St. Micheals Eritrean Tewahdo Cinnicinati

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
Selam everyone,

Earlier this month, St. Michaels Church in Cinnicinati burnt down as the attatched url explains. 

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20100211/NEWS01/302100005/

It was a miracle that almost everything was burnt except the tabernacle( tabot) area.

Their Church is having a hard time starting again with a lot of their stuff being burnt and are asking for everyones prayers and any donations that people may have.
Here is the information for donating

1262 Manss Avenue, Cincinnati, OH 45205
May the Lords Will be done always and Glory be to His Name forever and ever
a sinner

Comments

• May God be with you and help you all to restore the Church. God works in mysterious ways and He'll always open doors where no one else can shut it.

Please pray for me
    In Christ
  • how is your church doing?
    may God rebuild and fill you with faith.

here is an update on the current eritrean situation for those who have been praying for the country generally:
    http://www.inchainsforchrist.org/
    there are several articles, including one documenting the closing of orthodox churches as priest are conscripted into the military.

may God give peace to all who call on Him in their time of trouble.
  • Can i just remond people on here from the UK that there a vigil outside the Eritrean Embassy in London (near the Angel tube station) between 3.00-4.00 pm on Thursday, 3 June. It has been organised by a coalition of reputable Christian human rights groups to highlight the situation in Eritrea. I think a few from the Oriental Church communities in the UK will be there standing alongside our other Christian bretheren to bring more light on the ongoing tragedy.
  • The key word is "few".  The Oriental Orthodox do not seem to do well in standing with each other.

Blessed is Abuna Antonious, Patriarch of the Eritrean Church.

• [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=8872.msg114778#msg114778 date=1274871410]
    The key word is "few".  The Oriental Orthodox do not seem to do well in standing with each other.

Blessed is Abuna Antonious, Patriarch of the Eritrean Church.

Ah, sorry, I did not mean the word few in a negative sense, I meant that those who are free and able to travel to the capital on the day (I am lucky enough that it is half-term) will be there, along with the other Christian groups that are attending.