Son of Hamas - Must See

edited October 2010 in Faith Issues
Im not sure if you have come across this story yet or not, but it is about a young man called Mosab Hassan Youssef: The son of one of the founders of Hamas in the West Bank: Shiekh Hassan Youssef.

He was a muslim and became Christian.

His mandate is to expose the "Terrorist god" of the Koran.

Personally, I find what he says, even when he's not attacking the muslim god 'allah', spiritually very beneficial indeed.

He's amazing.

I think you should propagate these videos and his message.

He is not the 1st muslim to embrace Christianity - but I love what he says.

I would like to quote one part he is saying which I find really brilliant.

"... the World's problem is not with muslims... the majority of muslims are great and wonderful people, they are my people... when you go to the Middle East, you see their passion, you see their hospitality and you get confused, you say sometimes 'these muslims are better than many Christians'.

... we are not in a position to compare people. We are comparing ideologies, and I'm telling you that the most criminal muslim has a minimum of morality, responsibility, and logics MORE than his god. 
"
Then he goes on to say, in other videos, (Im paraphrasing here) that the most dangerous muslims, are NOT the radical muslims who go around reciting verses from the Koran to kill the Kuffar and infidels; the most dangerous are the moderate muslims who hide or cover the reality or "ugly face" of their god. They are the dangerous ones because they are hiding the truth about their god, and showing another face of Islam that isn't true.

Can I please ask you all to distribute, through facebook links, through friends, through anywhere, his videos?? They are a powerful testimony to how our God can change someone, how He can lead to loving your enemies which IS the solution to not just the problems in the Middle East, but even to your own problems in life.

Now, compare Mosab's video with this Muslim girl who is part of the MSA:

This is the MOST shocking video I've ever seen on YouTube. LOOK at the hatred! HOW DARE SHE!! HOW DARE SHE!!
Muslims are invited to hate from their Quran. They cannot love their enemies, and their Koran has made the entire NON-Muslim world their enemy.

Please, for the sake of peace, distribute these links wherever you can. Thanks

Comments

• [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=9821.msg120219#msg120219 date=1286346185]
    This is the MOST shocking video I've ever seen on YouTube. LOOK at the hatred! HOW DARE SHE!! HOW DARE SHE!!

God died for her.
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=9821.msg120220#msg120220 date=1286351442]
    [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=9821.msg120219#msg120219 date=1286346185]

God died for her.

Sodr,

Even though I am sometimes repulsed and disappointed by the way Israel has behaved in the past, especially the disproportionate attacks against civilians in Gazza, I could not say, nor utter the words "For it" in response to the question: "Are you for or against all Jews to be in one place so that we don't have to find and kill them globally".

If I felt the answer in my heart was "for it", I'd have been ashamed of myself. If I hate someone, I'm ashamed of that feeling.

How is it she has the audacity, the boldness, the un-provoked hatred to tell a jewish man, to his face, "for it".

Hatred only begats hatred. This is my point. And yes, Christ died for her too.  I pray also for her. I hope she will be another Mosab Hassan Youssef one day.

That is why I am suggesting to distribute his message. The solution to the problem in the Middle East is NOT in the Koran. It will only bring people misery. The answer is to love your enemies.
  • I saw him on FOX news when it aired originally as a special.  I was amazed at the blatant aspect of his words.  Americans do not listen.  Westerners do not listen.  They just don't get it.  It does not make a difference how many people you circulate it to, Westerners do not want to think or discuss religion.  They are afraid to be embarassed by their own apathy and lack of faith.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9821.msg120232#msg120232 date=1286363224]
    I saw him on FOX news when it aired originally as a special.  I was amazed at the blatant aspect of his words.  Americans do not listen.  Westerners do not listen.  They just don't get it.  It does not make a difference how many people you circulate it to, Westerners do not want to think or discuss religion.  They are afraid to be embarassed by their own apathy and lack of faith.

iloveSaintMark,

Although I see and agree with your perspective, what you fail to see is one major difference with Mosab Hassan:

He is clearly the solution to America's problem. He said that you cannot defeat an ideology with guns and force. Islam IS an ideology.

Regardless if he is a Christian or not, his life is an example of how, when one rejects this ideology called Islam, that they can in fact live in peace with Israelis, and with the rest of the western world.

