My Uncle

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hello...
I Truly need your help I never thought of being in that kinda situation
Well,Im 16*Female*and this happened on Friday,My Whole Family Lives right beside us*Uncle,Aunt,3 Cousins*
So,There was nobody home without my 10year old Cousin Me And her Father,My Little cousin went to the Bathroom and he stood beside me and touched my Breast saying:"This is very nice"He wanted to pull me to The Kitchen but I said No and went outside.
Thats not the first time he touches me there was a earlier time 4 years ago and there was another time few months ago...
Should I Tell it to My Dad?
I Thought of writing him a Letter,But you know i didnt want to brake family..:(

Comments

• feel free to send me a message (we can chat privately if u want)
    coz its often complicated.
    may God guide and protect u.
  • OK Look: this is what you need to do:

a) ANYONE who touches you like that, you should slap them. REALLY hard. Tell them to respect themselves.
    b) YOU MUST tell your mother.

Finally, here's a message from the Bible:

If your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off. If your uncle causes you to sin, don't worry about cutting him off.

Also:

"He who loves his father, mother, brother , sister (uncle) MORE than me - is not worthy of me."

To love ANYONE more than Christ, it means you must live in the darkness to be their friend, or relation. Christ is the light, and we should live in the light, and bring our relationships IN the LIGHT.
    Furthermore, if you KEEP it in the dark, its a sin. You MUST bring this in the LIGHT.

So, literally, for the love of God, stay away from your Uncle!

Don't worry about causing division - your uncle has already done that by his actions.

But YOU MUST tell your mother this!!!!!

I just spoke to a Church councilor for you, and they advised the EXACT same thing.

Finally, this is not complicated. Its very simple. You are NOT alone in this. Many people suffer the same problem. Forget the term complicated. Be STRAIGHT FORWARD. Whatever has happened to you, you must not keep it a secret to the point your mother doesn't know.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Yes, this is very serious. Definitely talk to your father of confession and he will help you know what to do.
  • [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=9501.msg117040#msg117040 date=1280091161]
    OK Look: this is what you need to do:
    a) ANYONE who touches you like that, you should slap them. REALLY hard. Tell them to respect themselves.

whats wrong with you? If you believe this, then all the times youve said "forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us" were in vain

• I agree with Zoxsasi and all the other advices, plus if you cannot slap just scream immediately till you alarm all the house including your neighbors and make him clearly understand he must stop annoying you. If you ask it here it's because you do not accept this but if it gets more serious it's equivalent to rape, God forbid. Yes, you must tell your parents asap asking their help then speak with your Father of confession.

May the Lord protect you and solve this situation.
    GBU
  • what you are doing is very wise to take time to make sure you make the right choice... and screaming wouldn't help, it was only you and him, if anything worse outcome could have happened!

here is what you can do...

find a day everyone is home... and talk to your uncle privately... and tell him, I dont want to ruin this family and ruin you... hence why I chose to speak you to you privately, what you did was inappropriate, it is illegal, and I dont feel comfortable with it, by this time he will start apologizing... tell him you will forgive him, but he does something like this again, you will not only inform your parents, but also inform the police!

and vany2010... I must say I really admire your wisdom of taking time to think before you act... this is very considerate of you not to ruin a whole family, and react speedily!

also pray for him, and pray for your protection, and the protection of the girls that are not able to fight such people, and their pride is taken away from them!

neshkor Allah, akhadna el baraka!
  • Vany,

If he has touched you in any indescent or sexual way, this consistutes molesting. You have rights. You have rights as a minor, and rights as a human being. Slapping someone when they molest you isn't anti-Christian as Sodr2 is making out.

Forgiveness doesn't come into this situation.

In fact, the sooner you stop this, the easier it will be to forgive him. What if this continues and he becomes more perverted ?? and does things more than what he has done now? The more you keep silent and do nothing, the harder it will be to forgive.

Also, I don't think this involves abouna - it depends on the relationship you have with your abouna. If your priest is really like a good friend and you trust him for advice, then OK.. but for me, I see this as a domestic problem, and I see a priest for spiritual problems (where I have sinned). You are basically going up to a priest and telling him the sins of others.

The next time anyone touches you in a way you do not like, SLAP THEM!  HARD!!

This isn't just child molestation, this is abuse of power and authority.

If someone touches you in a way you do not like, or treats you in a way you do not like, you have allowed them to do so by not saying anything. Bring this out in the open as far as possible.

• the kid is ten, just some hormones flaring he doesn't know what he is doing, and i am guessing by your reaction that you did not make it clear to him that what he did is wrong and wont be tolerated so how should he know?
    next time he does it make it clear to him that this is wrong, and tell one of his parents RIGHT when it happens, with a little discipline he won't even think about doing it again haha... and i'm pretty sure you wont brake your family apart by doing this.....
  • LOL cop, her uncle touched her, not her little cousin. But hahaha when you read the sentence again it does sound like it was the cousin
  • ohhh in that case follow everyone else's suggestions on the forum, and he will get his.