Prayer for Baptisms

edited December 1969 in Prayer Requests
Please remember Neil and Sue as they are baptised into the British Orthodox Church on Wednesday 28th April, and for me as I baptise them.

And also for Keith who is being baptised into the British Orthodox Church on 2nd May.

Father Peter

Comments

• The angels rejoice for another has taken on the Name of Christ, the Savior of the World.

No greater ministry is there for a priest than to uphold, and offer the Seven Holy Mysteries.

This is why priests are so special.  They deserve the highest esteem.
  • Both yourself Fr. Peter and the three to be Baptised will be remembered in my Prayers.

• praying for you all
    :D
  • Excellent news. They are all in my prayers, may God continue to bless them with His grace and love.
  • The baptisms and marriage went very well indeed. It was a great blessing.

Many thanks for those who prayed.

Father Peter
  • [quote author=peterfarrington link=topic=9157.msg113800#msg113800 date=1272307072]
    Please remember Neil and Sue as they are baptised into the British Orthodox Church on Wednesday 28th April, and for me as I baptise them.

And also for Keith who is being baptised into the British Orthodox Church on 2nd May.

Father Peter

Wonderful news!!!!!!

What's their story? How did they come to know the Orthodox Church?

God bless them, and help them to be good witnesses and children of God.
  • I can say that they are from a recent protestant background, have been interested in Orthodoxy for a while, had some mixed experiences, but seem to have felt at home as soon as they found the British Orthodox Church.

They will need to share more of their story if they choose. I don't know if they visit here,

Father Peter
  • just curious, but how do you actually go about baptizing an adult? i assume they dont take off there clothes so what happens exactly? ive only ever seen baptisms of babies and not adults? can someone explain?
  • [quote author=egyboy link=topic=9157.msg113967#msg113967 date=1272654438]
    just curious, but how do you actually go about baptizing an adult? i assume they dont take off there clothes so what happens exactly? ive only ever seen baptisms of babies and not adults? can someone explain?

It is still by immersion. They may wear clothes.