Our Patriarchs

Unfortunately our church history isn't quite as published as the Catholic church per se, so it's kinda hard to gather information about subjects like these.

I know that not all our patriarchs are considered saints but, were any of them 'evi' or 'corrupt?'  The patriarchs in question, are the ones who were justly elected patriarchs, not the anti-popes who were imposed on us by various powers. 

Comments

• We are all corrupt.  We are all human.  We are all capable of redemption.
  • Well yes, of course we are, I couldn't agree more however, I was looking for historical information.  I'm not really concerned with the salvation of these men, for that is God's job.  I was just interested in finding out if we [like other churches] were at one point led by less than noble Bishops.
  • Hello Gregory,

I hope this message finds you well in Christ. I'm not sure how much time you have to yourself, but you can read the history of all of the Coptic patriarchs:

http://www.tertullian.org/fathers/severus_hermopolis_hist_alex_patr_01_part1.htm

That is the first part of four parts. I trust that you'll find most the information that you need regarding your inquiry there.

In Christ,
    Childoforthodoxy