St marys fast

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
since rejoice o mar is the annual adam aspasmos and o lord god of hosts is watos. during the fast AND feast of st mary would we sing all week rejoice o mary or do the rites not change?

thanx in advance

Comments

• [quote author=Crazy4Christ1 link=topic=9434.msg116286#msg116286 date=1278653819]
    since rejoice o mar is the annual adam aspasmos and o lord god of hosts is watos. during the fast AND feast of st mary would we sing all week rejoice o mary or do the rites not change?

thanx in advance

the aspasmos adam for the feast is still the same, [coptic]Ounof `mmo[/coptic]. but for wates, there is another one: [coptic]`Anok nim[/coptic]
  • Just for the feast day and not the fast right?

and another question. i didnt want to create a new topic for the apostles feast is it joyfull tune or annual?
  • it's annual, but i think it's too late now, lol
  • The joyful tune is reserved solely for the Feast Days that relate to Our Lord and Saviour, mainly:  the 7 Major, the 7 Minor, the Feasts of the Cross, and the Nayrooz Festal Season (since it relates to God as the Source of Grace and Prosperity in every day).

Sorry, I forgot the Day 29 Feast as it is celebrated in the given accepted months, thus relating to Christ as a Commemorative of the Annunciation, Nativity, and Resurrection.
  • there is no "festive" or "annual" tune for the aspasmoses. text only differs for the sake of the tune not the opposite.
  • i agree.  I was replying to post replies #2 & #3 above, not the original post.