Arabic Liturgy

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Hello,

Does anyone know where I can get a Liturgy in Arabic in which the responses can be adopted as a model?

Thanks and God Bless

Comments

• Generally speaking, most Arabic responses are not in the correct tune, when compared to the way it is said in Coptic. I suggest you learn the Coptic way then the Arabic just for your own information and if you decide to teach Alhan one day.
    However, if u would like to learn the responses in Arabic i use Fr Abd El Messiah Marcos Gregorian mass. Part II doesn't not have a lot of Gregorian and the responses are awesome.
    PPFM
  • i think the best way to remember the actual Coptic liturgy is by attending it  ...
  • [quote author=Pi Onkh link=topic=9536.msg117470#msg117470 date=1280984754]
    Generally speaking, most Arabic responses are not in the correct tune, when compared to the way it is said in Coptic. I suggest you learn the Coptic way then the Arabic just for your own information and if you decide to teach Alhan one day.
    However, if u would like to learn the responses in Arabic i use Fr Abd El Messiah Marcos Gregorian mass. Part II doesn't not have a lot of Gregorian and the responses are awesome.
    PPFM

This isn't for me... I've been learning alhan since the day I was born (literally... my dad used to sing me alhan to me when I was a baby... lol) it's for someone from my church who is coming back to serving as deacon after like 20 years and he asked me to find him something that he can play in the car and such.

I think I should give him a recording that's just St. Basil Liturgy, so he doesn't get confused.

[quote author=kirollos3 link=topic=9536.msg117487#msg117487 date=1281007092]
    i think the best way to remember the actual Coptic liturgy is by attending it  ...

ya, but I can't tell him, 'just come to church and you'll be good'. Also, it's good to have a source, because the deacons who say the responses at church don't always say it .. 'good'.

so, any others?
  • i downloaded this one about 2 yrs ago and it helped me a lot.

http://tasbeha.org/mp3/Divine_Liturgies/Father_Estefanos_Shehata,_Liturgy_of_St_Basil.html

u have it broken into little chunks so u don't have to listen all in one go, this helps when u have to take a break, eg to change trains. (i used to listen while travelling.)

the agios, i think, is from saint gregory's liturgy but the rest is saint basil's.

unfortunately it only has the liturgy of the believers, not the liturgy of the word. but if u look at the other liturgies on tasbeha.org u may find more  :)
  • it is the better way
  • [quote author=the_least link=topic=9536.msg117558#msg117558 date=1281121727] it's for someone from my church who is coming back to serving as deacon after like 20 years and he asked me to find him something that he can play in the car and such.

is he trying to learn arabic?
  • well you can not learn Arabic from the liturgy .. you need to study Arabic(the language) first ..