Apostles Doxology

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering why did we not stop saying the aposltes doxology since the pentecost?
Is there a theoloical reason for this?
When are we supossed to stop saying that?
When we stop, what do we say after?

Comments

• [quote author=Cyril97 link=topic=9769.msg119760#msg119760 date=1285285232]
    Hi Guys,

I was just wondering why did we not stop saying the aposltes doxology since the pentecost?
    Is there a theoloical reason for this?
    When are we supossed to stop saying that?
    When we stop, what do we say after?

i don't understand what is the main question really.

I doubt there was "doxologies" around the apostles' time.....
  • You may insert and include the Apostles' Doxology at any time.  I think people tend to do so relative to the Fast & Feast of the Apostles, but really it is a matter of time and how many doxologies can be said without lengthening the Raising of the Incense Service.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9769.msg119767#msg119767 date=1285287718]
    You may insert and include the Apostles' Doxology at any time.  I think people tend to do so relative to the Fast & Feast of the Apostles, but really it is a matter of time and how many doxologies can be said without lengthening the Raising of the Incense Service.

In my church, we still say it. Is there an actual reason to do that or would it just be for preference?
  • I don't get the problem.....we always say it right after the heavenly....if it would be for me, i would say it first because without them, we would have known about anything else we now do......like yes God will always have ways to get to us but they are the ones He sent to us. We are an "APOSTOLIC CHURCH"....i think that is self-explanatory.
  • Minagir,

So I guess St. Mark should be even before them since he is the one that taught us about all of them.

Another great mark for St. Mark!.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9769.msg119813#msg119813 date=1285358470]
    Minagir,

So I guess St. Mark should be even before them since he is the one that taught us about all of them.

if used same thought....yeah......but of course this is just MEEEEEEEEE  ;D ;D ;D ;D
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9769.msg119813#msg119813 date=1285358470]
    Minagir,

HAHAHAH I get it!