Obviously, as Christians, we can see the power of God's Word in our lives, and we see that the Bible offers us the ability to live and enjoy life in abundance. But that aside, this guy has shown that Islam IS the problem, and who need to hear it are the politicians, not the people.

This week, Geet Wilders, the Dutch MP is calling to ban the Koran from the netherlands because it incites violence and hatred. He is now on trial in Court over allegations of inciting violence and discrimination against Muslims.

Now, how brilliant would it be for Mosab to actually defend Wilders in court? To actually prove that Islam is not in fact a religion of peace. That muslims, although they maybe nice and charming people, and they are, their religion does not have the concept of forgiveness, but rather promotes the muslim to fulfill every single act of violence against the enemies of Islam.
  • Zoxsasi,

It does not make a difference how many times you air the documentary.  It does not make a difference who is making the message.  The devil has the grip on the Western mentality from the hatred from Islam on one side, their own secularism and apathy on another, and from the third aspect in the regard of heresy.

You will also realize that this guy's conception of Christ is based in the same aspects of personality as in other threads.  While he is seeking Christ, he is following a heretical path, which is just as dangerous as Islam's heavy conquest pattern.

Satan is attacking from all sides.

Americans do not care.  They only want a gluttonous existence.  They want excess.  They do not care about God.
    There is barely any Christianity in the United States.  It is superficial.

The rise of militant Islam is because there is not true Christianity to uphold God's Love.  The Dutch MP that you cited wants to remove the koran--fine, but what alternative did he give.  Does the Dutch system espouse anything other than secularism, humanism, and outright immorality.  Guess what there is no Christianity in Holland.  The churches are being used as museum displays.  I was in one that they had set up different cuisines for trial on a given Saturday.  They were cooking inside the large churches of Amsterdam.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9821.msg120234#msg120234 date=1286364376]
    Zoxsasi,

It does not make a difference how many times you air the documentary.  It does not make a difference who is making the message.  The devil has the grip on the Western mentality from the hatred from Islam on one side, their own secularism and apathy on another, and from the third aspect in the regard of heresy.

I think it does make a difference.

You will also realize that this guy's conception of Christ is based in the same aspects of personality as in other threads.  While he is seeking Christ, he is following a heretical path, which is just as dangerous as Islam's heavy conquest pattern.

The baptist Church he belongs to may not share our exact faith, nor dogmas, but they share our God. The god of islam is not our God, however, the God of the Baptists, the Protestants, the Catholics and other Orthodox Churches IS our God. They are just not experiencing the fullness of the Christian life, nor apostolic life, but the word of God in their Churches is the same as in ours.

Secondly, it cannot be from Satan someone leaving Islam to become a Christian, even a baptist at that.

It is not from Satan.

It is not from satan that he has forgiven his enemies. This is not from the devil.

Satan is attacking from all sides.

Americans do not care.  They only want a gluttonous existence.  They want excess.  They do not care about God.
    There is barely any Christianity in the United States.  It is superficial.

I would like to quote Mosab to answer you: "We are not interested nor qualified to judge peoples. We are judging ideologies".

The rise of militant Islam is because there is not true Christianity to uphold God's Love.  The Dutch MP that you cited wants to remove the koran--fine, but what alternative did he give. 

Any alternative is better than Islam - even secularism.

Does the Dutch system espouse anything other than secularism, humanism, and outright immorality.  Guess what there is no Christianity in Holland. 

Of course there is Christianity in Holland!

You appear to be interested in policing Christian spirituality. All European countries are secular. However, even those that identify themselves as "Christian" are not practicing. A revival is needed in Europe for them to understand their own faith.

The churches are being used as museum displays.  I was in one that they had set up different cuisines for trial on a given Saturday.  They were cooking inside the large churches of Amsterdam.

I didnt really get that point? Can u explain?
  • Sasi,

When I travel to Europe, I like to see and visit churches.  Every church I went into in Amsterdam, at least in the four times I have been there, was being used for anything but church.  I would put at least one dozen different ones. 

I beg to differ, secularism and humanism, detract from the Presence of God.  They have the same effect as being invaded by Islam.  Anything that detracts from God is wrong.

