URGENT!!!HELP!!

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Hi,

I need your help.

This video has just surfaced on YouTube. It iS FULL of lies about our Pontiff: H.H Pope Shenouda III.

Please report this video as violating legal rights. It is complete slander.

Its a video by Mahmoud Al-Kaoud. I don't know him, but I think if its possible, the Church files a lawsuit for slander against him.

Thanks

Comments

• .....i'm calling a lawyer now!
  • Thanks.

I've come to conclusion that we all need to educate the world about the injustices of Islam.

Let's tell everyone, via YouTube Comments, at what they've done the Holy Orthodox Church of God.

From when Islam attacked us by the sword and imposed on us the Jizya. How we are discriminate against, and how we have been made their subordinates.

They need to wake up to the realities of their religion, but rather than face the truth about their religion, they prefer to attack us with lies!!

What is this!!
  • Who cares. We know how some Muslims think. What's the point in banning it. Just leave freedom of speech. Don't forbid everything. This seperates us from the Muslims who are so aggressive. We know the video is false... just leave it.
  • [quote author=Aegyptian link=topic=9841.msg120490#msg120490 date=1286731911]
    Who cares. We know how some Muslims think. What's the point in banning it. Just leave freedom of speech. Don't forbid everything. This seperates us from the Muslims who are so aggressive. We know the video is false... just leave it.

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!?

If you see someone lie, and you know the truth and say nothing about it, this is wrong.
    What kind of attitude is that???
    IF you don't care why even post here???

Why not ignore it!!!??
    IF you don't care?? Our pontiff is being attacked. Lies are being said about our patriarch, and the best thing you can do is to take up bandwidth, kbytes of database space with a useless comment "WHO CARES!"?

OK!! I CARE!

• I care a lot, but I don't want to file a law suit or get a lawyer. That was my point. Of course I hate lies & slander, but a law suit won't change the situation at all. They'll keep thinking what they think and that's it.

Get a lawyer?
    - pro:
    he gets punished (maybe?)

-contra:
    video gets more attention
    more people will think our pontiff is bad & believe the slander.
    muslims will feel like martyrs
    they will still believe what they believe
  • [quote author=Aegyptian link=topic=9841.msg120493#msg120493 date=1286732589]
    I care a lot, but I don't want to file a law suit or get a lawyer. That was my point. Of course I hate lies & slander, but a law suit won't change the situation at all. They'll keep thinking what they think and that's it.

Get a lawyer?
    - pro:
    he gets punished (maybe?)

-contra:
    video gets more attention
    more people will think our pontiff is bad & believe the slander.
    muslims will feel like martyrs
    they will still believe what they believe

Then go and click the button that says "REPORT ABUSE!"

That way, not only does the video get banned, but the user gets banned also. Furthermore, I'm not sure if you are aware, but not everyone knows who our Pontiff is, many western people DO NOT even know there is a Christian Egyptian population. Do you think this is a good thing for them to see??

Of course, if any of it were true, OK... fine.. But its completely lies and slander.

Please, if u have nothing better to add, could you leave this thread alone.???
  • I flagged the video...i couldnt find 'report abuse' ...are they the same thing?
    & thats rediculous...but i guess people have the freedom of speech to say whatever they want...
    its sad though. God have mercy on them
  • You'll see a flag on the righthand side, below the video. It should say "FLAG AS APPROPRIATE"
    Please tick this
  • I watched the video:  just a big pile of lies.

The narrator's voice seems to be electronic.  It seems relative to the pronunciations that it is a text to voice program.  It may not be even a Muslim.  It is purely set up to stir trouble.
  • Looks like whoever made the video is on a campaign. Even started a face book page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=105944159463830&ref=ts

Just sad  :'(
    In Christ
    Theophilus
  • [quote author=Theophilus 1 link=topic=9841.msg120514#msg120514 date=1286762862]
    Looks like whoever made the video is on a campaign. Even started a face book page:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=105944159463830&ref=ts

Just sad  :'(
    In Christ
    Theophilus

This is not on. Please use the "REPORT ABUSE" button on both YouTube & Facebook.

Can we work together on this? If you see something wrong that you can easily correct and yet you do nothing about it, it is not right.

Thanks!
  • To flag this video as inappropriate, simply click on the flag that says "FLAG AS INAPPROPRIATE".

