GIRLS' ANSWERS REQUESTED!!

2»

Comments

• I think it's high time some people learned to respect each other.

It's absurd - this whole "men vs. women" scrap this thread has degenerated into. Nice to see we're all feeling mature.
  • OP refers to original post. I also second Joe's sentiment. Topics like this are why numerous posters have left the site
  • Hi. i'm not really struggling with this issue right now for some reasons:
    I try not to dwell on it; obedience is good (big struggle however!) and in my church right now, normally
    i don't wear a veil except for communion, which is what my mom does, not wearing a veil except
    the one time we were the only and first ones in the small church. The reason is normally to cover crown of hair in front of the altar, maybe. For communion, digestive problems are also a reason not to take, but that you can find someone to explain in a way that will work, I was somewhat struggling with this and being disappointed. Anyways, to tell you the truth i am lazy and do not do many chores normally. When I am busy with school I don't do much at all. I am the older but i think when my brother grows up, he won't do the dishes, for example. He will do other things if I have anything to add (lol). The kitchen of my current church is never complete without a Dr. who is a man and gets it all set up alongside others. When we clean the church kitchen floor teenage brothers help to sweep (we have a very small church in this part of the midwest). Over all, the 3aeib mentallity is culture and i don't stand for it-- many Coptics don't especially in other countries.That is okay; you don't have to agree! Just do the best possible with as much grace as possible. If at home, you are helping your mom. You can be proud of this. I am sure you are older than me because i'm not in college yet, but I am a girl as well. Don't stand for an attitude you don't like (i certainly don't), and this work that your doing is a blessing because it's service (which is what I hear of in church, too)... it is hard
    but possible: each person has their own method
  • [quote author=yousiegtennis link=topic=9017.msg113317#msg113317 date=1271367983]
    [quote author=sodr2 link=topic=9017.msg113207#msg113207 date=1271189056]
    so you know what, i'll be complaining that it is women who are the lazy gender just in families alone...dont even get me started on what women have "contributed" to society

[quote author=sodr2 link=topic=9017.msg113314#msg113314 date=1271364439]
    i never said women were lazy in general

hahahahahahahahahahaha

<_<

i said regarding relationships, women are lazier compared to men...but then you even resort to insulting me instead of refuting any of what i said...i wouldnt be surprised if you was a feminist...ok NOW this is my last post  :D
  • Dear yousiegtennis,

Christ is risen!

I am here in my house with my children. My wife is working tonight and I am looking after the children, and I will try to tidy the house so that when my wife comes home she does not find a mess.

Let me be honest about myself. Generally, I am not as supportive in housework as my wife deserves. It is always easy to find reasons why what I am doing is more important than helping her. Sometimes what I am doing IS more important, but often it is not. This is something I am working on as a weakness and even a sin. I hope I am better than I was, and I hope I will get better.

But on the other hand, so that you do not believe that all men are indeed lazy, my father could not be more hard-working in my parents home. He does most of the housework, and diy, and since my parents foster children he also takes care of looking after them much of the time as well. Indeed he finds it hard to sit down and do nothing.

I don't want to suggest who is more normal. I can only say that I am aware that I need to do more in the house, and I am trying to do so. I would say that the majority of people who keep my little church clean are men, and the person who guides our poor efforts is a woman.

I would ask that all contributors to this thread hesitate before posting generalisations and sterotypical comments about men or women. It would be more fruitful to consider how domestic service in the home can be a means of serving God, and how we deal (whether men or women) with aspects of our lives which seem unfair to us. I am often drawn to consider the life of Brother Lawrence, a Catholic saint, who lived and served almost un-noticed in the monastery kitchen, often doing the dishes, but whose life was transformed by his humility such that the important people in the monastery were completely surprised that important people outside the monastery were coming to visit and receive spiritual advice from the dish washer.

Father Peter