Is the devil limited?

So i was just wondering... is the devil limited by time like humans are?

I know god knows the past present and future but does the devil know?

and is the devil limited by space?

Can he be in more than one place?

Comments

• The Devil is in fact limited by time and space which we know from a sermon of St. Anthony written about in St. Athanasius' book about St. Anthony. He is limited by time, so he can't know the future (Or else he'd already know what could make us fall, and God wouldn't allow that, because then who could defeat temptations.) This is also proven in that he thought that Job would curse God, if he took away his possesions.

Furthermore Job 1:7 says "The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?"
    Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it."

This shows that he was limited by space.

I think the devil knows the past and present though, just as we do. He also can travel very fast and can pretend to predict the future. For example St. Anthony spoke of him being a spirit, and thereby not being held by a body, can travel very fast. Therefore he can see many things. For example he could see someone saying that they will call you, and then give a vision that this person will call you.

If you want to know more about it go to this link: http://books.google.com/books?id=UhyetPGZ3LsC&lpg=PA1&dq=life%20of%20st.%20antony&pg=PA22#v=onepage&q&f=false and read from page 22 to page 42. That is the whole sermon, and it really helped me in my struggles against the devil. It really taught me how the devil is weak, and can do nothing unless God allows it.
  • He is limited.... <offensive comments removed>
  • um what was offensive about Ioannes's post? It could have been beneficial to this thread.
  • it depends from a person to anther