Questioning God....

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I've been concerned with this for quite a while now and each day the question seems to be getting harder and harder to answer...sometimes in our lives we go through so many things and at times we feel as though "God is picking on us". And though we find out that later on everything is done for our benefits, u cant help questioning why things happen. I've never questioned God before but I've doubted many times, but then a death accured in my family that made me go crazy....this was a looooong time ago, wen i was lyk 7 but till this day i cant find an answer as to y this person died (a yr old child) and i hate knowing that i'm questioning God, but I'm just real confoosed. If u guys know how i can prevent myself from questioning God and wut the reason could have possibly been, post away! lolx...(plz i dont want any1 2 feel sorry for me or nething like that...i've just been real concerned with this ) thanx a lot!

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*

Comments

• Well, we may never know why God does things, but we always have to trust that He does what's best for us. And maybe the death of the child was not necessarily a direct contemplation for you. It might've had some sort of spiritual significance to one of your family members, it could've brought them closer to God. We shouldn't really question God, even though it is really tempting, because he is infinite and unlimited, but we are limited in our minds and space.
    One way you cant prevent yourself from questioning God is thinking, "If I question my God, then how much more will I question myself." We need to see our goal, we need to look straight ahead the path that we are on. Once we start looking at the other paths, we will find ourselves, without even knowing it, straying from the path that we are on, or at least losing sight of our goal. If we question God or ourselves, we will not be sure that we are on the right path, nor will be absolutely sure of God's every choice in our life. Sorry if I didn't really answer your question...
  • I understand what ur saying, but dont u ever find it difficult not to be angry @ God, or even questioning him for that matter? I try not to question the matter as much as I can, but shooshoo (wut aboona Sorial calls the devil) keeps putting up the "why this why that"in my head and I just dunno how to get rid of it...

• understand what ur saying, but dont u ever find it difficult not to be angry @ God, or even questioning him for that matter

um.. yea... same problemo here... help if possible...
  • Don't get me wrong, of course it's hard, it's easier said than done. Unfortunately, I dont' really have much to say, but questioning God is like questioning His abilities. Once we start questioning His abilities, we start questioning His divinity. I really can't think of anything to do to stop questioning or being angry at Him. Have you tried talking to your abouna? I'm sure He'll have a much, much better answer than mine, if you can even consider this an answer...
  • yay! :) I'm not the only person going thru this....not that I'm happy going thru it but its nice to know someone out there feels me...

• ok, there is a difference between getting angry at God and questioning Him. u should not question, questioning gets u no where, and if u start questioning god, you could start questioning ur faith, which is not good.

however, u could get angry at him. i myself have yelled at God several times. u will tell me thats wrong. ill tell u this, u r supposed to be friends with God, and u argue and yell at friends. and after a fight, and u make up, ur relationship is stronger. well let me jsut say that i am closer to God and have a stronger relationship after that yelling period.

my opinion
  • my friends we all go through doubt, we all question God, even the disciples doubted and questioned Jesus, b4 he rose from the dead,
    wat we must come to terms with is that we can not understand Gods plan, we are earthly beings, we are limited,
    i myself have gone through this, i have all my life wanted an older brother, its my dream, someone to shoot hoops with, be a deacon with, grow with, then when i was 13/14 my parents told me and my sis that i did have a brother, he was born b4 me and my sis but he only lived for three days, i cried like crazy wen i found out, i "questioned God, i asked why?"

the only thing i could come up with is that God hated me, as i matured, i began to say that God knows best, and that he did wat he did for a reason, maybe to prevent a future problem... we cant see the whole picture, only wats rite infront of us, God sees wat is best, and who are we to question our creator, he LOves us so much, he brought us into this world...
    Abouna Mikhiel Ibrahim's son said on his death bed to console his wife and brother "how can we accept healing from GOd, and not accept the sickness"
    in the same way, how can we accept the good things in life and not the bad, the happiness and not the saddness, the life and not the death...
    "wat is life but a vapour that appears in the earth and then vanishes" (Abouna Mikhiel Ibrahim) our body is just a prison for our soul, we cant say he was so young and he died, no my friends, we are the ones who are dead, we are dead on this earth, life, true life starts after death, in paradise... they are all lucky they are alive and we are dead, how can we question GOd giving them life, giving them Joy...
  • Wow, you said that perfectly GJI! Nice job.
  • God is truely Great!!
    ;)
  • :o wowow! Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you...lolx...thank you everyone....that really really helped....and I havent really brought it up with my CF because I get emotional somewhat and I dont really want to cry or nething lyk that in front of my CF so I guess I'm using these excuses to cover the fact that I'm scared to bring it up....but i mean u guys really helped, thank you so much :)

GOD BLESS ALL SO MUCH! :-*
  • and i know how u feel George, about the whole brother thing...xept mine was younger
  • God will strengthen us my sister, since i came to this site, ive been rewarded with lots of brothers and sister, for that im grateful.
  • thats so true....it took a while to figure out, but i got u, eventually ;)

• ionno, am i supposed to lock this now or wut do i do after a post-topic is dying?? ???

