Saint films

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
I was just wondering if anyone has ever seen the Anba Bishoy movie (the one made in australia)... im just asking because its probably my favorite movie but i cant find it anywhere online.

What's your favorite saint film?

Comments

• yeeeeh, abouna Yostos! "Sa3a kam dolwatie?! "
    I didn't know that there was a film about anba bishoy made in australia too?
    I only saw the real film of anba bishoy, made in egypt..:))
    By the way, has anyone seen the rope which saint bishoy used to bind hisself to pray day and night, in
    the monastery of anba Bishoy?? Sorry for my weak faith, but how do they know that this is
    the real rope of saint bishoy?

Sorry for changing the topic, anyway, I love the movie of Mariam el masreya (saint Mary the egyptian)
    , saint Arapsima, St Abasgayron, Om irini, Pope Kyrilos, anba Makarios, osqof qena, etc  :)

btw, Kol sana2 wento taybeen with the feast of St Mary which was yesterday

GB
  • anba bishoy is the 1st one here:

http://stmarycoptic.com/movies1.htm

and all these are bilingual (subtitled in english)
    i also love anouna yostos (always asking what time is it now, to remind us the time is short), anba bola (paul) and anba antony - i especially like how much they loved each other and treated each other with very much respect, each convinced the other was a better saint.
    i can't comment on saint bishoy's rope, but i know these things can be preserved for hundreds of years in the desert as the air is very dry so they don't rot.
  • [quote author=mabsoota link=topic=9617.msg118527#msg118527 date=1282589058]
    anba bishoy is the 1st one here:

http://stmarycoptic.com/movies1.htm

i already checked, thats not the one

By the way, has anyone seen the rope which saint bishoy used to bind hisself to pray day and night, in
    the monastery of anba Bishoy??

i saw a rope, but im not sure if its his
  • yr right, sodr2, i couldn't run it on my computer but most of the movies here are in arabic only.
    is there a big church near u that rents movies? i saw many like that.