Let Your Crosses Show Day

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi Everyone,

What would you all say to us organizing a "Let your Crosses Show" Day? as a sign of solidarity for what the Church is enduring in Egypt?

I think it was a great idea to change the facebook photo in your profile to that of His Holiness Patriarch Shenouda, but if we have a "show your cross day" - I'm 100% sure that Catholics, Anglicans, Evangelicals, Protestants from all around the world would share this day with us. It would be a sign of Christian Unity, and suffering together for the sake of our faith.

The other churches need to know what we are going through in an Islamic dominated Country and how we have been suffering.

I think it would be a great way to evangelise WHO/WHAT is the Coptic Orthodox Church also, and let people know about the biggest Christian Church in the Middle East.

* How we were established
* How the Islamization of Egypt happened
* The persecutions we endured in the past
* The persecutions that we are going through today.

Although we have been suffering in silence for a lot of our history, I think it would be good to get other Christian denominations from the west to share this day with us - one day, our problems will be their problems also.

What do you think of this idea? I would suggest we do this on 14 November, 2010 -

Comments

• Sorry, I just realised that it wouldn't work

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/6165368.stm

only muslims wearing veils can express their faith at work... Christians in Europe would be persecuted also if your crosses show.
  • I like the idea.
  • [quote author=Sinner_91 link=topic=9869.msg120946#msg120946 date=1287406860]
    I like the idea.

Thanks,

Let's see what others have to say.

I know many Catholics who would love to support this, but I don't want to go ahead with it unless I get the feeling that the majority on here would agree - including Fr. Peter

Let's see.
  • I just got a message saying that people wear their crosses anyway. However what I had in mind was that they wear their crosses outside their shirts, or even get pin'd cross to put on your shirt.

Of course I completely understand if you work for British Airways.