What comes first-the church or Christ.

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
What should we focus our time on more than the other? Learning more about God or more about the Coptic Church. I have grown up in a small church which has not taught me anything about either topic. All it provided was a liturgy every now and then. Which one should I seek first in order to grow?

Comments

• You should focus on learning more about God through the Coptic Church...

ie. Through the 7 sacraments of the church.
  • Good answer!
  • gust123,

The Bible says very deliberately:

'Seek ye the Kingdom of God'

and

'Love God with all of your heart, and with all of your mind, and with all of your soul.'

The Coptic Church is the means and the 'ship' that leads us to God.

There is a ratio in both that has to be achieved for spiritual growth.
  • 1 can not work without the other ...
  • read the Bible every day and ask questions of your priest or some older person in church.
    i hope yr questions will remind everyone of the need to stay close to God.
    read any book by hh shenouda or tadros malaty and also other books from our church.
    try to read a little every day, and download spiritual songs from this website, and you will find that yr spiritual life is growing.
    most of all, repent of yr sins to God, confess to the priest, and ask God to fill u so that u are always close to Him.
  • but .. what is the different .. without one of them you are not a christian .
  • Hi everyone,

Sorry, I don't post often and I can't figure out how to start a new topic, but I have an important message. St. Clement Coptic Orthodox Academy, in Nashville, TN, is the first Coptic school in the United States. However, they have a great need for resources and financial support. Right now, they have an extraordinary opportunity to win $500,000 from Kohl's (a department store), who is giving away that amount to the schools that are in the top 20 of receiving votes on Facebook. St. Clement is currently 18th, so every vote counts. Please vote at the following link: http://apps.facebook.com/KohlsCares/school/1286781/st-clement-coptic-orthodox-christian-academy

Important: PLEASE VOTE 5 TIMES! Each voter can vote for one school up to 5 times.

Thanks!!! Spread the word!!!

P.S. Sorry for posting off topic, but I feel this is very important. If someone knows how to start a new topic about this opportunity, that would be great. Thanks!
  • as a cgristian u r suposed to learn God and to know God, the church is just a method to know him.  Without the church its next to impossible to get to know god.

P.S.  pls vote for good christian shepherd academy in fairfax and the church in nashville currently nashville is in like 18th place and d.c. is in 6th. on facebook u get 5 chances to vote