Listening to the Quran

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Is that wrong to listen to it? I was on a youtube video and it was in arabic (ie didn't understand a thing), but I was told to turn it off.... What's wrong with it? I mainly listen to it because it's nostalgic... of Egypt...

Comments

• I would not listen to it.

Would you listen to something in Arabic if you knew it was constant obscenities, or was the worship of Satan, or was abusing your mother? Even if you didn't understand it?

What we listen to gets into our heads and memories, and outside of comparative studies we should not allow the words of the Koran to find a way into our hearts and memories. There are almost unlimited amounts of Christian material in Arabic, by Copts and other Orthodox Christians, I would listen to that if you want to hear Arabic spoken.

Father Peter
  • It might/will destroy your soul by listening to it!
  • sodr2, my wife has a friend that is muslim, I refuse to go to their house and told my wife she is not allowed in ours. The only reason I allow my wife over to their house is because she is her own person and will learn in time why I do what I do. This might be extreme but I cannot trust anyone who adheres to such a demonic religion, even if they dont know anything about it. I cannot trust them. It is a demonic religion.
  • You are basically telling Satan to come into ur house and have some tea with you , when you listen to things like that.
  • I would not listen to it.

Would you listen to something in Arabic if you knew it was constant obscenities, or was the worship of Satan, or was abusing your mother? Even if you didn't understand it?

What we listen to gets into our heads and memories, and outside of comparative studies we should not allow the words of the Koran to find a way into our hearts and memories. There are almost unlimited amounts of Christian material in Arabic, by Copts and other Orthodox Christians, I would listen to that if you want to hear Arabic spoken.

Truly outstanding words!  Thank you Father for making such a straightforward comment.
  • Arabic is a horrible language too. Anyone remember the whole cutting out the tongues of children for speaking OUR language? Do you remember reading about being forced by this horrible satanic religion to speak its satanic language?

Things a Koran is good for:
    1. Firewood
    2. Toilet Paper
    3. Cleaning up spills
    4. Playing football
    5. Making videos on different ways to destroy it, then posting it on youtube
    6. Portable bathroom
    7. Paper for rolling cigarettes, if smoking is your thing
    8. Laughing at
    9. Giving to Mormons and JW's
    10. Portable Bathroom

FACT: the language spoken in hell, is arabic.
  • ionnes, lol. I would advice you not to visit Egypt. Lol. Your words are true though. But we should try not to insult those people because they have been tricked and brainwashed into something ridiculous. We should pray for these people.
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=9489.msg116940#msg116940 date=1279866735]
    Is that wrong to listen to it? I was on a youtube video and it was in arabic (ie didn't understand a thing), but I was told to turn it off.... What's wrong with it? I mainly listen to it because it's nostalgic... of Egypt...

ya3ny there isn't enough coptic hymns out there...or greek, or syriac or any other orthodox (or even catholic) church hymns.....or all the arabic (COUNTLESS) arabic taranim .... or even english protestants christian songs out there to listen to...you now wanna listen to quraan......

I am totally serious......feed your mind with things that will get you to the right place.....
  • so...general consensus is that listening to the quran is bad?  :D

its not something that i usually do anyways, i was just wondering why my parents didnt like it and now i see why.

Ioannes, Pope Shenouda said that any insult against Islam goes against the teachings of Christ

edit: i forgot to ask... in egypt almost every place, restaurants, streets they play the quran...so?
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=9489.msg117019#msg117019 date=1280005396]
    edit: i forgot to ask... in egypt almost every place, restaurants, streets they play the quran...so?

we are FORCED to be listening to that.....the government is not really that lenient towards our own beliefs even thoo we just ask for equality.
  • [quote author=Ioannes link=topic=9489.msg117004#msg117004 date=1279980048]
    Arabic is a horrible language too. Anyone remember the whole cutting out the tongues of children for speaking OUR language? Do you remember reading about being forced by this horrible satanic religion to speak its satanic language?

Things a Koran is good for:
    1. Firewood
    2. Toilet Paper
    3. Cleaning up spills
    4. Playing football
    5. Making videos on different ways to destroy it, then posting it on youtube
    6. Portable bathroom
    7. Paper for rolling cigarettes, if smoking is your thing
    8. Laughing at
    9. Giving to Mormons and JW's
    10. Portable Bathroom

FACT: the language spoken in hell, is arabic.

How strange, since it is the language that many of our saints speak/spoke..
    I think Arabic is a  beautiful language, and btw, remember when muslims destroyed Buddha statues because they found them 'demonic', or what about people who'd like to see Ancient Pharaonic temples destroyed because they remind them of a heathen religion..
    Wo, I just can't believe what poeple on this site are saying..
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=9489.msg116940#msg116940 date=1279866735]

Most coptic Christians listen to Abd Il Halim or Oum Khalsoum songs to remind them of Egypt... but why would you listen to the Quran for?

Which part would you like repeated?

"Find and kill the kafirs wherever you may find them"?

Do you miss listening to this??

You know something SOD?? If I may call u that? We are SO different you and I.

There was ONLY ONE good thing about being forced to listen to the Quran when I was in Egypt: and that was it made me pray silently (Our Father Prayer) in my head rather than hear a word of it.

That was the ONLY good thing about being forced to listen to the Quran in Egypt.

Dude, if you like Egypt that much, you are there. If you want to listen to it to remind you of where you are actually living then you need a map, not a quran.

• Yet again Zoxsasi beats me to the punch line.
  • Lol, same here, i was gonna make a funny. LOl.

But seriously sod, don't make it a habit to listen to the Quran, actually don't listen to it at all, i don't think there is much more to say. Everybody has already said what i am repeating here. It's very dangerous, trust me, i heard some of it on youtube and i was like "WOW, this is so beautiful" then you start doubting your faith. It is very dangerous and when you do this act you invite the devil into your house.