Names of Christ Throughout the Bible

edited September 2004 in Faith Issues
randomness... i heard it on cd.. it's some strong stuff..

In Genesis He is the seed of the Woman and the Second Adam; in Exodus He is the Passover Lamb; in Leviticus He is our High Priest; in Numbers He is the Pillar of Cloud by day and the Pillar of Fire by night.

In Deuteronomy He is the Prophet like unto Moses; in Joshua He is the Captain of our Salvation; in Judges He is our Judge and Lawgiver; in Ruth He is our Kinsman Redeemer; in I and II Samuel He is our Trusted Prophet; in Kings and Chronicles He is our Reigning King; in Ezra He is the Rebuilder of life's broken down walls; in Esther He is our Mordecai.

In Job He is our Ever-Living Redeemer; in Psalms He is our Shepherd; in Proverbs and Ecclesiastes He is our Wisdom; in the Song of Solomon He is Love and the Bridegroom.

In Isaiah He is our Prince of Peace, the Arm of the Lord, the Root of Jesse, and the Mighty God; in Jeremiah He is the Righteous Branch; in Lamentations He is our Weeping Prophet; in Ezekiel He is the wonderful Four-Faced Man.

In Daniel He is the Fourth Man in the Fiery Furnace, the Stone, and the Ancient of Days; in Hosea He is the Faithful Husband married forever to the backslider; in Joel He is the Baptizer with the Holy Spirit and Fire; in Amos He is our Burden-Bearer; in Obadiah He is the Mighty to Save; in Jonah He is the Great Foreign Missionary; in Micah He is the Messenger of Beautiful Feet; in Nahum He is the Avenger of God's elect; in Habakkuk He is God's Evangelist; in Zephaniah He is our Savior; in Haggai He is the Restorer of God's lost heritage; in Zechariah He is the Fountain opened to the House of David for sin.

In Malachi He is the Sun of Righteousness rising with healing in His wings.

In Matthew He is the Messiah, the Nazarene, King of the Jews, Beloved of God, the Carpenter's Son, and Emmanuel; in Mark He is the Wonder-Worker, Master, Son of the Blessed, and Son of Mary; in Luke He is the Son of Man, Christ the Chosen of God, the Consolation of Israel, and Dayspring; in John He is the Son of God, the I Am, the Lamb of God, the Bread of Life, the Door, and the Only Begotten of the Father.

In Acts He is the Light of the Gentiles; in Romans He is our Justifier, Deliverer, Lord of the Sabaoth, and the Rock; in I and II Corinthians He is our Sanctifier, our Passover, First Fruits, Lord of Glory, and the Unspeakable Gift; in Galatians He is our Redeemer from the curse of the law; in Ephesians He is our Peace, and the Christ of Unsearchable Riches; in Philippians He is the God who supplies all our needs; in Colossians He is the Fullness of the Godhead.

In I and II Thessalonians He is our soon-coming King; in I and II Timothy He is our Mediator between God and man, and King of Kings; in Titus He is our Faithful Pastor; in Philemon He is a Friend that sticks closer than a brother; in Hebrews He is the Blood of the Everlasting Covenant, and the Captain of Salvation; in James He is our Great Physician; in I and II Peter He is our Chief Shepherd who shall soon appear with a Crown of Glory.

In I, II, and III John He is Love; in Jude He is the Lord coming with ten thousand of His saints; in Revelation He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords, the Faithful and True, the Lion of the Tribe of Judah, Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and End.

He is Abel's Sacrifice, Noah's Rainbow, Abraham's Ram, Issac's Well, Jacob's Ladder, Issachar's Burdens, Jacob's Sceptre, Balaam's Shiloh, Moses' Rod, Joshua's Sun and Moon that stood still, Elijah's Mantle, Elisha's Staff, Gideon's Fleece, Samuel's Horn of Oil, David's Slingshot, Isaiah's Fig Poultice, Hezekiah's Sundial, Daniel's Visions, Amos' Burden, and Malachi's Sun of Righteousness.

He is a Father to the Orphan; Husband to the Widow; to the traveler in the night He is the Bright and Morning Star; to those who walk in the valley of sorrow He is the Lily of the Valley, the Rose of Sharon, and Honey in the Rock.

He is the Brightness of God's Glory; the Express Image of His person; the King of Glory; the Pearl of Great Price; the Rock in a Weary Land; the Cup that runs over; the Rod and Staff that comfort, and the Government of life is upon His shoulders.

He is Jesus of Nazareth, the Son of the Living GOD! Our Savior, Our Companion, Our Lord and King..

Comments