Question

soso
edited December 1969 in Random Issues
When it's the time of month and girls can't take communionn are they allowed to have some baraka and kiss abouna's hand? Also are they allowed to help with setting kids up for communion?

Comments

• [quote author=so link=topic=9266.msg114689#msg114689 date=1274555764]
    When it's the time of month and girls can't take communionn are they allowed to have some baraka and kiss abouna's hand? Also are they allowed to help with setting kids up for communion?

yeah. of course. there is nothing hat can keep them away from their service.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wait a second... girls cant take communion while their on their period??
  • yes. as far as i can see it's not a rule that's followed in all the orthodox churches, but it is in ours, and so it's important we follow it in order to submit to the fathers of the church.
    God blesses the obedient servant as much He blesses those who are able to take the Holy Communion, so we don't actually loose out.
    also some people i know pray and God alters their cycle so they are not on their periods when going to mass.

there are 2 reasons why we have this rule, it's partly because you shouldn't take Holy Communion while vomiting or bleeding and partly because it's harder for women to fast while bleeding (it can make you a bit thirsty). this is also why women don't take Holy Communion straight away after childbirth, they are bleeding and breastfeeding. i know i wouldn't like to fast 9 hours when loosing fluid!
  • its also practiced in our church too. but in our church girls don't ask about it coz its culture to the society [coptic][/coptic]
  • we can ask here, because God wants us to worship Him with understanding, not because we feel we have to.
    if u can't take communion for this reason, God will still bless u in the mass. u can still repent from yr sins during mass, worship God, learn from the Bible readings and the sermon, and take the opportunity to serve others.
    if u accept the rules God has passed down through the church and count it more important to be obedient than to do things your way, then God gives u a special blessing  :)