What is the US position on the persecution of the Coptic church?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Ekristos Aneseti every one!!!
I have a very simple question that comes up to mind everytime.
The US is 100% behind the government and state of Israel.
When  the matter is concerning Christian persecution in Egypt,the US turns a blind eye.Why is that? What strategic or political interest are they going to lose by demanding justice for the persecuted people if they are bankrolling the Egyptian government with aid money? Does it not have at least a moral obligation as a Christian country with a superpower to do something that alleviates the sufferings of the prevalent persecutions?? What are we doing wrong to get the USA on the side of the truth?
Anyone has ideas?

Agapy!

Comments

• (Correct me if I am wrong) I think that Jesus Christ our God and savior is premitting it to happen! That is why He is not allowing other's to interfere! As you can see from history, when the church is at peace with no outside persecution the enemies of the church will manifest and attack the church within -when emperror Constantine became Christian and the arise of Arus the heretic! In addition who shall we trust, man? or God? This is also represented in history when Israel (the chosen people of God) trusted man more than God during war or battles, and God delivered them into the hands of the enemy whom they trusted -Babylon, Syria, but as a loving God delivered them from their enemies. There is a sermon done by Heg. Fr. Athanasius Iskander! God bless you and everone else. Please pray for me.

Political Demonstration--Trusting in God or in man
      http://www.stmaryscopticorthodox.ca/media_sermons/sermons_other/sermons_other.html
  • [quote author=Servant of Jesus Christ link=topic=9091.msg113020#msg113020 date=1270778944]
    (Correct me if I am wrong) I think that Jesus Christ our God and savior is premitting it to happen! That is why He is not allowing other's to interfere! As you can see from history, when the church is at peace with no outside persecution the enemies of the church will manifest and attack the church within -when emperror Constantine became Christian and the arise of Arus the heretic! In addition who shall we trust, man? or God? This is also represented in history when Israel (the chosen people of God) trusted man more than God during war or battles, and God delivered them into the hands of the enemy whom they trusted -Babylon, Syria, but as a loving God delivered them from their enemies. There is a sermon done by Heg. Fr. Athanasius Iskander! God bless you and everone else. Please pray for me.

Political Demonstration--Trusting in God or in man
      http://www.stmaryscopticorthodox.ca/media_sermons/sermons_other/sermons_other.html

Thank you for your comments.I do agree with you on the spritual part,but how do we explain it secular terms? anyone?
  • Simply:  The US Government does not care.
  • Ahahah! ilovesaintmark, that was really simple and streightforward! I totally agree! God bless everyone please pray for me.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9091.msg113273#msg113273 date=1271296804]
    Simply:  The US Government does not care.

Oh gosh!That they do not care is clear to me. I asked what we are doing wrong so as not to get the same attention they are giving to the jews?

• The US Government does not care about Christians.  It is not fashionable.  They bleed love for everyone else.
  • So why do they care for the Jews? Is that fashionable?
  • Jews are not in fashion, currently, Islam is.

There is a rift between the US and Israel to a certain extent right now.
  • Yeah! So we should pray more that peace falls on Israel and all the muslim countries. Because once America (and NATO) stops supporting Israel, then most-likely a war might occur. God bless everone please pray for me.
  • so no one knows what we are doing wrong to attract the attention of the sole superpower to support our cause?
  • [quote author=Mozes link=topic=9091.msg113350#msg113350 date=1271385443]
    so no one knows what we are doing wrong to attract the attention of the sole superpower to support our cause?

We already have THE superpower supporting our cause...
  • [quote author=Godislove260 link=topic=9091.msg113451#msg113451 date=1271525588]
    [quote author=Mozes link=topic=9091.msg113350#msg113350 date=1271385443]
    so no one knows what we are doing wrong to attract the attention of the sole superpower to support our cause?

We already have THE superpower supporting our cause...

hahaha, true that! I think I would keep on lobbying THE never failing Superpower :)
  • I believe in the comfort and protection of the Almighty God.  I do not put trust in the United States Government.
  • they care about the jews because of the $, thats it.
    They only wake up when we have a protest or anything, they never support us or anything.
  • They are not supporting too many Jews right now.  They are supporting the other side of the Semitic fence.
  • If the US approach is anything like the British Government's one, they are ignoring it to keep on the good side of Egypt.
    As Egypt is an ally nation in what most of the western powers see as a turbulent part of the world, no matter what they do, they will be praised for their commitment to human Rights.

After the tradegy of Nag hammadi this year, we in the UK petitioned our Foreign Office to confront Egypt about their persecution and ignorance to crime against our Coptic brothers in Egypt, to which we were told that "The UK praises the Government in Egypt on it's ongoing commitment to Human Rights" which to us meant that they do not want to criticise Egypt for what it is doing to keep British interests in the area.
    It is shameful and inhuman, but unfortunately it is politics.