The Coptic Calendar

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Ever wondered where we got the Coptic Calendar from?

Ever wanted to know why the Coptic Church celebrates Christmas on a different date than most of the world?

Ever tried to figure out how the date of Easter is calculated?

???

If you answered yes to any of the questions above, then your curiostiy shall be satisfied!

Check out the new article on copticheritage.org on the Coptic Calendar!

http://www.copticheritage.org/PagEd+index-page_id-828.phtml

;)

Comments

• [quote author=Biboboy link=board=4;threadid=3215;start=0#msg47652 date=1139587390]
    Ever wondered where we got the Coptic Calendar from?

the COPTIC Calender is the egyption calender that our fathers have created according to the flood of the nile and other weather condetions. like for example u hear our egys parents say wait for Amshir to get rain. because amshir is the month that the most rain comes in, in egypt of course.

Ever wanted to know why the Coptic Church celebrates Christmas on a different date than most of the world?

We celebrate christmas on the 29 of kiahk. i cant rember which hebraw month exactly that would be. but it's all in the "doxoleia" which is the book that have ALL our rites dogmaes in the church.

Ever tried to figure out how the date of Easter is calculated?

the majer way to calculate easte feast is it would be the week after the passover of the jews. it must not be with their passover or before it.

• Actually, I wasn't asking the questions as questions... I was directing everyone to a link that has an article on the calendar ;D
  • lol ;D

amazing article biboboy, shokran very keteer ;)
  • Found it.. Very good.. Thanks for this.. Just what I need, for my presentation in school.. When I asked for this, I got deleted :(

• Please remove the spam links from your signature or I will have to remove this post as well.