Forgiveness and humbleness

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask something and I really need your honest answers. I've been always a very forgiving person and so humble, I like being simple and follow Christ's steps by being very humble, the last at everything and I ALWAYS forgive whoever hurts me and I always say that Christ asked us to forgive one another and love one another. But I always get hurt and people take advantage of me, fool me, and deceive me. Sometimes my friends call me weak and stupid for being forgiving and humble person. I want to know if it is really stupid of me for being simple, humble and forgiving person and why people these days understand this as being weak and stupid. I am starting to believe that I am really stupid and should do like everyone, lie, deceive, not forgive and take revenge whenever someone hurts me. Thanks for your answers and please pray for me.

Comments

• Wow, u are so amazing, i wish i attained ur level of humility,

but to answer your question; OF COURSE KEEP GOING WHEN PEOPLE START TO HURT UR FEELINGS THAT'S WHEN U KNOW IT'S WORKING.

this is just a test from God to see if you are really humble or you are just acting with everybody u see.

GBU
  • i think we all need to be more like abouna youstos:
    http://stmarycoptic.com/movies1.htm
    i know i am not humble. i used to think i was not bad until a kind colleague at work pointed out all my faults and was very accurate! we all need 'friends' like this sometimes!
    there are no episodes in the Bible where Jesus was unforgiving. He even forgave those who were crucifying Him, while He was pinned there suffering terrible pain AND had the weight of the world on His shoulders. that's humble.
  • I was just reading the book on salvation by Bishop K. Ware, and he states clearly that there is no salvation without forgiveness.

If I fail to forgive someone, then I've lost my salvation.

So, you are blessed to be able to forgive easily. However, I have some questions:

a) Do you forgive because you love Christ, or you hate conflict?
    b) Do you forgive because it is Christ's commandment, or you are forgiving because you hate conflict??

I guess both questions are the same, but there could be an issue that if you hate conflict, and you are forgiving, yet feel that you are being weak, it may mean that you have not really forgiven.

If I have forgiven someone, and someone tells me: Zoxsasi.. you're SO weak! You let people walk over you, I wouldnt care because I'd have prayed for God's Grace to help me forgive.

If you haven't prayed, or if you do not pray nor depend on God's Grace to help you forgive, then it is out of your own personal good nature that you have forgiven, and you will end up feeling perhaps weak.

It is important to depend on God, rather than your own "inherent Good nature" to forgive. When we depend on God , and ask Him to help us to forgive, then rather than look weak, we will be strong in front of everyone.

• really good point.
  • Thank you all for your answers.
    Zoxsasi, to answer your questions. Yes I do depend on God and pray about it and I am also doing out of love for Christ. I always treat everyone in my life as if I am treating Christ himself and that's why I forgive and I love everyone around me no matter they do to me, the way I look at people; I imagine if this is Christ Himself in front of me how would I treat Him and I've been like this through my whole life. I have the ability to pay back whoever hurt me but I just don't look at things that way, I look at it through Christ's Eyes but I don't it to avoid conflict or problems. But lately I've been hurt really bad by someone I trusted so much more than ever but I am never going to change the way I treat others and I just wanted to know if I am foolish or what :) But to be honest, I always feel God's grace with me in every bad situation I go through and I never felt guilty for letting go of my rights as a matter of fact, I feel blessed and I am sure that one day I will be rewarded for this either on earth or up in Heaven.

Please pray for me
  • Hey keep doing what you are doing bc you are doing the right thing.
    You are blessed because you are persecuted! What a privilege dude!
    (Matthew 5). This type of suffering is GREAT for your spiritual life =]
    keep suffering for Christ and with Him =]
    And keep doing what you are doing..Do not grow weary in doing good (Galatians 6:9)
    And keep carrying your cross and following Christ =]
    "Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 35 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it." (Mark 8)
    You have to carry your cross.
    Christianity is all about being different from the world.
    Do not follow the world or be conformed to it, but be connected to Christ.
    You are doing great by acting more like Him every day
    God bless you
  • [quote author=Abounasarecool link=topic=9239.msg114487#msg114487 date=1274145359]
    Hey keep doing what you are doing bc you are doing the right thing.
    You are blessed because you are persecuted! What a privilege dude!
    (Matthew 5). This type of suffering is GREAT for your spiritual life =]
    keep suffering for Christ and with Him =]
    And keep doing what you are doing..Do not grow weary in doing good (Galatians 6:9)
    And keep carrying your cross and following Christ =]
    "Whoever desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. 35 For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake and the gospel’s will save it." (Mark 8)
    You have to carry your cross.
    Christianity is all about being different from the world.
    Do not follow the world or be conformed to it, but be connected to Christ.
    You are doing great by acting more like Him every day
    God bless you

Thanks Abounasarecool,

I agree.
  • [quote author=tigi09 link=topic=9239.msg114436#msg114436 date=1273986933]
    I've been always a very forgiving person and so humble,

without starting an argument, i think someone is humble when they DO NOT say they are humble.. like if i say i am a humble person, i may actually be saying it out of pride, almost like "hey look at me, I'm so humble! look how humble i am! i do this and this and that because im so humble!"
    i really do not mean to offend you or anything, im just saying we all need to examine ourselves, to see who we really are.

please pray for me and my weakness
  • good point. i see from yr quote u love abouna youstos too!
    :)
  • [quote author=Marenhos Epchois link=topic=9239.msg114491#msg114491 date=1274154070]
    [quote author=tigi09 link=topic=9239.msg114436#msg114436 date=1273986933]
    I've been always a very forgiving person and so humble,

without starting an argument, i think someone is humble when they DO NOT say they are humble.. like if i say i am a humble person, i may actually be saying it out of pride, almost like "hey look at me, I'm so humble! look how humble i am! i do this and this and that because im so humble!"
    i really do not mean to offend you or anything, im just saying we all need to examine ourselves, to see who we really are.

please pray for me and my weakness

Easy Marenhoss,

You don't know what its like to be humble. I do, because I'm humble, and its extremely hard. LOL!!!

Come on my friend, you know what she means.. she's using the term "humble" to mean "easy going", NO ONE is humble other than Jesus Christ.
    When human beings use humble as an adjective, they tend to use it as a synonym for being "easy going".

No matter what anyone does, no matter what we give, even if its our life, we cannot compare this with the humility of Jesus Christ.
  • Thank you Zoxsasi for clarifying what I meant by being humble. Maybe I should have said something else other than humble. What I mean by being humble, like zoxsasi said, easy going, being simple, never get mad at anyone or get upset easily by anything that bothers me from what others do to me and I let go easy and don't make a big deal out of everything even hen people are not being fair to me.

I can't compare myself as unworthy person to Christ, I am just trying to act as his child and the way He told us to act and treat others by being the salt of the earth and not to act according to the world. But I've been seeing a lot of people around me in church are not acting as God's children (I am not judging anyone here) I am just saying that people call me fool even my own family for doing what I am doing. I am 100% convinced that I am doing the right thing here but I am just wondering why can't we call do this, why do we have to lie, hide and deceive others. But I am sure what I am doing is the right path because even through these hardships I am going through, I see God's grace in my life.
  • good work tigi09, keep it up  :)