• I guess you should leave it open, because someone might have a question about it later on.. but it's your thread, do whatever you want ;) .....
  • nah u leave it, just incase some onw in the future has a question he can bring it up again.. ;)
  • Lol, I typed it faster than you did GJI :P
  • :-[
    oh well great mindz!!! ;) ;) ;)
  • ohh no its okay, i just didnt kno wut to do that sall, lolx...so i guess i'll leave it open 4 ppl lyk george and lordhavemercy to have typing contests...

• [quote author=G.J.I link=board=1;threadid=614;start=0#msg10701 date=1094519456]
    my friends we all go through doubt, we all question God, even the disciples doubted and questioned Jesus, b4 he rose from the dead,
    wat we must come to terms with is that we can not understand Gods plan, we are earthly beings, we are limited,
    i myself have gone through this, i have all my life wanted an older brother, its my dream, someone to shoot hoops with, be a deacon with, grow with, then when i was 13/14 my parents told me and my sis that i did have a brother, he was born b4 me and my sis but he only lived for three days, i cried like crazy wen i found out, i "questioned God, i asked why?"

the only thing i could come up with is that God hated me, as i matured, i began to say that God knows best, and that he did wat he did for a reason, maybe to prevent a future problem... we cant see the whole picture, only wats rite infront of us, God sees wat is best, and who are we to question our creator, he LOves us so much, he brought us into this world...
    Abouna Mikhiel Ibrahim's son said on his death bed to console his wife and brother "how can we accept healing from GOd, and not accept the sickness"
    in the same way, how can we accept the good things in life and not the bad, the happiness and not the saddness, the life and not the death...
    "wat is life but a vapour that appears in the earth and then vanishes" (Abouna Mikhiel Ibrahim) our body is just a prison for our soul, we cant say he was so young and he died, no my friends, we are the ones who are dead, we are dead on this earth, life, true life starts after death, in paradise... they are all lucky they are alive and we are dead, how can we question GOd giving them life, giving them Joy...

wow high five for u!!!
    ;)
  • i have a simple question: what are the major differences between questioning God in the terms of why this and why that and in the terms of questioning his abilities and to what extend they can stretch?

• You just said it. The difference is between questioning God and asking God. Asking God, "Why did this happen?" is not wrong, it's actually good, because you are evaluating what is happening in your ife, and you realize your faults and errors. But once you question God, then you no longer are doing it for your benefit, or for any benefit, you're not doing any asking at all actually.... you're doubting God and his abilities. This is like saying, ""God, I really wanted this, you took it away because you don't know me," or something along those lines.

But someone please correct me if I'm wrong... ;)
  • so bascially one way ur asking for help and ability to correct ur mistakes and another way is saying God u cant handle this...?

• Yeah, I guess. One way, you're curious about knowing why He did it, or you're asking help Now, I don't even know what I mean, your questions are too good for me. ;D But I guess the other way is, for lack of a better word, "belittling" God, but not as harsh I guess. ;)
  • lolx, i'm sorry i'm confoosing at times...most of the time, i word things weirdly i'm so sorry, lolx...but i sorta get wut u mean, i acually kno exactly wut u mean just because i realized lyk u said i answered my question within the question...here i go again, confoosion! lolx...sorry guys :-\

• Lol, nah, it's me. ;D Oh, and I got what you said at the end, about the question answering the question, lol. ;)
  • lolx...o yay sum1 understood me from the 1st time, lolx, anhh jk...but neways i just wanna say that i kinda sorta discovered that in order for u not to question God u have to realize that u cant do anything on ur own because if u think u can solve all problems alone then ur never really going to have faith that God can handle it, so i think if we come to realization with ourselves that NO we cant do everything or rather anything alone, i think everything goes from there because then you'll have faith in God to do anything...i just wanted to share that...