Lol, I am sorry. I have edited it. I am in love with inspector Grim.