Pope Kyrillos VI

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
I read that his body is still intact after they opened his coffin recently (I've also heard that it was opened an earlier time as well). And that they found an orbana that was still warm. Is this a confirmed miracle? Any opinions? And just a question: why would they open his coffin?

I have some pictures of this from an email (anyone care to translate?):

"> *الصورة المرفقة هي معجزة جديدة للبابا كرلس السادس (الرئيس الاعلى
> للكنيسة القبطية الأرثودكسية) الذي إنتقل الى السموات منذ حوالي 36
> سنة ولا يزال جسده سليما كما هو واضح في الصورة .
> (من آمن بي ولو مات فسيحيا ) يوحنا 11 :25 ، ( لأنك لن تترك نفسي في
> الهاوية . لن تدع تقيك يرى فسادا) مزمور 10:16
>
> ومنذ إنتقاله فهو يشفع في المؤمنين في كافة أنحاء العالم ومن مختلف
> الاديان ويجري الرب على يديه الكثير من معجزات الشفاء وغيرها.
>
> صلواته وشفاعاته تكون مع جميعنا. آميـــــــــن>> >
>
> منذ يومين تم فتح الصندوق الموجود فيه جسد البابا كيرلس السادس
> ...
> ووجدوا الجسد كاملا صحيحا وفى يديه ( قربانة سخنة ) ... > > >
> لم يكن
> العالم مستحقا لهم تائهين فى براري وجبال ومغاير وشقوق >الأرض >
> فهؤلاء كلهم مشهودا لهم بالإيمان لم ينالوا الموعد إذ سبق الله
> >> >فنظر لنا شيئا أفضل لكي لا يُكمَلوا بدوننا. لذلك نحن أيضا
> إذ
> لنا سحابة من الشهود مقدار هذهِ محيطة بنا > >لنطرح كل ثقل والخطية
> >> > المحيطة بنا بسهولة ولنحاضر بالصبر فى الجهاد >الموضوع أمامنا*
> * >>>ناظرين إلي رئيس الإيمان ومكمله يسوع .... ( عب 11 : 38 )*"

Comments

• This is a fraud that happened a few years ago, this is not HH pope kyrillos.
  • Really...

You saw these pictures before? I also wonder if it is a fraud, what the bishop in the first picture is doing.
  • I confirm that this is a fraud. one of the bishops spoke about it a while ago when this became famous. ALSO, we have pictures of the pope being buried and these pics do not fit what we have.
  • If, as you so unhesitatingly say, its a fraud, what is going on? Is it a man who looks like the late pope pretending to be dead or what?
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=9294.msg114861#msg114861 date=1275287984]
    I confirm that this is a fraud. one of the bishops spoke about it a while ago when this became famous. ALSO, we have pictures of the pope being buried and these pics do not fit what we have.

Circa?
  • From what I heard its actually a photo of another bishop taken on the day of his funeral - no relation to Pope Kyrillos at all.

PFM
  • [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=9294.msg114865#msg114865 date=1275296816]
    [quote author=minagir link=topic=9294.msg114861#msg114861 date=1275287984]
    I confirm that this is a fraud. one of the bishops spoke about it a while ago when this became famous. ALSO, we have pictures of the pope being buried and these pics do not fit what we have.

Circa?

[quote author=aidan link=topic=9294.msg114864#msg114864 date=1275292311]
    If, as you so unhesitatingly say, its a fraud, what is going on? Is it a man who looks like the late pope pretending to be dead or what?

i don't follow?!....what do the questions mean?
  • Who is in the coffin if it's a spoof and not the Pope?
  • [quote author=aidan link=topic=9294.msg114887#msg114887 date=1275341840]
    Who is in the coffin if it's a spoof and not the Pope?

I don't know....but we know it's NOT the POPE.
  • It doesn't even look like him.
  • I do not even think it is a bishop.  The vestments are not for a bishop (if you look closely).  I do not think there is an intentional hoax.  It's basically some dingbat who saw it and thought it looked like Pope Kyrillos VI.  Bp Youannis, had nothing to do with the moving of the body of Pope Kyrillos to the monastery.

The vestments are for a regular priest.  Some of the older priests used to wear mitres, similar to the appearance of the Bishops.  Pope Shenouda has over the last 10 years banned Hegumens wearing this mitre.  He has placed a proclamation for the bishops only.

The only time the coffin was opened was by the Reposed of Thrice Blessed memory:  Bishop Gregorious, who attested that the body was intact.  This was done at the transference of the Blessed remains from the Cathedral in Cairo to the crypt at St. Mina's Monastery in the Mairout.  It has not been removed from the crypt since that time.
  • Can someone put the picture up again please..
    I'd like to know more about this "Miracle"...