An F.Y.I. For All Tasbeha PLEASE READ!

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Most of you already know that I am crazy, manic depressive. This can cause very undesirable mood swings, and strange behavior at times. So just for everyones information if I seem to be very aggressive and verbally abusive, I apologize. Do not take it to heart, I am just having either a full blown crisis or am just having an off day. The medicine does not cover all aspects of the illness. I am not using this as an excuse to verbally bash people, but I do become hostile and aggressive at times. If I am really out of hand please let Fr. Peter know or the other human that runs this site so they can either talk to me or keep me from posting any further abuse.

Thanks! your crazy pal, John

Comments

• you are very insightful, wise and helpful on this site.  There's much thought and knowledge behind your words.  Don't sweat it bro, we love you :)
  • [quote author=prodigal link=topic=9588.msg118077#msg118077 date=1281675184]
    you are very insightful, wise and helpful on this site.  There's much thought and knowledge behind your words.  Don't sweat it bro, we love you :)
  • We are with you.  More importantly, God is with you.
  • Ioannes do not worry we truly love you and pray for you.
    You are a very wise person and I admire your knowledge.

Pro 11:30
    The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise.

GBU
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Thank you for the compliment but I only seem intelligent by repeating the early church fathers, so credit them. I also barely made it through High School, I actually had to drop out and go to home schooling, which I cheated through. I failed College so badly that I was kicked out for bad grades after two semesters, I failed history of Jazz for God's sake. I am probably the worst person to handle finances, my wife actually took my bank card from me because I spend so liberally. No, I am not intelligent. If you learn anything from me, learn how to not be like me and you will excel in life, unless you want to be a loser. Can u see why I dont fit in with Copts? All I care about is the salvation of myself and my family, I am not good at anything, I cant be a doctor, pharmacist, or an engineer.

I have a mental health problem and I am unable to do most of the jobs out there, as you can see with my erratic posts and unusually angry posts. I am a terrible Christian, I am a model for no one. Learn from your early church fathers, not me I beg of you.
  • hey, we love u. like really a lot.
    hope to meet u sometime,
    send pm if u come to europe
    :)
  • I usually find your posts very informative .I like your honesty .i will pray for you .pray for me too .i also hope to read your book when mahebere kidusan publishes it .
    your sister in christ
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9588.msg118105#msg118105 date=1281720380]

I have a mental health problem and I am unable to do most of the jobs out there, as you can see with my erratic posts and unusually angry posts.

are you feeling so bad about yourself for having a mental illness? well, i bet most people have or had some sort of mental issue at some point in their lives. they just didn't seek help about it or it was not diagnosed. don't feel so bad.
    Also don't believe what you see. most of the people who seem to have it all going perfect don't really. just because you are honest to yourself doesn't mean all the others are too. there are no perfect people, they go to church to seek perfection..don't be so harsh on yourself (i know, easier said than done)
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=topic=9588.msg118189#msg118189 date=1281919473]
    [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9588.msg118105#msg118105 date=1281720380]

I have a mental health problem and I am unable to do most of the jobs out there, as you can see with my erratic posts and unusually angry posts.

are you feeling so bad about yourself for having a mental illness? well, i bet most people have or had some sort of mental issue at some point in their lives. they just didn't seek help about it or it was not diagnosed. don't feel so bad.
    Also don't believe what you see. most of the people who seem to have it all going perfect don't really. just because you are honest to yourself doesn't mean all the others are too. there are no perfect people, they go to church to seek perfection..don't be so harsh on yourself (i know, easier said than done)

Na I dont feel bad, I just want to make sure when I snap that nobody takes it personal.
  • Ioannes, from my experiences, when you do go out at people it's helpful, it's not just for no reason, but we all love you man, you make the Fathers of the Church easier to understand for me. Thanks so much man, may God bless your hard work.
  • You are a very wise person and I admire your knowledge.
  • [quote author=jtereh link=topic=9588.msg118565#msg118565 date=1282716162]
    You are a very wise person and I admire your knowledge.

Your nuts. If u think there is anything about me to admire you need your head checked too.
  • we all still think ur cool
  • No worry,

I have worked in mental health for most of my career and I often work with adults, young people and families where bi-polar affects their lives. It can be a bit like traversing a minefield all the time, for the person and their families. Its the unpredictability of emotional responses that affects poeple with bi-polar and their families the most. It also causes lots of misunderstanding from other poeple. I think its incredibly thoughtful of you to warn everyone.

I thinks its also wonderful that everyon has pointed out that you are not just the bi-polar. You are many other things, and there are many ways that you contribute despite the bi-polar.

We will praye for you.

Many Blessings

Gerhard :)
  • Thanks Gerhard!
                              I have to try and remember that at times that I am not JUST bi-polar. It is hard though because your not sure which responses are actually you or are because of your mood disorder. I have found that writing seems to center me alot more than if I am not. I am just happy for all the understanding and support.
  • God looks to the heart brother. If it isn't purposely aggressive, rather due to  external circumstances then u need to Chillax! Like my brethren have stated, we ALL LOVE you and we learn much more than u can imagine from you. Very little do u meet an honest person saying, "Look, I'm a little sick so be careful"... That act alone teaches me honesty and true love! Keep at it. Besides, look around you, God uses our weaknesses and is glorified then! Didymus the Blind? Mary the Copt?