The End of Man - My New Blog

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
So listen up. If you cannot get enough of my abrasive tongue I have a new blog just for you:

http://japocalypse.blogspot.com

In this blog I am free to spout off whatever absurd kind of nonsense my weak mind can possibly think of. If you like my utter madness then I suggest you go and follow my blog.

Comments

• 41 people have viewed this and not a single one has subscribed to my blog. WTF people!
  • I have subscribed now.
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=9590.msg118204#msg118204 date=1281950031]
    I have subscribed now.

Now I can brag, Fr. Peter subscribed to my blog! I love Fr. Peter!!!! Thanks Abouna!
  • Haha I'm no Fr. Peter, but I'm following. It seems very interesting :)
  • yay i followed! and now no one can censor you :D
  • Always have faith and hope
  • [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=9590.msg118231#msg118231 date=1282004817]
    yay i followed! and now no one can censor you :D

That is probably not a good thing, that is why I love Fr. Peter so much, I tore into him and then he put me in my place with a healthy dose of love and understanding. So this is why I keep it on the topic of eschatology so I wont get too out of control.
  • i am a follower! :D
  • I've read it, congratulations!
    I in your books I hope you'll emphasize more on edifying aspects and winning souls to Christ.
    Good luck.

GBU
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=9590.msg118296#msg118296 date=1282081841]
    I've read it, congratulations!
    I in your books I hope you'll emphasize more on edifying aspects and winning souls to Christ.
    Good luck.

GBU

Nobody comes to Christ unless the Father wills it. We are gardeners planting seeds, we do not have the capacity to water that seed, only to plant it. If God chooses, then that seed will be watered and grow, eventually flowering into a beautiful flower. Winning souls to Christ is more protestant, like its a game of some sort.

If you want to expose people to Orthodoxy, then you need to find ways to have people question you. The tattoo on my neck for instance has done this. More people ask me, with intrigue, what this means. Therefore because they asked me I have every right to discuss Orthodoxy with them. This also was another reason for a cross tattoo on the forehead. Get them to engage you, engaging them only turns them off, like you are attacking them.
  • Mark 1:17
    Then Jesus said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men.”

Ioannes, thank you and God bless you and your work. Indeed we cannot be fishers of Christian souls (or be fruitful) without the blessing of the intervention and the Will of God.

GBU
  • [quote author=John_S2000 link=topic=9590.msg118347#msg118347 date=1282119591]
    Mark 1:17
    Then Jesus said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men.”

Ioannes, thank you and God bless you and your work. Indeed we cannot be fishers of Christian souls (or be fruitful) without the blessing of the intervention and the Will of God.

GBU

Indeed. Everyone has their own way of reaching people. Unfortunately I have noticed with Copts that they tend to be very quiet and not eager to discuss religion with people. This is probably due to the fact that in Egypt you cant do that. My personal opinion is that you have to get people to come to you. This approach has worked for me, and makes it so much easier because the persona engages you without knowing that it was your intent to have them approach you. Try it sometime I think you will be surprised. You will probably do a better job than me because everyone here is much more level headed than me.
  • what is blogspot??
  • You say that some one only returns to god if he wills it- how would his will go against that?
  • [quote author=jfarag92 link=topic=9590.msg118459#msg118459 date=1282328778]
    You say that some one only returns to god if he wills it- how would his will go against that?

John 14:6 "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me."
    contrast this with
    John 6:65 "Therefore I have said to you that no one can come to Me unless it has been granted to him by My Father."

So you have to go through Christ, but God has to grant it. You ask how this would go against His will, well, God knows the hearts of all, and if He knows someone is unable to change or unwilling, then He would not grant it. I am not going to use any examples for fear of casting judgment on another. This is a verse that was used by Calvin to justify his pre-destination doctrine.
  • CAN PEOPLE PLEASE SUPPORT MY BLOG!!!

I have six followers. Only one of them ever actually reads it and leaves comments. Seriously though if you like what I write here then you will like the blog even more. Come on people.
  • I can't follow it, I'm not on blogspot, but on wordpress.

Can you right something about your political theories once? I'm wondering what is your opinion on the state for example.
  • Unfortunately there are more people who write blogs than read them, so you have more people following you blog than I have following my moribund blog.
  • pls give the address of yr blog, father peter!
    i don't 'follow' blogs (i fear it leads to more emails, i already have many) but i go to the website when i have time to see what's there.
    so i do follow them really, but it doesn't show on the stats  :)
  • ps, ioannes, about women and their clothes,
    there are more men that look at pictures of ladies in skimpy clothes then there are ladies who wear skimpy clothes.
    most famous designers that make ladies clothes are men.
    in my workplace (and most others!), the senior men give more attention to the women who are skimpily dressed.
    so the men are equally to be blamed.
    having said that it's good to see a man (you) advocating more clothes for ladies.

could u also speak to some fashion designers so we can find better clothes in the shops?
    ;)
    i find it really hard to find smart clothes for work that are decent, and usually end up adapting the ones i find!
    last week in the lift mirror, i was checking my blouse was decent enough (the highest button was just under my cross), then a lady employee got in who made me realise i did not need to worry, next to her, i was dressed like a nun (raheba)!
    lol
  • Mabsoota, what I am referring to is not fashion designers or perverted men. I am referring, if you read closely, to Christian women. I see women receive communion with their cleavage hanging out. I see women receive communion in tight fitting clothes. THIS is unacceptable. Then there are the women who dress moderately for church, which is good. But outside of church they wear whorish clothing, this also is unacceptable. Is it ok to leave church and go get drunk? No matter what situation it is unacceptable to dress in a way that can bring someone to lust. We should never compromise, wear a dress and a normal shirt that doesnt expose your breasts. Is this how women are to respect God?
    Sorry Mabsoota for being so harsh, but this disgusts me.
  • [quote author=Humaira link=topic=9590.msg118549#msg118549 date=1282634439]
    this is a very nice and informative web site so this site give the knowledge for getting the Arabic Translation services after get than be understand easily.

Do you mean you want it to be translated into Arabic? I would hate to know that any of this work would be translated into that language. Although there is such a big problem, atleast in my church, with people mixing protestantism and Orthodoxy, it would be very prudent to publish in a language they can read.
  • Fr. Peter,

I did not know you had a blog.

What's the address?
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9590.msg118560#msg118560 date=1282683932]
    Fr. Peter,

I did not know you had a blog.

What's the address?

I didnt either, I know he has a book on lulu.com, which is where mine will be.
  • thanks for sharing..