HARD WORK PAID OFF!!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
After so many months of voting, advertising, communicating, annoying threads, announcements and most of all prayer...

BOTH Good Shepherd Christian Academy and St. Clement Coptic Orthodox Elementary School won the Kohl's Cares contest!!!

This means that out of all the schools in America, and out of the 20 that won...2 of them were Coptic Orthodox Schools! God is so good. Thank you all for helping with the voting and please check this website to see the standings.

May God bless these schools, and many more Coptic Orthodox Educational Organizations here in our crazy land of immigration :)

Thanks again everyone and keep praying for the two schools. Oh and for me!

http://apps.facebook.com/KohlsCares/

Comments

• Thank God for everything, I am really glad that both schools won. They deserve it and that money will be used to help a lot of children :)
  • That's wonderful news! God has blessed them both :D

I have to say that I think it's wonderful how Copts all over the world were brought together by this effort - it creates a wonderful sense of unity.

God bless and pray for me
  • not just that, we placed number 6 and number 11, THATS AMAZING!! The top 10 schools were all jewish before, look how we took over
  • lol, i made a program that automatically makes a facebook account and votes for you. Then facebook gave me an ip ban for like 3 days because they caught me. lol. Atleast i got like 503 votes before they found out. lol.
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=9688.msg118954#msg118954 date=1283620189]
    lol, i made a program that automatically makes a facebook account and votes for you. Then facebook gave me an ip ban for like 3 days because they caught me. lol. Atleast i got like 503 votes before they found out. lol.

we still would've won without those 503 votes
  • [quote author=epchois_nai_nan link=topic=9688.msg118952#msg118952 date=1283604033]
    That's wonderful news! God has blessed them both :D

I have to say that I think it's wonderful how Copts all over the world were brought together by this effort - it creates a wonderful sense of unity.

God bless and pray for me
    [quote author=Godislove_ link=topic=9688.msg118953#msg118953 date=1283613384]
    not just that, we placed number 6 and number 11, THATS AMAZING!! The top 10 schools were all jewish before, look how we took over

ah Egyptians... always on the last minute. I checked a few days before the deadline and we were still in the 5 digit numbers
  • [quote author=the_least link=topic=9688.msg118958#msg118958 date=1283634717]
    [quote author=geomike link=topic=9688.msg118954#msg118954 date=1283620189]
    lol, i made a program that automatically makes a facebook account and votes for you. Then facebook gave me an ip ban for like 3 days because they caught me. lol. Atleast i got like 503 votes before they found out. lol.

we still would've won without those 503 votes

ooooooh, someone getting fiesty. Lol, just kidding. That's true, we won buy like thousands, i am just so happy we won.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

This is definitely God's Will.
  • This is really amazing news. I think Abouna Anthony Messiha would be overjoyed at this.

What does this mean? Are these Coptic Schools already in existence? They will just receive extra funding?

What are these schools about?? What is their mandate?

• Do they have any job openings?
  • Both of these schools are established and have been running and growing for a few years. All three of Abounas at St. Mark are thrilled at the good gifts of God :)

They always have employment openings since they keep going.

Here are the links to both schools:

http://www.littleflockschool.org/

http://www.suscopts.org/stclementacademy/

Pray for them, and check them out! Maybe God is willing for your service there :)