Any heresy or heretical existence detracts from the Presence of God, and is just as evil.  The peoples of the West may seek God, but they may follow an improper route, which will lead to possibly the same end result. 

I will echo things said previously:  We as Orthodox Christians are not doing enough to enlighten the Western Peoples around us.  Our youth are entering into the triad that I mentioned previously and it detracts from our ability to be faithful witnesses.

Our youth are absorbed by:  secularism, humanism, Protestantism, hedonism.

Call me a judge or not, this is the reality.

I will repeat one of my favorite verses:  "Let your light so shine before all men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father Who is in Heaven."

I do not see enough light.  Maybe someone has not paid the electricity bill.

I think our witness is minimal and in some regards shameful.  I think it is shameful that there is an Orthodox Educuation Day, and there is not one Coptic signed up to attend.  Islam is not the culprit on this one, it is laziness, secularism, and humanism which have the grip and culprit aspects.

We are not doing enough, and we are not supporting the internal revival mechanisms that are necessary for our Orthodoxy to be not just a light but a beacon.

In understanding this Mosab, why was he not affected by any of the indigenous Christian Churches in his own country and place?  Why was he attracted by the Western Christianity that was presented to him?  Simple--there was not a clear beacon coming from the Orthodox indigenous to the occupied territories, and there was a better packaging and attraction from the Western Protestant.  I do not deny that he is seeking God, but the path he is following may wind up sending him into the same realm as his previous in Islam.
  • Mate,

I LOVE secularism!

Secularism is honest, it is fair. It is just!

I love it!!

Secularists separate Church and State - and why not???? As a Christian, do I need an entire country to be Christian for me to be a Christian!??

No!

Do I need people to go around pretending they are a Christian for me to be a Christian??

No!

In fact, Secularism is brilliant if you are a Christian.

Look, the Bible teaches us that God loves the just and the unjust. He loves everyone. Whether we love Him or not, he loves us. In fact, His sun shines on the wicked and the righteous!!

So - what, I hear you ask?

It means that if we are in a secular society, then the natural way we will treat each other will be fair. I won't go off and employ only Christians. I will employ muslims and Christians. I will be forced to be fair despite ANY prejudices I may have - and you know what?? I LOVE THAT!

I love to see Europeans treating muslims equally, despite the fact that in their Koran, they don't see us as equal. On the one hand it does irritate me that we're being used, but we cannot be indifferent to others.

They can treat us indifferently, but had I had my own ways, I would probably be indifferent towards them which is NOT right. So, thank God for secularism!

He who wishes to be a Christian can be a Christian. He who is far from God and wants to be far, LET HIM be far!! God's love doesn't change towards anyone.

Oh, BTW, as for Mosab choosing the Baptist Church, they were the ones that gave him the Bible. They were the ones that evangelised the faith to him. When he went back to the states, he went to the Church and to the youth he had ALREADY met whilst in the Holy land.

The orthodox church doesn't go around inviting anyone to read the word of God in Bible Study Groups.. Do we??!!!

I've never seen that - ever!!

We're not into evangelising. If someone wants to be orthodox, they can be- and no one really assists them. The Church in the diaspora is more of an Egyptian social club for us to be interested in bringing Christ to the masses wherever we may be.

• [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=9821.msg120239#msg120239 date=1286367667]
    Mate,

I LOVE secularism!

are you serious?
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=9821.msg120242#msg120242 date=1286374881]
    [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=9821.msg120239#msg120239 date=1286367667]
    Mate,

I LOVE secularism!

are you serious?

Yes.

At first I wasn't happy about secular society, but then I realised - so what? Do I really need the state to believe in God for me to believe in God?

What's the next step? To have religious police in Europe to see if we have prayed 7 times a day???
  • I am not asking for a theocracy.  I am asking for State respect for God the Almighty; no different than the Founding Fathers of the United States as they invoked His Name in all matters.

They invoked His Name in the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution, and on the Currency.

Zoxsasi,

I do not think you read my whole post.