• lies lies liesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

What is this electronic recording even saying? It's nonsense. It sounds like a cheap attempt of the Muslims to make themselves out to be the victims, saying that the Copts are the ones with more rights and are persecuting them. Baloney. Garbage.

Even though this is blatant fiction, it still breaks my heart to hear such sick allegations against a man because of whose life and prayers God continues to have mercy on our sick and fallen world. And the same with the shameless pictures they photoshop him in. It brings tears to my eyes.

Videos like this arent worth spreading. If we don't spread it, chances are not many people will watch it.

God have mercy on us and Show the Holiness of our beloved father, His Holiness Pope Shenouda III.
  • [quote author=user00 link=topic=9841.msg120680#msg120680 date=1286953177]
    lies lies liesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

What is this electronic recording even saying? It's nonsense. It sounds like a cheap attempt of the Muslims to make themselves out to be the victims, saying that the Copts are the ones with more rights and are persecuting them. Baloney. Garbage.

Even though this is blatant fiction, it still breaks my heart to hear such sick allegations against a man because of whose life and prayers God continues to have mercy on our sick and fallen world. And the same with the shameless pictures they photoshop him in. It brings tears to my eyes.

Videos like this arent worth spreading. If we don't spread it, chances are not many people will watch it.

God have mercy on us and Show the Holiness of our beloved father, His Holiness Pope Shenouda III.

I thought about that, but then when I did a search on this user "Mahmoud Al-Kaoud" on google, it appears he has an agenda to defamate the Church and His Holiness Pope Shenouda.

What bothers me is that NO ONE is clicking the "FLAG AS INAPPROPRIATE" button.

it is inappropriate. It is complete slander, and lies.

What's wrong with everyone??
  • Zoxsasi,

Sadly, I am not fully along with the hypothesis that this is a Muslim.  The level of evil that is within this concerted effort has the flavor of an internal betrayal--a 'Judas'.  The details that are mentioned identify someone who has a vendetta to carry out.  The use of the electronic voice tips me into this thought process.  It also identifies someone that is trying to stir the calderon and fire between Christian and Muslim in order to arise as a "legitimate" heir.  I would not be surprised if Max Michel is the centerpiece and mastermind or any of his drones.

The Muslims do not need to hide.  If they want to attack, they go straight for the jugular.  They do not care.

This effort, I feel (purely gutt instinct--no hard proof), these factors:  lawsuits, videos, and new sect, are all based by fallen christians and receiving support from Islamic groups (including the Judicial system in Egypt).

The most painful attacks come from within.  They come from the friend and family not the foe.  The choice of issues and technique are not within the m.o. of the Islamic system as a primary culprit.  The primary culprits are "Judases".
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9841.msg120689#msg120689 date=1286968855]
    Zoxsasi,

Sadly, I am not fully along with the hypothesis that this is a Muslim.  The level of evil that is within this concerted effort has the flavor of an internal betrayal--a 'Judas'.  The details that are mentioned identify someone who has a vendetta to carry out.  The use of the electronic voice tips me into this thought process.  It also identifies someone that is trying to stir the calderon and fire between Christian and Muslim in order to arise as a "legitimate" heir.  I would not be surprised if Max Michel is the centerpiece and mastermind or any of his drones.

The Muslims do not need to hide.  If they want to attack, they go straight for the jugular.  They do not care.

This effort, I feel (purely gutt instinct--no hard proof), these factors:  lawsuits, videos, and new sect, are all based by fallen christians and receiving support from Islamic groups (including the Judicial system in Egypt).

The most painful attacks come from within.  They come from the friend and family not the foe.  The choice of issues and technique are not within the m.o. of the Islamic system as a primary culprit.  The primary culprits are "Judases".

Is that the feeling of other people also??
  • I agree wholeheartedly with llovesaintmark.
  • [quote author=coptic youth link=topic=9841.msg120697#msg120697 date=1286977224]
    I agree wholeheartedly with llovesaintmark.

Im really surprised by all this. But one thing in his literature that did make me feel that he is a muslim is that he actually explains why he is slandering the Pope:

He says that because christians have the same rights as muslims in Egypt (if not "more rights") they should not complain, and when they do "complain" (Complain to the Western Democracies) about prejudices against them, it makes muslims look bad.

He is being vengeful. And I've seen this amongst countless numbers of muslims: they hate it when we embarrass the government over treatment of Coptic Christians.

