Is McDonald's Mozzarella Bites Siaamy?

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
Hi,

Mr. McDonalds has these new cheese bites: Mozzarella cheese in breadcrumbs. I just want to know before I embark on buying a lot of them, are they fasting?

Does anyone know?

It looked siamy, and I think mozzarella cheese is siamy. I know bread is siamy also.

If this is siamy, this is going to be the best passion week ever.

Thanks

Comments

• mozzarella cheese is made from cow's milk.
    ya'ani definitely not siaamy!
    sorry. u know u can make yr own garlic bread at home by using oil, garlic and bread.
    if u need take-away food for personal reasons (eg will set house on fire if cook), then most chinese takeaways do tofu with vegetables. tofu has been made from fermented soy bean curd for 2000 years (don't worry, they'll make a fresh one on request!) and is vegan, ya'ani siaamy.
    ;)
  • Mabsoota! Are you sure!??

I just had some today. We went to get onion rings, but they had sold out, so we got a Vegie burger with the Cheese Bites. Oh!!!!

Ohhhh!! DOH!

Its not fasting?

Its a good thing we didnt buy for the whole week in advance then!!!
  • Actually, I'm dumbfounded by that question.
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9031.msg112532#msg112532 date=1269887284]
    Actually, I'm dumbfounded by that question.

me too..... lol
  • uhhh cheese is DEFINATELY not siami lol... why would u think that anything called
    "cheese " is siami? haha
  • [quote author=ilovesaintmark link=topic=9031.msg112532#msg112532 date=1269887284]
    Actually, I'm dumbfounded by that question.

Easy big boy,

Its the truth. I honestly thought that mozarella was siamee... come on.. Im not a chef. How was I meant to know!?

The main thing is this: I didnt order it again.
  • LOL
    so lucky
    i want some cheese
  • [quote author=egyboy link=topic=9031.msg112538#msg112538 date=1269897792]
    uhhh cheese is DEFINATELY not siami lol... why would u think that anything called
    "cheese " is siami? haha

OK.. you want the truth? I honestly thought that mozarella, being so rubbery was siammee.. i thought it was like made of toffu.

It tasted so nice, I had to ask to be sure it wasn't siameee..

• i agree mozzerella and cheddar are the best kinds of cheese,
    Zoxasi, i don't blame you for eating this or asking cuz honestly if i didn't know it wasn't siamee i wouldn't ask,
    i just want to enjoy my cheese
  • Hey,
    Lets keep our food intake simple during Passion Week and keep the true focus on our spirit because our bodies don't last as long as our spirit, which lasts all eternity. So lets invest in our spirit- its an opportunity now with the blessings and prayers of everyone in church.
    Lets even avoid the imitation foods like soy cheese and soy meat this Holy Week and keep to the fruits of love, joy, peace, self- control, goodness, gentleness, patience, kindness and faithfulness.

Zoxsasi, mozzarella is made from water buffalo milk- http://homecooking.about.com/od/cookingfaqs/f/faqmozzarella.htm.

There is a time for every event under heaven, a time to sow and a time to reap what one had sown. A time to weep and a time to laugh.
  • [quote author=minagir link=topic=9031.msg112550#msg112550 date=1269909151]
    watch min 9:56 of this video: http://cof.blip.tv/file/3367831/

"Make fasts pointless by substituting real cheese with seyami cheese."

Something to think about,
    Thanks minagir.
  • the siam is almost over, eat as much cheese as you want after church on Saturday night lol
  • [quote author=Selah link=topic=9031.msg112548#msg112548 date=1269906505]
    Hey,
    Lets keep our food intake simple during Passion Week and keep the true focus on our spirit because our bodies don't last as long as our spirit, which lasts all eternity. So lets invest in our spirit- its an opportunity now with the blessings and prayers of everyone in church.
    Lets even avoid the imitation foods like soy cheese and soy meat this Holy Week and keep to the fruits of love, joy, peace, self- control, goodness, gentleness, patience, kindness and faithfulness.

Zoxsasi, mozzarella is made from water buffalo milk- http://homecooking.about.com/od/cookingfaqs/f/faqmozzarella.htm.

There is a time for every event under heaven, a time to sow and a time to reap what one had sown. A time to weep and a time to laugh.

I'm really sorry for this thread: I just wanted a quick yes/no answer. I didnt expect to receive documentaries and conspiracy theories on whether cheese is siammee or not.

Enough already! I agree.. eh da!
  • [quote author=Selah link=topic=9031.msg112548#msg112548 date=1269906505]
    Hey,

thanks so much selah for that, i really need that right now. my abouna (see the thread "eating") is constantly telling me this because he is trying to help me cut down on my food in Passion week so i can focus so i am convinced because of the way u put it thanx. is the bottom a verse from the Bible? if it is where did you get it from? please mention my name (Jonah Youssef)in your prayers  that i can be strong this week and keep focused
    thanks so much

your brother in Christ,
    Jonah
  • selah's quote is from ecclesiastes.
    i know some of u miss eating ch**s* (i can't even bear to write the word or i'll start thinking of it!)
    i am missing a lot of church coz have big responsibilities in other areas and have to meet up with some work colleagues this eve, so i'm going to start a thread on positive thoughts for passion week, for those of us who are struggling through not being in church or not wanting to be in church etc.
    i'll put it under coptic orthodox  :)
  • change of plan, mozes started a brilliant thread on 'how to benefit spiritually from passion week' under 'coptic orthodox', so i'll write there.
  • Actually, the siam is not about the food even my confession father told me that if u like to eat something siami stop it when u r fasting, its to deep ur relationship with god 
  • I beg to differ, it is about food (as a portion of the overall discipline).  Our Master fasted.  That is a fact.  It all of the other disciplinary issues also.  People try to play the substitution game, and that's what makes it pathetic and laughable.

Anyone for siami baklava.

Remember:  If it looks like baklava, and tastes like baklava, IT IS BAKLAVA!