Will we be saved?

Good day,

I live here in philippines where orthodox traditions to many is almost unknown....We are almost roman catholic here in our country....We know that all of us as christians are looking for eternity....If I and my ancestors and the next generation of my family, maintain a good life, always taking an eucharist will be saved together with the good ORIENTAL orthodox people, and together with other christian denomination good people?

thanks in advance for the answers....Ive searched day and night for two years the history of christianity and at least ive known something about the CHOSEN oriental orthodox churches...I prayed that the light will be shine in the "pearl of the orient" someday, GOD permit....

Thanks and Glory be to GOD always, Amen.

Jerold.

+      +      +

Comments

• Welcome to the site and I hope you find the answer you are looking for on here. As many will tell you and according to what you found out, oriental orthodox churches practice the true faith that was given to the disciples through Christ. That is because it is an orthodox faith that was not changed but kept true throught out the generations.
    However, we are no where near God's mercy, love and wisdom to know how he will judge the world on judgement day. No one can say that other christian denominations will not enter the kingdom of heaven because it is very important to always seek God and have a sincere desire to get to know him.
    That is why I think that the most important thing is to always ask God to enlighten your path and to always be willing to accept his will and not yours. May God be with you and guide you in everything you do.
  • good answer. God looks at the heart of each person and knows all our reasons for what we do.
    He is merciful and just.
    psalm 116 (114 in septugaint version) says 'i love the Lord for He heard my voice, He heard my cry for mercy' and later it says 'the Lord is gracious and righteous, our God is full of compassion. the Lord protects the simplehearted, when i was in great need He saved me'.
    may He guide you in the right path, and please come again to this website so we may walk together.
    :)
  • [quote author=jeroldmatoy link=topic=9665.msg118840#msg118840 date=1283443265]
    Good day,

I live here in philippines where orthodox traditions to many is almost unknown....We are almost roman catholic here in our country....We know that all of us as christians are looking for eternity....If I and my ancestors and the next generation of my family, maintain a good life, always taking an eucharist will be saved together with the good ORIENTAL orthodox people, and together with other christian denomination good people?

thanks in advance for the answers....Ive searched day and night for two years the history of christianity and at least ive known something about the CHOSEN oriental orthodox churches...I prayed that the light will be shine in the "pearl of the orient" someday, GOD permit....

Thanks and Glory be to GOD always, Amen.

Jerold.

+       +       +

Hi,
    Are you Catholic or Orthodox? It wasn't clear. I take it that there are no Orthodox Churches in the Philipinnes? Yes, I know the Philipinnes to be extremely/devoutly catholic. In fact, I think even the constitution there is based on Christian Law. Its the Saudi Arabia of Christianity (correct me if Im wrong!).

Thanks
  • I know the Antiochan and (I believe) the Russian Church have missions in the Phillipines but not the Oriental Orthodox yet.
    (Perhaps you could start one)
  • Zoxsasi,

Good day, I am a catholic with an oriental orthodox faith...Yeah youre right, we are almost catholic here..there are some orthodox here around 500+ of them but they are another kind of orthodox...

GOD be with you always, Amen.

Jerold.

+      +      +
  • Jerold,

Bishop Suriel of the Coptic Orthodox Church in Australia has organized a mission church in the Fiji Islands.  You may want to make contact with him relative to the Phillipians.
  • Aidan,

Good day, Youre right aidan, there are some orthodox here but they are on other side. At present, there are only 2 persons ive known who are copt here in phil...Yes I have started it now, Im gathering information to other coptic people specially in this site including you, by Devine Providence I dont know what is the real reason why I am here...as it said, "seek and you will find"...Im seeking beyond as a stranger, and thanks you are passing in my way as a good samaritan....All I can say, I am still a stranger on this foriegn and CHOSEN community, Im knocking on people with different wisdom and knowledge, some may turn back and some may lend a hand...I believe on this community for they have a teaching like this "Do good to all humankind for they are sons of GOD and on HIS image" and "accept good strangers and pilgrims" (DIDASCALIA).

GOD be with you always, Amen.

Jerold.

+       +       +
  • Jerold,
    I know the Priest that performs the mission trips to Fiji that is from Australia who is under the auspices of Anba Surial. If you would like to contact him through email and inquire of more information or share your concerns with him let me know! I am sure he would be more than willing to help you in all you're endeavors. He is a very very kind, tender, warm hearted man.

Please keep me in your prayers
    -cheif of sinners
  • The Lord has done many wonderous things through Bishop Surial in Fiji and Australia.  Just remember, we had him in the United States before His Holiness sent him to Australia.
  • Saint Mark lover,

Thanks, I will do that when I have time in antwerp once a month when I have an access to net...Hope I will find some coptic friends in antwerp once a month even for three hours only to discuss some important matters...the sea is my dessert for a year again...it is good without distraction...what Im praying for is, to have some contacts while in harbour for I have a COPTIC project for filipino people..I need a wise guide, for I am not yet a copt and still outside the church... I know that without the approval of a Priest or Bishop, and wise and good advise of my coptic brothers, my labor will be in vain....

I live above the sea, I am a man of it, I inherit it to my ancestors...I am a sea traveller and a fisherman...by the living in sea, I found the pearl of it..."ORIENTAL ORTHODOX CHURCHES".

Almost all the details in Acts 27 of ships operation is same as to this day.

Im happy for in the beginning the sea had been mentioned...the net, boat oar, and way of fishing in New Testament is same also in my village, the way of Apostle Paul in the sea I already traversed some of it...If Im gone someday, at least it happened in my life and I contemplating on it since I found the pearl...

Thanks again...GOD be with you always, Amen.

Sincerely,
    Jerold

+      +      +

• thank you for sharing with us, may God guide you in your journey. i pray you will find people to talk to about God as you travel. it is as we share with others that God leads us to greater riches.
    Our Lord and Saviour Jesus said, 'go into all the world and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit and I am with you until the end of the age.' may He also send you wise teachers.
    peace, brother.