psst. over here please!

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
The user and all related content has been deleted.

Comments

• Why do you blame God? Why do you expect your life to be always looking bright?

These are just questions.

Father Peter
  • Hey please read this...HG Bishop Youssef answers your question =]
    http://www.suscopts.org/q&a/index.php?qid=660&catid=389
    God be with you
  • So many of David's psalms are filled with discussions about his trials and tribulations - and David was the man after God's heart. David never doubted God's existence or gave up because he knew God would deliver him in the end. So don't worry, God has a plan and it will all be worth it =)
  • I recommend reading the book of Habbakuk in the old testament.
    you may find that you can relate.
    You know christianity doesn't guarentee a worry free life but God does bless you when you overcome your hardships. And yes it's hard to remain optimistic when one bad thing happens after another and you can't see anything good. I think it might help keeping yourself busy with something that gives back. When you focus more on helping someone, you shift the focus off yourself and your issues and find someone else who may be struggling even more than you. You may even find contentment after. This is just some advice that I think may help.
  • things always get worse before they get better bro.

think of your life as a bouncy ball. your going down and down and down until you hit the ground. hitting the ground is like hitting rock bottom. but what happens to the ball once it has contacted the ground? does it burrow down deeper and deeper? no. it comes back up, higher than it was before. in the same way, if your life seems to be getting worse and worse, and you feel that you have hit your lowest point, it is all part of God's plan, and remember that he will take care of you, and remember that you're life WILL eventually get better and better and even better than it was before, but only if you don't stray from Him, because if you leave Him while you're down, then how will he pick you back up??

God Bless,
    Pray for me,
    Chris 
  • Even Job went through this.

Job 30:20-23:

“I cry out to You, but You do not answer me;
          I stand up, and You regard me.
    But You have become cruel to me;
          With the strength of Your hand You oppose me.
    You lift me up to the wind and cause me to ride on it;
          You spoil my success.
    For I know that You will bring me to death,
          And to the house appointed for all living."

Job said these words to God. But think about the story of Job. Job said to the Lord, "With the strength of your hand you oppose me." But was it really God who inflicted Job's troubles on him?

That's the habit you want to get into. When things happen, blame Satan, because that's his attempt to separate you from God via your troubles. When you blame God and question his existence, you're letting Satan win that battle. But this world may not even be around today if it wasn't for God's hand.
  • some lovely words here.
    anyone feeling down should read the link by anba youssef posted by abounasarecool.
    may God give strength to all who struggle to come close to Him.
    if anyone is still struggling, please continue to post here and we will continue to pray.
    we all struggle sometimes.
    may God guide us
    :)
  • "my peace i give to you, my peace i leave with you. Not as the world gives do i give unto you . . . "
    ^ God gives you HIS peace, not worldly peace.
    and you should never need more than that.
    I think maybe you need to redefine your idea of a good life, and reconstruct it more around God, and less around the world....