HELP, Anger Issues

edited September 2010 in Personal Issues
I get angry soooo QUICKLYY, what can i dooooo ??
Something so little i get sooo MADDDMADDD :(

Comments

• sing a hymn in your head or aloud (or christian song).
    read a book.
    if its a person making you mad leave their presence until your calm then go back to them and figure what went wrong and apologize.
    shoot out a quick prayer to god asking for help.
  • HEyy thanxxx i will surely try that out, thanxx so muchh :D
  • Did you consider yoga or breathing exercises?
    I had a session once about getting your body to relax which can help.

When you feel you're about to get angry, sit somewhere comfortably, close your eyes. inhale through your nose counting to 8 then exhale through your mouth counting to 12. repeat at least 10 times, increasing the count if possible.
  • I was taught thAt yoga was wrong because it's actually like an ancient form of worshipping this one god. I forget exactly but it pretty much goes like that xD
  • whatever u do, don't do yoga. all the yoga positions are positions of worship of hindu gods.
    there is no reason why it would be ok for a Christian to do yoga.

briefly (coz i am a bit busy today) anger often comes from our response to people who hurt us.
    eg if u think everyone ignores u and only speaks to your older brother, you will get this general feeling of frustration every time u are pushed into the background, eg in a supermarket queue (american english = line) or when they need a volunteer at church and someone else gets in first, but the thing underneath all your frustration is the fact u don't forgive yr brother (for example) for being irritating and loud, and u don't forgive the other people for not noticing u and being nice to u.

if someone hurt u and it never got resolved (eg. u were just told, ignore it, it doesn't matter), again the hurt can turn to anger if u haven't forgiven that person and the people who didn't take you seriously.

so anger is usually a sign that something is not right in your spiritual life, so you should talk to your spiritual father (priest) about it. then when u are angry, just think of how much God loves u and forgave all your sin, and learn some Bible verses so u can say them inside yr head when u are angry.
    also exercise is a good way to calm down, and it helps to eat healthily (plenty of veg etc).
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=9677.msg119744#msg119744 date=1285260341]
    whatever u do, don't do yoga. all the yoga positions are positions of worship of hindu gods.
    there is no reason why it would be ok for a Christian to do yoga.
    how about the reason that its not for worshiping hindu gods and its therapeutic? lol
  • sodr2 it is for idol worshipping. I am not sure what gods but it is really for a god, and it's not our God. Trust us sodr2, it's for worshipping pagan gods, look it up if you don't believe us.
  • hey guys, i thought yoga, the meditation side is it also for worshipping??
  • there are no sides in yoga, i think i know what you are saying(that you can just use it for peace of soul), but it is not like that. There are many ways to get peace that even yoga can't bring, here are some things to do:

1. read the psalms, i know you might think this is a sunday school answer but seriously, read the psalms and see for yourself, read and understand what you read
    2. prayer, just sit down with yourself somewhere quiet and have a conversation with God, it might sound silly but just sit and start talking about your day, what you've been going through stuff like that.
    3. Listen to hymns, tasbeha hymns are nice, or maybe some Taraneem

As you can see, there are many things to do than yoga which is a pagan worshipping act.
  • i do most of that it works, thanxx, do u know how i can get hymns and tarenems??
    THANX GEOMIKE
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=9677.msg119844#msg119844 date=1285477396]
    sodr2 it is for idol worshipping. I am not sure what gods but it is really for a god, and it's not our God. Trust us sodr2, it's for worshipping pagan gods, look it up if you don't believe us.

Forgive me, im not an expert in yoga, but if its simple body positions & meditation, then you can trust the Bible when it says God looks at the heart, not at your physical bodily configuration (lol @ my choice of words)
  • On a side note, mezza could you change the the subject of this thread to something more descriptive so people will know what this thread is about?
  • this is the best website for hymns etc.
    at the top of the page, click on media and then audio hymns, songs or praises.
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=9677.msg119866#msg119866 date=1285553029]
    [quote author=geomike link=topic=9677.msg119844#msg119844 date=1285477396]
    sodr2 it is for idol worshipping. I am not sure what gods but it is really for a god, and it's not our God. Trust us sodr2, it's for worshipping pagan gods, look it up if you don't believe us.

Forgive me, im not an expert in yoga, but if its simple body positions & meditation, then you can trust the Bible when it says God looks at the heart, not at your physical bodily configuration (lol @ my choice of words)

Sodr what u just said was the equivalent of , "I don't need to eat differently on Wednesdays and Thursdays God looks at the heart"
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=9677.msg119897#msg119897 date=1285641902]
    [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=9677.msg119866#msg119866 date=1285553029]
    [quote author=geomike link=topic=9677.msg119844#msg119844 date=1285477396]

Sodr what u just said was the equivalent of , "I don't need to eat differently on Wednesdays and Thursdays God looks at the heart"

It's actually Wednesdays and Fridays :D lol

And mezza, this site is full of many peaceful hymns and taraneem-- the tasbeha hymns and kiahk songs/melodies are some personal favorites of mine :)
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=9677.msg119897#msg119897 date=1285641902]

No... if you choose to eat differently when you know you're supposed to be fasting on those days, then thats coming from your heart... if youre stressed and want to meditate/exercise then there's nothing wrong with that.
  • but the point is you know that it was and maybe still is used for pagan worship.

Let me make it clearer, it's like saying "Let's bown down like the muslims it's good for your abs, but we won't praise Allah so it's ok".