Prophecy?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Could this verse be a prophecy that Christianity will one day conquer in Egypt?

‎"When you go to war in your land against the enemy who oppresses you, then you shall sound an alarm with the trumpets, and you will be remembered before the LORD your God, and you will be saved from your enemies." Numbers 10:9

Comments

• [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=9855.msg120719#msg120719 date=1287002598]

‎"When you go to war in your land against the enemy who oppresses you, then you shall sound an alarm with the trumpets, and you will be remembered before the LORD your God, and you will be saved from your enemies." Numbers 10:9

get the rest of story and we'll see.....you can't just get one verse out of the Bible and expect to have a full understanding of it.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=9855.msg120720#msg120720 date=1287003371]
    [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=9855.msg120719#msg120719 date=1287002598]

get the rest of story and we'll see.....you can't just get one verse out of the Bible and expect to have a full understanding of it.

One verse can have as much meaning as one story cant it?
  • [quote author=athanasius piapostolikos link=topic=9855.msg120724#msg120724 date=1287006059]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=9855.msg120720#msg120720 date=1287003371]
    [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=9855.msg120719#msg120719 date=1287002598]

One verse can have as much meaning as one story cant it?

noo....not with the Bible. it can tell you the wrong story simply because ppl have a great imagination (and corrupt on these days).
  • It's always better to have the full context of a verse before examining it. A verse taken out of context can take on a whole new meaning.
  • I agree with George_Mina_Awad, people can easily misunderstand the true meaning of what was said in the bible by taking one verse out.

From my understanding, this is what some other christian denominations do. By taking certain verses from many different books they come to false conclusions and basically make up their own version of a story or even something that was never meant. Unfortunately, these conclusions they come to by skewing the genuine story in the bible are what their faith is based on.

Please correct me if i'm wrong and pray for me!  :)

GM
  • This passage is addressed by God to Moses, and so is speaking in the first instance of the children of Israel.

Of course by extension it might be applied spiritually to the Church, and to the spiritual victory over our enemies which the Lord will give us. But I don't think it can be applied to any particular situation such as Egypt.

Father Peter
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=9855.msg120751#msg120751 date=1287069858]
    Of course by extension it might be applied spiritually to the Church, and to the spiritual victory over our enemies which the Lord will give us.
    Father Peter

that was sort of what i meant but thanks for teaching me this. this could have led to many mistakes in the future