Also, he has posted videos showing that Wafa Constantine was pressurised to be a Christian - now, Max Michel, or any of his supporters would not do that... would they?
  • Just like ilovestmark said its the kiss of the close one that hurts more than the hurt off the enemy. God preserve His Holiness for us.
  • [quote author=coptic youth link=topic=9841.msg120700#msg120700 date=1286979648]
    Just like ilovestmark said its the kiss of the close one that hurts more than the hurt off the enemy. God preserve His Holiness for us.

I am truly amazed that you all seem to think that Mr Mahmoud Al-Kaoud is from the same clergy as Max Michel.

• IMHO, the statement does read like that of a disgruntled and bitter Copt rather than a Muslim.

He is going on about bishops bowing down to him and people not being allowed to get divorced.

Father Peter
  • Seem like that's the case like Father pointed it out.
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=9841.msg120702#msg120702 date=1286980777]
    IMHO, the statement does read like that of a disgruntled and bitter Copt rather than a Muslim.

He is going on about bishops bowing down to him and people not being allowed to get divorced.

Father Peter

Hmm.. interesting observations Fr. Peter.

Whoever it is writing these lies about our Holy Church and our honourable Patriarch, I would like everyone to (IF YOU PLEASE) to kindly press the FLAG AS INAPPROPRIATE button on either youtube or the facebook equivalent.

Thanks
  • what is his email, i have some things to say to him. I have made a program that will send thousands of emails in a matter of minutes so i will use that to make sure he gets the message that this is disrespectful and to let him know that we are praying that God will unblind his soul.
  • geomike,

Please don't stoop down to that level. This man chose to do something wrong, but we must turn the other cheek, and not return evil for evil. Let us be exemplary of Christianity, and show him Christ's love instead. I don't agree with a word he said, and it greatly upsets me, but the solution is not to repay him for his deeds. This is how conflicts grow. Someone responds which just adds fuel to the fire.

The best thing to do is to pray. I don't understand why everyone especially me, want to act instead of praying. I remember many times, including right now where I'd rather act than pray. Prayer is the best course of action, right now. Through prayer all can be solved. This is why Pope Kyrillos and Tamav Irini were the saints they were. They were not afraid to act, after having prayed and doing what God had told them through this prayer. This is why Pope Kyrillos is called the man of prayer. Whenever there was a problem in the church, he'd go out to the monastery and spend the time praying, and the people would say where is the Pope in times of trouble, and now looking back on it we can see that his path was the better path. Let us all not do anything rash, and regret it later, but do all through the love of Christ. I don't speak to just all of you, but to me also, as it is often hard for me to follow these very things.

Pray for me,
    Anba Bola
  • anba bola, you are right, sorry i just over reacted when i saw this extremely disrespectful video.
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=9841.msg120728#msg120728 date=1287016444]
    what is his email, i have some things to say to him. I have made a program that will send thousands of emails in a matter of minutes so i will use that to make sure he gets the message that this is disrespectful and to let him know that we are praying that God will unblind his soul.

Easy tiger,

First of all, such programs exist already - and they're free...
    Secondly, who would u send the emails to?
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=9841.msg120702#msg120702 date=1286980777]
    IMHO, the statement does read like that of a disgruntled and bitter Copt rather than a Muslim.

Father Peter

The corresponding Facebook group seems to be run by Muslims. Maybe they're converts?
  • [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=9841.msg120738#msg120738 date=1287040888]
    [quote author=geomike link=topic=9841.msg120728#msg120728 date=1287016444]
    what is his email, i have some things to say to him. I have made a program that will send thousands of emails in a matter of minutes so i will use that to make sure he gets the message that this is disrespectful and to let him know that we are praying that God will unblind his soul.

Easy tiger,

First of all, such programs exist already - and they're free...
    Secondly, who would u send the emails to?

Well i didn't need to find one because i made one myself, and i was asking if anyone knew what his email was, but i don't need it anymore i just over reacted to the disrespectful video. Sorry you guys had to see my "cyber bad side". LOL.
  • Geomike,

There's a strong wave or force of aggressive secularism that is destroying our western democracies and identity.

Sure, I'm for secularism, but not the type we have in many parts of Europe where they are ashamed of their own national judeo-Christian identities.

If you could find a way to make people respect their judeo-Christian foundations and heritage, it would be more powerful than any email you could send.

If we were strong, we'd have nothing to fear. But with aggressive secularism, the Church is weak, and will one day be displaced, by Islam.