Pure Secularism will lead to apathy, humanism, and atheism.
  • Note that there is a difference between a Secular state and a secularist state. A secular state is simply a state where politics and Religion are divorced, and that usually is a thing better for Christianity. As Christ said, if my kingdom was of this world you would have seen them fight to set me free. But His kingdom is not of this world, and it is much better off when the dirty world of politics is separated from the world of religion (I mean specifically Christianity), there it best retains its Spirituality (where it seeks neither Power, nor becomes Corrupt). Of course other religions do just great with theocracies, example islam. But that's because the nature of Islam is fundamentally different than the nature of Christianity. It IS a political ideology with Shari'a ruling. Countries that have had longer histories of secularism in Government tend to still have higher church attendance, like the United States. While other countries like Britain, Sweden, and Holland, where the government had strong ties to the Church tended to have Christianity outright die out.

Secularism on the other hand is the personal espousal of atheism, agnosticism, or secular humanism. From the political side, this is found in Communist states that are officially atheist, or at least serve to discourage or quiet religious practice. European countries, while their governments are not secularist, have large portions of their society become secularist in their outlook on life, which in turn influences education and the way many things are conducted.
  • Thank God for informing the public about Islam. He'll be a martyr soon.
  • I fear that westerners will not be able to tolerate the rise in Islam in their countries.

I'm 99% sure that there will be a backlash against muslims, or anyone who looks muslim (middle eastern).

The resentment is quite high, especially here in Europe.

I do find it quite offensive that a muslim man can come from North Africa, make his wife wear a burka, and live amongst us. The reason is that if he respects her for wearing a burka, then what kind of regard must he have for Europeans who are not veiled?

How do you think he views them?

Coupled with this, Islam discriminates against non muslims, so there is a deep rooted lack of respect already in their mindsets towards westerners, their cultures, their religion, their democracy and their values.

It may be hidden, and not manifest, but the fact that the majority of muslim women wear a hijab would only lead to the logical conclusion that if wearing a hijab for them is a sign of a woman who respects herself, then those walking around without a hijab may not deserve to be respect, whether in their hearts, or their actions.

To top this off, the question hammering in the minds of most secular indigenous europeans is this: WhY the HECK come to Europe for if you have no respect for our values???

They never receive an answer for this question, and hence the resentment towards them remains. The existence of a growing population of moderate muslims, just their VERY existence, based on the above elements, only fuels the existing resentment and intoleration towards them.

When ex-muslims expose the nature of Islam, I believe it will serve two purposes:

a) A gradual lack of respect towards islam
    b) even more resentment towards muslims

This is a very perplexing situation.

As much as I appreciate ex-muslims exposing the truth about their faith, and the problematic nature of Islam, as a religion, I fear that the result will be a situation where muslims will be discriminated against - openly.

Now, the problem is this: Discrimination IS against my Christian faith. I think it is wrong to discriminate - even against those who persecute you, and so I value a secular society that aims to treat all people the same, regardless of their creed or color.

BTW, what is worrying is I'm not even sure westerners actually realise that Coptic Orthodox Christians are Christians. I get the impression that they are so a-religious that to them, we all fall in the same category as muslims.

IloveSaintMark,

I too would love a state that respected Christian Values - but that WOULD be a theocracy. Most western europeans are embracing atheism. I think they only identify themselves as "christian" as a matter of habbit, but it has nothing to do with "practice" or "belief".

Marriages in Europe are decreasing at alarming rates
    Abortion rates are increasing (especially in France, UK, and Germany)
    Sexually transmitted diseases are increasing.
    Divorce rates are at nearly 50% already.
    Church attendance are so low that local government are suggesting that empty or nearly empty Churches become mosques (where the need is for prayer-space!).
    Homosexual unions are normal.
    Homosexuality, in many western countries, is now being taught as "normal".

Do these statistics signify a strong practicing Christian population to anyone?

"you will know them by their fruits" - and this is our fruit.

We are an ungodly, politically correct group of humanists that care more about the Ozone layer than our Christian heritage and national identities.

This is, by the way, the BEST environment for Islam to flourish.

With Churches divided and attacking each other, coupled with a growing resentment towards the catholic faith by its own faithful, it is just a matter of time before Europe will fall under the banner of Islam.

• Sasi,

I did not say I wanted governments to adopt Christian values. 

I said that I wanted the governments to acknowledge and respect God.

I believe in the separation of Church and State, but it does not mean you forget that God Exists.