Apitjeek Evol.... and chicken man

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
So does anyone have a good recording of apitjeek evol?

That is not ibrahim ayad

I love ibrahim ayad but after years of listening to him he starts to sound kinda like a chicken.....

A chicken that is good at alhan

Comments

• [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=9213.msg114219#msg114219 date=1273276493]
    So does anyone have a good recording of apitjeek evol?

That is not ibrahim ayad

I love ibrahim ayad but after years of listening to him he starts to sound kinda like a chicken.....

A chicken that is good at alhan

i still LOVE the guy even thoo he lost his voice. now he actually sounds like a decent muallem!!!
  • His old voice = Ma3lim!

new voice= CHICKEN MAN!!! :D

His sons sound sooo much better!
  • [quote author=abanoub2000 link=topic=9213.msg114221#msg114221 date=1273277047]
    His old voice = Ma3lim!

new voice= CHICKEN MAN!!! :D

His sons sound sooo much better!

ya habibi 3eeeeb
  • haha mashy i still stand by my chicken man claims though :D

In case anyone is actually paying attention to this thread the apitkeel evol part of the question is still open for answers :D
  • he doesnt sound like a chicken man...he's just beginning to sound like one of those old ma3lims
  • yo...i saw chicken man the other day!! i was chillin outside the cathedral in cairo and he parked his car in the parking lot beside me ..i was like :D
  • LUCKY!!! I want the chicken man to park beside me :(
  • Guys show a little respect, the voice doesn't mean anything.
  • i agree, there needs to be some more respect here... anyhow, where can  i hear his "new voice" ? i havent heard any of his recent recordings... anyone please share?
  • [quote author=coptic pharaoh link=topic=9213.msg114245#msg114245 date=1273434170]
    i agree, there needs to be some more respect here... anyhow, where can  i hear his "new voice" ? i havent heard any of his recent recordings... anyone please share?

Palm Sunday set was recorded recently....say 3-4 years ago:
    Evlogimenos - Long by Ibrahim Ayad
  • The file 'Apeet Jek Evol.mp3' (5.5 MB) is available for download at
    <http://dropbox.unl.edu/uploads/20100516/94efb6d8a845343f/Apeet Jek Evol.mp3&gt;
    for the next 7 days.
    It will be removed after Sunday, May 16, 2010.
  • [quote author=Crazy4Christ1 link=topic=9213.msg114252#msg114252 date=1273442371]
    The file 'Apeet Jek Evol.mp3' (5.5 MB) is available for download at
    <http://dropbox.unl.edu/uploads/20100516/94efb6d8a845343f/Apeet Jek Evol.mp3&gt;
    for the next 7 days.

ohhhhhh....that's wageh. Nice recording.
  • [quote author=Crazy4Christ1 link=topic=9213.msg114252#msg114252 date=1273442371]
    The file 'Apeet Jek Evol.mp3' (5.5 MB) is available for download at
    for the next 7 days.

YAY someone answered the actual question :D

Crazyforchrist.... iam crazy for you!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ibrahim ayad?
  • [quote author=DimyanCoptic link=topic=9213.msg114259#msg114259 date=1273451135]
    Anyone have a picture of him?

youtube video posted before....
  • or you can addd his son on facebook and stalk his family photos like i do :D

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=100000367579781&ref=ts
  • Ibrahim Ayad is only a Reader by level, but he is known as the popes deacon/cantor.
  • I think the black is because he graduated from el eklirkaya (clerical college)

so quick question, what makes someone a Cantor and not a deacon?
  • Cantor is just a title given to well known deacons/teachers, every person who has an actual rank is part of the deaconate regardless of being called a cantor or not. There isn't a separation between the two, you don't stop being a deacon if you are a cantor and if you are a cantor most likely you are a deacon.
  • BTW, jydeacon, ithink he is now a sub-deacon instead of a reader.

He dresses in black because he TEACHES in the ekklerekia and not because he graduated from it.

to add to wat John said, a cantor's main role in church is to lead hymns and teach them. In Egypt, this is still going on: their job is a church cantor that they get paid for and do similar things within that range of ability.

A deacon doesn't necessarily do all of this.