Alhan competition... again!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Every year someone has to start a post on this competition so we can brag about how our church is gonna win.... then everyone gets upset when St. Mary Baltimore wins! ;D

Comments

• [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=9802.msg120049#msg120049 date=1285896228]
    Every year someone has to start a post on this competition so we can brag about how our church is gonna win.... then everyone gets upset when St. Mary Baltimore wins! ;D

welll see.....west side havn't gonne yet......so don't feel so hopful just yet  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D last time we talk many trophies home including the BIG ONE and 2nd of the chorus just for technicality. 
  • oh well if you're competing tomorrow.....watch yo back :D
  • Yea, but does anyone actually understand what they are saying and why.  I bet you that at least 90% are clueless.

Alhan is one thing [in the childish mindset].  Prayer through alhan is another thing altogether in the spiritual sense.
  • Well you can't expect a child of 8 to understand the spirituality of Alhan. It is a hard concept for them to wrap their heads around. But that doesn't mean he should not learn them.... If we only taught alhan to people that understood the spirituality Ibrahim Ayad would be El 7ag Ibrahim el Gazar!
  • Abanoub2000,

Everything is relative.  An eight year old can have a spiritual understanding of things if they are taught.

BTW, since your avatar is St. Abanoub, how old was he when he declared his faith to the governor?  I believe he was eight years old.

As a matter of fact, I believe dearly in the innocence of the children and their spirituality.

Your comment is completely wrong.

Even a baby has a spirituality if it is nurtured by the parents.  Just because a baby cannot speak, it does not mean there is no contact with the CREATOR.
  • [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=9802.msg120161#msg120161 date=1286189099]
    Well you can't expect a child of 8 to understand the spirituality of Alhan. It is a hard concept for them to wrap their heads around. But that doesn't mean he should not learn them....
    not the same spirituality to an adult........not only that but they sometimes don't know the meaning either. what is needed is to place a seed in his mind to learn alhan; to what alhan are. I am forever against teaching a little kid something to those who are of age and be proud of that kid knowing that much. each age have its own understanding of things and even developing of ideas about something that is happening in his life. you teach him alhan by force, the kid grows up, hates the alhan because of that or just doesn't care anymore.....and now you got nothing--you accomplished nothing for the future.

If we only taught alhan to people that understood the spirituality Ibrahim Ayad would be El 7ag Ibrahim el Gazar!

what does that mean? i don't get the joke!!!
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9802.msg120162#msg120162 date=1286199172]
    Abanoub2000,

Everything is relative.  An eight year old can have a spiritual understanding of things if they are taught.

BTW, since your avatar is St. Abanoub, how old was he when he declared his faith to the governor?  I believe he was eight years old.

As a matter of fact, I believe dearly in the innocence of the children and their spirituality.

Your comment is completely wrong.

Even a baby has a spirituality if it is nurtured by the parents.  Just because a baby cannot speak, it does not mean there is no contact with the CREATOR.

I think you misunderstood me.... kids can be spiritual and can be in contact with the creator.... I was talking generally about alhan... I can go teach a 12 year old AL el Korban...... will he understand anything other than It's the letter A prolonged for 6 minutes?

I saw a 9 year old at the competition that said the praxis in coptic..... but until he is older and he is able to contemplate and truly understand what the la7n means.