Fr. Peter Farrington's Book

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
I have only read a chapter or so in Fr. Peter's book, I have to say I am thoroughly impressed. I knew that Fr. Peter was a very well informed and intelligent man, but he still managed to surprise me. Every single thing he writes he writes it with grace and beauty and with the utmost detail, leaving nothing out. I dont just recommend this book to everyone, I demand that everyone reads this book. If you have to choose between my book and Fr. Peter's it should be a no brainer. Fr. Peter's book is packed with knowledge and wisdom, I am glad I bought it. Thank you Fr. Peter for such an enlightening book.

Buy this book everyone, I promise you will not be disappointed!

The hardcover link http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/orthodox-christology/10969273?productTrackingContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/1

The file download link http://www.lulu.com/product/file-download/orthodox-christology/10969274?productTrackingContext=search_results/search_shelf/center/2

Comments

• Hey:)
    Thank you sooo much for telling us/me that  Fr.Peter wrote a Book didnt know that:)
    Im gonna buy it:)

thank you

vanessa
  • Just ordered a copy.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9655.msg118768#msg118768 date=1283222096]
    Just ordered a copy.

Thanks, why did u get the hardcover? Thats expensive.
  • You said there were illustrations and extra things, so I went for that.
  • How does this lulu thing work?  Do they print one copy at a time relative to demand?  They said it would ship in 3-5 days.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9655.msg118782#msg118782 date=1283249518]
    You said there were illustrations and extra things, so I went for that.

Yea but they arent that important. The only thing the hardcover lacks is the conversations or debates at the end of the book.
  • I just received my copy of Fr. Peter's book.  I also got the Glastonbury Review with the issue of his ordination.

I have not received, yet, Ioannes' book.  I await.  I was told it was sent out.
  • Fr. Peter's book is rockin. I cannot believe that more people have not bought it. I can understand not buying mine but not buying Fr. Peter's, that just shows a lack of commitment.
  • I've sold 34 copies so far since it was published.

I guess most people, and I include myself, have lots of books they could and should buy. There are millions upon millions of books after all.

I did email all the priests and bishops in the West, but I need to do more marketing since that didn't result in more than a handful of sales.

Father Peter
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=9655.msg119452#msg119452 date=1284666207]
    I've sold 34 copies so far since it was published.

I guess most people, and I include myself, have lots of books they could and should buy. There are millions upon millions of books after all.

I did email all the priests and bishops in the West, but I need to do more marketing since that didn't result in more than a handful of sales.

Father Peter

Fr. Peter you can purchase advertisement on Facebook. I have an ad aimed to the specific area in which I live. The cool thing is you set a budget and you pay for the amount of clicks, until it fulfills the budget. I also put advertisement on my car by going to zazzle.com and creating bumper stickers. I went to vistaprint and got some free business cards and only need to pay for shipping. I plan on getting some brochures to place around town as well. I also plan on putting up an ad on youtube. All this with a $43 budget. If you would like, we can try and work together when you have some spare time.
  • The trouble is that likely buyers of my book are members of the Coptic Orthodox Church and other Oriental Orthodox communities and these are not concentrated anywhere near where I live. Indeed I don't know any Copts who live in my home town. So my marketing is via internet activity. I need to do a lot more I guess.
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=9655.msg119456#msg119456 date=1284668018]
    The trouble is that likely buyers of my book are members of the Coptic Orthodox Church and other Oriental Orthodox communities and these are not concentrated anywhere near where I live. Indeed I don't know any Copts who live in my home town. So my marketing is via internet activity. I need to do a lot more I guess.

If you have FB that would be a great place to start. I personally have chose to market in my area, which is not very Coptic but has alot of Orthodox and Catholic. After this sort of test run I plan on marketing in more coptic/habesha populated areas. L.A. is a perfect place to market, lots of Coptic and lots of Ethiopian. My daily budget for advertising is $4, so basically once 4 people click the ad it stops running because thats all I can pay, and that is a special thanks to all the Orthodox that support this endeavor! (that was sarcastic)